Roofus
President & CEO Roofuscorp, LLC
https://www.houzz.com/pro/kuchnie/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

DCDivx not playing help please!

Post by Roofus »

Hi, I found your site and I really like all the dreamcast emulation here. I downloaded DCDivx and I think it's really neat, but I'm having trouble playing a movie. I followed the guide and made a 1080p blu-ray rip of twilight but it only plays at about 1 frame per 5 minutes and the sound is way off. When will the authors of DCDivx fix this?
malikinam

Re: DCDivx not playing help please!

Post by malikinam »

I hate to say it, but it's hardly a help channel anymore. Usually if anyone comes in for help no one is willing to do anything.
melancholy
DCEmu's Ace Attorney
DCEmu's Ace Attorney

Post by melancholy »

Your problem isn't the DCDivx software, it's that the movie's special effects are simply too intense for the decoder to handle. For one, the DC has to use FXPP to turn the normal color-filled footage and convert it into a crappy washed-out grey overcast, for realism. It also has trouble rendering HDR lighting of thousands of little light sources that bounce off the vampire's sparkly chest.

As for the audio, I would need a better description of 'way off.' Are you hearing long uncomfortable pauses followed by disjointed conversations that sound nonsensical? Because if you are, that's not a technical problem, that's a creativity problem.
Juan
DCEmu Commie
DCEmu Commie

Post by Juan »

gypplay yo
Roofus

Post by Roofus »

melancholy wrote:Your problem isn't the DCDivx software, it's that the movie's special effects are simply too intense for the decoder to handle. For one, the DC has to use FXPP to turn the normal color-filled footage and convert it into a crappy washed-out grey overcast, for realism. It also has trouble rendering HDR lighting of thousands of little light sources that bounce off the vampire's sparkly chest.

As for the audio, I would need a better description of 'way off.' Are you hearing long uncomfortable pauses followed by disjointed conversations that sound nonsensical? Because if you are, that's not a technical problem, that's a creativity problem.
Should I try a different movie then, like New Moon or Eclipse?
Juan wrote:gypplay yo
Does gypplay support 3D at 1080p? Or do I have to downscale it to 720p first?
DaMadFiddler
Team Screamcast
Team Screamcast

Post by DaMadFiddler »

It's not a software problem; it's an issue of hardware compatibility. Trying to play Twilight at 1080p on a Dreamcast is not going to work for one very obvious reason: it's thinking. And since the Dreamcast is capable of thought, it knows better than to watch Twilight.
Specially Cork

Post by Specially Cork »

- Hook up your Dreamcast with a VGA cable
- Burn your movie to a DVD an put it in the Dreamcast
- While the Dreamcast is booting up, quickly open it up and put the DVD in a PC
- On the Dreamcast home-screen go to the VMU menu
- Press START five times then quickly put the VGA cable in your PC
- While holding down the Y button on a DC joypad in port 4, Press Winkey+P (Windows 7)
- Select "Projector only" or "Duplicate"
- If all goes well you should see your PC screen on your TV
- Navigate to the DVD root folder and select your movie
- Insert a Japanese copy of Sonic Adventure 2 into your Dreamcast
- Once you hear the disc motor rev up, sing Happy Birthday to You at 120BPM
- When you get to the part you should say the person's name, quickly double click your movie

If all goes well you should now have your movie playing on your Dreamcast.
ace
Forum ace
Forum ace

Post by ace »

malikinam wrote:I hate to say it, but it's hardly a help channel anymore. Usually if anyone comes in for help no one is willing to do anything.
:lol:
DaMadFiddler wrote:It's not a software problem; it's an issue of hardware compatibility. Trying to play Twilight at 1080p on a Dreamcast is not going to work for one very obvious reason: it's thinking. And since the Dreamcast is capable of thought, it knows better than to watch Twilight.
:guffaw: