Has anyone bought a vita?

General purpose discussion about gaming and emulation.
Wagh
Wagh
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Has anyone bought a vita?

Post by Wagh »

I got one recently and have been having fun. I don't usually play portable consoles but picked one and a 3ds up after getting tired of touch screen controls on the iPad as well as game quality.

I must say while the vita part itself is cool, I spend most of my time playing psp titles. Uncharted is entertaining. The graphics are crisp and it uses the new controls well. It has some game breaking bugs though. Hopefully those will get patched. Touch my katamari was fun too but is still just another katamari game. I hadn't played any since the first so it was good to get back to it.

Really though I've been sinking all my time into 30 second hero and cladun. I can't believe I missed these titles as they are awesome. Anyone have recommendations on games like these or vita titles? I've got some psn credit and have been browsing the list but I don't really recognize most of the titles.
Bush and Hussein together in bed
Giving H-E-A-D head
Y'all motherfuckers heard what we said
Billions made and millions dead
DaMadFiddler
Team Screamcast
Team Screamcast

Re: Has anyone bought a vita?

Post by DaMadFiddler »

The hardware looks neat, but it's too rich for my blood. If I were going to spend that much on a portable, I'd prefer something like the Pandora... though that device has taken so long to get its ducks in a row that I'm not sure it's worth the purchase any more. Its window of opportunity may be gone.
Jeeba Jabba
Jeeba Jabba

Post by Jeeba Jabba »

I really want one, but there isn't the software to warrant the purchase yet. I've played them extensively and the hardware is just great. Joysticks, display, weight. Everything is perfect. But if it doesn't see some AAA titles in 2012, the prophecy of it being the Concorde of portable gaming will probably come true. Just a few JRPGs should do the trick for me.
"He who cannot draw on 3,000 years is living hand-to-mouth." -Goethe
Klonoa
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by Klonoa »

I have one myself but lately I haven't used it much but I am craving to play something graphically impressive on it. But yeah Uncharted's water effects are very awesome and I think it's by far the best looking handheld game out there. I really enjoyed the touch puzzles on it and the story.

I also have UMvC3 but damn it's frustratingly annoying since everyone just hits the home button when they're about to lose. I would get Mortal Kombat but dunno if it suffers from the same problem I did however play the PS3 version and thought the story mode was very cool.

Next week the Resistance will come I'm pretty sure it'll pave the way for most of the future FPS games on it I'll be renting it first though.

I would also checkout Megaman Maverick Hunter X or Castlevania X Chronicles non Vita games there's been a lot of PSP game specials on PSN.
Jeeba Jabba
Jeeba Jabba

Post by Jeeba Jabba »

Specially Cork

Post by Specially Cork »

I'll get one soon. Reasons
- PS1 Classic support coming soon
- Persona 4 Golden
- I want an excuse to play Rayman Origins again
- I loved my PSP
- I want an exploitable launch model so I'm good to go once they hack it for emulation
Lartrak
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by Lartrak »

My girlfriend bought one at launch. They're pretty cool devices - solid enough battery life, great screen, and the controls are much improved over the regular PSP (always hated the PSP disc, pretty fine with the Vita ministicks). Some good games, plays movies great, etc.

There's a lot of cool downloadable stuff, and they're just overall spiffy things. I don't think the library is quite there yet, though. We'll see in another 6 months to a year.
How to be a Conservative:
You have to believe everything that has ever gone wrong in the history of your country was due to Liberals.
melancholy
DCEmu's Ace Attorney
DCEmu's Ace Attorney

Post by melancholy »

I have one. I absolutely love the screen on it. Nicest screen of just about any device I've used. But most the software at the moment falls into the DS's 'must use every single feature' gimmick. I've pretty much had mine since 2 weeks after launch, turned it on for an hour to try Katamari and haven't touched it since. I'm hoping when Gravity Rush comes out in the next couple of weeks that I'll have something worth playing. But until some better software release for it, it's pretty much collects dust at the moment.
Jeeba Jabba
Jeeba Jabba

Post by Jeeba Jabba »

melancholy wrote:I have one. I absolutely love the screen on it. Nicest screen of just about any device I've used. But most the software at the moment falls into the DS's 'must use every single feature' gimmick. I've pretty much had mine since 2 weeks after launch, turned it on for an hour to try Katamari and haven't touched it since. I'm hoping when Gravity Rush comes out in the next couple of weeks that I'll have something worth playing. But until some better software release for it, it's pretty much collects dust at the moment.

I got one the other day, and I'm absolutely in love with it. If you haven't used it much, that means you haven't played Super Stardust, which I honestly think is the best game on the system right now. It's only $10. As far as the 'new feature' gimmicks, those gimmicks made Dynasty Warriors Next the first in the franchise playable and enjoyable for me. But I digress...

Buy Super Stardust. Now.

ALSO, coming soon (Summer, I think?) JET SET RADIO is being ported to the Vita with new touch controls for tagging (!!!!!). Can't wait.