Russian Riot - allout.org Petition to Vladimir Putin

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
Christuserloeser
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Been thanked: 0

Russian Riot - allout.org Petition to Vladimir Putin

Post by Christuserloeser »

Published August 17th: In Moscow, Pride marches have just been banned for 100 years. Anti-gay activists are using the Russian government's gay gag laws to sue Madonna for $10,000,000 because she spoke up for the LGBT community. And punk band Pussy Riot has been sentenced to 2 years in prison for their musical protest – deemed "homosexual propaganda."

Add your voice to the international outcry against Putin before he attends the September United Nations Leaders meeting in New York.
http://www.allout.org/en/actions/russianriot

Petition text:
"PRESIDENT VLADIMIR PUTIN

The world is watching with horror as homophobia dominates Russia and dissenting voices are being silenced, sued, and imprisoned. We urge you to put an end to this persecution and respect the human rights of all Russians regardless of their sexual orientation or political beliefs.
"
President Putin will be attending UN meetings and parties with the leaders of every country around the globe and we're going to deliver this petition to him there.
Insane homebrew collector.
Jeeba Jabba
Jeeba Jabba
Has thanked: 0

Re: Russian Riot - allout.org Petition to Vladimir Putin

Post by Jeeba Jabba »

I've been saying it for years, although it was formerly just a political tactic, but... Western civilization must be nearing its zenith for such violence and hatred to be making such strides over the act of two people fucking. This is how Christianity was able to strangle Roman civilization at its highest of heights. I guess every time we near the mountain top, the crazies argue we have too much excess on our backs and we'll need to confront our morals to reach the top.
"He who cannot draw on 3,000 years is living hand-to-mouth." -Goethe
Maturion

Post by Maturion »

While I support the rights of homosexuals, I don't like these extremely poncey and overblown gay pride marches. There are no heterosexual pride marches either. But anyway, that's just my opinion. Being homosexual is still legal in Russia. The problem about homophobia in Russia is, that not only the government is homophobic but large parts of the population. There's no broad support over there for strengthening the rights of gay people.
Jeeba Jabba
Jeeba Jabba

Post by Jeeba Jabba »

Both sides make far too big of a deal about it. I couldn't care less about homosexuality. I have quite a few close friends who are gay, but they aren't overly flamboyant about it and constantly trying to define themselves by it. We just like putting our dicks into different things. Should two straight friends abandon their friendship because one likes roleplaying and S&M while the other prefers strict missionary?

People spend so much time worrying about something they spend such little time doing. Gay rights are an important and deserving issue. However, I don't throw massive parades with floats and music to declare that I like vanilla ice cream better than strawberry. Nor do I spend all of my free time attacking people who prefer illustrating with graphite over charcoal.
"He who cannot draw on 3,000 years is living hand-to-mouth." -Goethe
Maturion

Post by Maturion »

There's hardly anything I can add to that.
RyoDC
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by RyoDC »

What connection have all of this relative to Pussy Riot? The reason PR are sitting under the fence have no connections with homosexuality.

We don't have 100% approvement that Putin has somehow affect or exert pressure on judicial system (and we don't know his connections in this area, if he even have one), to criminal sentence a Pussy Riot. What Putin said, is vice-versa:
I don't think they must be so severely punished for this
That directly exposes Putin's point-of-view: He don't care of their little hooligan action, nor do their improvized prayer. And I don't think that these punk stuff would a serious disturbing problem to a man of such social position and excess. Well, he most now care about an overall society reaction, situation had definitely gone under the control, so yeah, if he's not that short-eyed or blind, he must intervene now, good moment have come.

The main reason to fire PR was their punk acts.
I know some of you would protest this, but what they were thinkin?
Go in the church, piss on the people faces, give a cam shot in the face of christianity preacher, and then resent: "Oh, they are putting me into jail 'cause I called an Obama a faggot, it's a politicized process, OMG!"
How do I try to build a Dreamcast toolchain:
Wagh
Wagh

Post by Wagh »

I'm not sure I see the problem with gay parades. Maybe it's because I live in San Francisco but the dyke march is one of the best parades I've ever had the pleasure of attending. Naked dudes with their dong out is a okay ( public nudity isn't illegal here ) as well as chicks covered head to toe in S&M gear during the folsom street fest. People here celebrate whatever their identity may be gay, straight or somewhere in between there's something going on for you. There's a parade for everyone so no one feels left out.
Bush and Hussein together in bed
Giving H-E-A-D head
Y'all motherfuckers heard what we said
Billions made and millions dead
not just souLLy now
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by not just souLLy now »

ITT white middle class men in developed countries complaining about a group of people who've been persecuted for generations having a fucking parade once in a while
|darc|
DCEmu Webmaster
DCEmu Webmaster

Post by |darc| »

Jeeba Jabba wrote:Both sides make far too big of a deal about it. I couldn't care less about homosexuality. I have quite a few close friends who are gay, but they aren't overly flamboyant about it and constantly trying to define themselves by it. We just like putting our dicks into different things. Should two straight friends abandon their friendship because one likes roleplaying and S&M while the other prefers strict missionary?

People spend so much time worrying about something they spend such little time doing. Gay rights are an important and deserving issue. However, I don't throw massive parades with floats and music to declare that I like vanilla ice cream better than strawberry. Nor do I spend all of my free time attacking people who prefer illustrating with graphite over charcoal.

Well, it doesn't take a rocket surgeon to figure out that the reason why people aren't parading around for strawberry ice cream is because strawberry ice cream is not something that is globally argued about as a human rights issue.
It's thinking...