PS2 Question?

General purpose discussion about gaming and emulation.
cube_b3
Ex-Newsposter
Ex-Newsposter
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/

PS2 Question?

Post by cube_b3 »

Do you think it ran it course or was it forced out of the market to just clear shelf space for PS3?

I mean they could've ported hundreds of PSP/Wii or even smart phone games that people would've enjoyed and purchased happily.

The only thing missing are wireless controllers add that and the system is probably good for another 10 years. I mean all these XBLA/PSN/Dreamcast (:P) games would have ran rather well on the PS2 and probably sold more as they would have a physical presence on store shelves.
Ex-Cyber
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: PS2 Question?

Post by Ex-Cyber »

Considering that it hasn't yet been discontinued and that there are still upcoming games, I think it's still running its course.
"You know, I have a great, wonderful, really original method of teaching antitrust law, and it kept 80 percent of the students awake. They learned things. It was fabulous." -- Justice Stephen Breyer
Juan
DCEmu Commie
DCEmu Commie

Post by Juan »

Both FIFA and PES are still getting the yearly PS2 rehash on 2013.
tekkaman1
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by tekkaman1 »

I didn't knew games were still released for it. It systems die sooner or later. The newer version replaces the last one or the competition does. People always want the new thing. Even if it was around I don't think the systems perse would sell. Take for example the cellphone market. Most people say phones with buttons are crap and touch screen are the best just because of the novelty of poking a stupid screen. In gaming well people would say now that Ps2 is crap simply because it's old.