Any Gamecube players out there?

Sylverant is a homebrew open source server for Phantasy Star Online. Dreamcast users still play PSO online with this server even today! This is the official forum for both the online game server as well as the open source project itself. Feel free to post and get a gathering started online! We can also show you how to get connected!

Moderators: BlueCrab, Aleron Ives

Rayne
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Any Gamecube players out there?

Post by Rayne »

I have been a fan of PSO since I found PSO Episode I & II Plus on the Gamecube. Unfortunately, I was never able to play it online, so I never got the full experience.

Fast forward to 2012, when I suddenly learn that there are still servers and communities out there!

I'm looking to play through the game from the beginning online, hopefully with some other players! Anyone feel like playing on Gamecube?
Aleron Ives
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Re: Any Gamecube players out there?

Post by Aleron Ives »

The game is supported here, but not very many GC users come to this server, probably because it doesn't have the quests with easy EXP that people want to play. :roll:
"Fear the HUnewearl."
K_I_R_E_E_K
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by K_I_R_E_E_K »

Some GCubers do come here, but they never anounce or tell anyone and so the same cenario happens over and over which is the one where only 1 GC player is in the server.

You anounced on the forum that you want to play, very good, maybe the other GC players will see it.
Last edited by K_I_R_E_E_K on Sun Sep 08, 2013 5:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rayne
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by Rayne »

I'm ready to play today! I have four characters right now:

Laiela - FOnewearl Lv 11 - Caves
Johnny - RAmar Lv 2 - Forest
Liana - HUnewearl Lv 1 - Forest
Alex DeSilva - HUcast Lv 1 - Forest

To organize games a little easier, you can contact me on Skype (rayne-mercury) or Steam (you must be logged into Steam to find me).
shadowrod
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by shadowrod »

Aleron Ives wrote:The game is supported here, but not very many GC users come to this server, probably because it doesn't have the quests with easy EXP that people want to play. :roll:
I´ve been thinking of that and I believe Altimira should be open also for gcs because most of pc and players plays there at least for chat. Also the cross platform in syllverant is not bad on VEGA, for example. Iselia has many bugs in cross games with quests ...(regarding PSO PC and PSO GC )I´ve benn playing with stasher (pc player) and nothing bad happened. Only once we had fsod with switch pressing thing on ruins. Other than that we had minor glitches like seeing each other fighting invisible enemies, boomas running away from you and normal attacks that freezes enemies,oh and lonely boss fights lol.The point is...it´s playable and ou have been warning people that item loss may occur, mainly when dc players join the game. However if you store items you and save often on lobby (pc), you don´t lose important items as well as Gc makes auto save often. Unless you´re a v1 player...which the risk for losing item or reboot to standard weapons have more chances to happen. So in the future perhaps the server may work to make cross games between pc and gc more playable. I remember a post on schthack some years ago pointing out that it´s not that difficult to make these games more compatible.And please...I´m not complaining about anything. It´s just a suggestion, or to be honest, a dream to come true for me.
BlueCrab
The Crabby Overlord
The Crabby Overlord

Post by BlueCrab »

I suspect that the "lack of quest bugs" for GC/DC/PC cross-play on Vega is potentially that they might be using converted quests for GC. That's really the only explanation why there would be any less quest-related bugs on Vega than there are on Iselia. In theory, what should be done on GC/DC/PC cross play is to just send the DC quest to the GC player, since that should generally work, as far as I remember.

That said, there are still plenty of issues with cross-platform play, which is why it is not enabled without messing with commands. If I thought it was stable, it would be enabled without those commands, but it is certainly not up to my standards for stable.
Aleron Ives
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by Aleron Ives »

Even making free games work properly requires tons of intervention by the server, since the games aren't using the same default quest maps. The only reason DC and PC can play together is that Sega was kind enough not to change any of the maps when making the PC version.
"Fear the HUnewearl."
AmonX
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by AmonX »

Aleron Ives wrote:The only reason DC and PC can play together is that Sega was kind enough not to change any of the maps when making the PC version.
Either that or you were kind enough to fix them :P Cmode comes to mind :)

My friend Sparky and two of his friends are going to start playing online
Aleron Ives
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by Aleron Ives »

Quests are easy to fix, since they are stored on the server. I'm talking about the freeplay maps. If Sega had changed them in PC, DC-PC games would cause FSOD just like playing with GC players does.
"Fear the HUnewearl."
K_I_R_E_E_K
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by K_I_R_E_E_K »

I have played some cross platform quests (just watching) on a GC specific server with GC specific quests and we still ended up beeing affected by bugs wich were visible in a different way by me and the GC players.
The room had nothing new asside from enemies just like any other room and still we reached a situation where we could not progress.

Even if GC - PC/DC is playable, there will always be those tiny bugs that no one will be able to fix.
Players often like beeing able to play without problems, even if the problems are erased, only a small portion of players do cross platform gameplay.
FaithY
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by FaithY »

AmonX wrote:
Aleron Ives wrote:The only reason DC and PC can play together is that Sega was kind enough not to change any of the maps when making the PC version.
Either that or you were kind enough to fix them :P Cmode comes to mind :)

My friend Sparky and two of his friends are going to start playing online
:jumpinggrins: :jumpinggrins:
:mrgreen:
IncognitoMan
DC Respected Artist
DC Respected Artist

Post by IncognitoMan »

When I get my gamecube and dreamcast hooked back all up I could be down for some PSO GC...

When are you playing exactly so I can try to map around that time frame.
Aurelli
DCEmu Cool Newbie
DCEmu Cool Newbie

Post by Aurelli »

Aleron Ives wrote:The game is supported here, but not very many GC users come to this server, probably because it doesn't have the quests with easy EXP that people want to play. :roll:
Because getting EXP totally needs to be easier.. Right..

Anyway. Oh look, another GC player just appeared.
IncognitoMan
DC Respected Artist
DC Respected Artist

Post by IncognitoMan »

And oh look.... I setup my GC finally ( actually using devolution for component <3 )
Aurelli wrote:
Because getting EXP totally needs to be easier.. Right..

Anyway. Oh look, another GC player just appeared.
anal=probe
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by anal=probe »

Got GC PSO working on the wii with sylverant :)
Smiley
DCEmu Ultra Fan
DCEmu Ultra Fan

Post by Smiley »

I have two copies of the game for GameCube.
IncognitoMan
DC Respected Artist
DC Respected Artist

Post by IncognitoMan »

Bump

Got the gc version going so I'll be on more... however I'm starting fresh again so I'm only level 7 at the moment.

So....any other GC players out there? :mrgreen:
Treamcaster
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Treamcaster »

I'm back. Anyone playing GC versions on this server?
mautheus
DCEmu Cool Newbie
DCEmu Cool Newbie

Post by mautheus »

My BBA and my USA GC PSO arrived. 've Configured everything and yesterday I played a bit. But still with the PSO DC v2 USA because it has more people.
If anyone has GC start playing I'll play with my GC too.
ward
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by ward »

Are there any GC players on this server?

I'm a longtime player just came to this server looking for other people to play with. In the Pacific time zone and usually play weeknights from 4-7. Weekends are more open.