DCEmulation

dreamcast development • homebrew software • hardware hacking • indie games • emulators • and more!
Back to main site
It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 2:28 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 4:48 pm 
DCEmu Crazy Poster
DCEmu Crazy Poster

So, with a new installation comes a new build of KallistiOS for me. It appeared to go smoothly this time, both with the toolchain and with kos itself. From what I can see, kos-ports also built correctly. My issue is with building dcload-ip. Running make (with the configurations changes set) yields a "No such file or directory" with regard to libelf.h in dc-tool.c. I found out that my include directory in /opt/toolchains/dc/sh-elf/ is empty, which seems strange. Did something not build correctly with the toolchain? Or is the dcload project broken again?

[EDIT]
My guess is that libelf is presumably installed before handling KallistiOS. Or, maybe, most people have bfd.h used instead and libelf.h isn't needed and this is just an issue of being untested recently. Or, who knows, it might have been a build issue. It didn't seem to matter as installing libelf resolved the issue for me.

ArchLinux:
Code:
$ sudo pacman -S libelf

Post subject: Re: Missing libelf.h
PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 5:36 pm 
The Crabby Overlord
The Crabby Overlord

You need to install libelf. That is a host package that you should be able to find relatively easily for your system.

Alternatively, you can try to figure out how to get binutils to install libbfd, and change the Makefile for dc-tool to use it instead. However, they seem to like to change the procedure for installing libbfd often. That's why we switched to libelf in the first place. :wink:

EDIT: You apparently noticed this as I was posting. That said, dc-tool isn't a dependency of KOS itself, so one really can't say KOS requires libelf.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 5:45 pm 
DCEmu Crazy Poster
DCEmu Crazy Poster

BlueCrab wrote:
EDIT: You apparently noticed this as I was posting. That said, dc-tool isn't a dependency of KOS itself, so one really can't say KOS requires libelf.

Ah, gotcha. That makes a little more sense. I've just been too spoiled with packages and build tools handling everything in one step.