Missing libelf.h [Resolved]

If you have any questions on programming, this is the place to ask them, whether you're a newbie or an experienced programmer. Discussion on programming in general is also welcome. We will help you with programming homework, but we will not do your work for you! Any porting requests must be made in Developmental Ideas.
Senk
DCEmu Crazy Poster
DCEmu Crazy Poster
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Missing libelf.h [Resolved]

Post by Senk »

So, with a new installation comes a new build of KallistiOS for me. It appeared to go smoothly this time, both with the toolchain and with kos itself. From what I can see, kos-ports also built correctly. My issue is with building dcload-ip. Running make (with the configurations changes set) yields a "No such file or directory" with regard to libelf.h in dc-tool.c. I found out that my include directory in /opt/toolchains/dc/sh-elf/ is empty, which seems strange. Did something not build correctly with the toolchain? Or is the dcload project broken again?

[EDIT]
My guess is that libelf is presumably installed before handling KallistiOS. Or, maybe, most people have bfd.h used instead and libelf.h isn't needed and this is just an issue of being untested recently. Or, who knows, it might have been a build issue. It didn't seem to matter as installing libelf resolved the issue for me.

ArchLinux:

Code: Select all

$ sudo pacman -S libelf
BlueCrab
The Crabby Overlord
The Crabby Overlord

Re: Missing libelf.h

Post by BlueCrab »

You need to install libelf. That is a host package that you should be able to find relatively easily for your system.

Alternatively, you can try to figure out how to get binutils to install libbfd, and change the Makefile for dc-tool to use it instead. However, they seem to like to change the procedure for installing libbfd often. That's why we switched to libelf in the first place. :wink:

EDIT: You apparently noticed this as I was posting. That said, dc-tool isn't a dependency of KOS itself, so one really can't say KOS requires libelf.
Senk
DCEmu Crazy Poster
DCEmu Crazy Poster
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Missing libelf.h [Resolved]

Post by Senk »

BlueCrab wrote:EDIT: You apparently noticed this as I was posting. That said, dc-tool isn't a dependency of KOS itself, so one really can't say KOS requires libelf.
Ah, gotcha. That makes a little more sense. I've just been too spoiled with packages and build tools handling everything in one step.