Mass Effect 3

General purpose discussion about gaming and emulation.
ace
Forum ace
Forum ace
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Mass Effect 3

Post by ace »

Anyone else finished?
Specially Cork

Re: Mass Effect 3

Post by Specially Cork »

Honestly...I got bored with it. Maybe I've spent too many months running round Skyrim and Xenoblade but I can't help but scoff at how 99.9% of everywhere you go is off-limits, leaving just a corridor for your exploring needs.

I know it's a different type of game and the story is the big prize but even that has grated on me a bit. I played a very pro-Cerberus Shephard in ME2 and was looking forward to importing my character, only to find that I was now back with the Alliance, and my past history still left me with no supportive dialogue options for the Illusive Man. I guess stuff happened in the DLC I never bought, or there was a book, or a gap in the timeline some later reveal will fill in...I don't really give a shit. My Shephard has already aired views in ME3 that I played through ME2 disagreeing with, so they're different people. Meh.
pixel
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by pixel »

Specially Cork wrote:Honestly...I got bored with it. Maybe I've spent too many months running round Skyrim and Xenoblade but I can't help but scoff at how 99.9% of everywhere you go is off-limits, leaving just a corridor for your exploring needs.

I know it's a different type of game and the story is the big prize but even that has grated on me a bit. I played a very pro-Cerberus Shephard in ME2 and was looking forward to importing my character, only to find that I was now back with the Alliance, and my past history still left me with no supportive dialogue options for the Illusive Man. I guess stuff happened in the DLC I never bought, or there was a book, or a gap in the timeline some later reveal will fill in...I don't really give a shit. My Shephard has already aired views in ME3 that I played through ME2 disagreeing with, so they're different people. Meh.
Xenophobe.
Jeeba Jabba
Jeeba Jabba

Post by Jeeba Jabba »

Specially Cork wrote:Honestly...I got bored with it. Maybe I've spent too many months running round Skyrim and Xenoblade but I can't help but scoff at how 99.9% of everywhere you go is off-limits, leaving just a corridor for your exploring needs.

You liked FFXIII.
"He who cannot draw on 3,000 years is living hand-to-mouth." -Goethe
Specially Cork

Post by Specially Cork »

Jeeba Jabba wrote:

You liked FFXIII.
I liked ME2. Tastes change.
melancholy
DCEmu's Ace Attorney
DCEmu's Ace Attorney

Post by melancholy »

After trying Mass Effect 1 a while back and completely hating it, I decided to give it another shot since everyone was talking about it. And surprisingly, I'm enjoying it more now. I still hate the Gears of War feel, as I really hate shooting games, but I enjoy the story and exploration. I think I might actually finish it this time. We'll see.
Jeeba Jabba
Jeeba Jabba

Post by Jeeba Jabba »

If only we could have the top-notch combat of 2 and 3 with the RPG that was the first one... Ah, fucking EA.
Code-Red
DCEmu Ex-Admin
DCEmu Ex-Admin

Post by Code-Red »

Won't be buying it due to EA's bullshit Origin forceware.
Lartrak
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by Lartrak »

I liked how my internet went out, and since I have the From Ashes DLC, I couldn't play ME3 at all til it got fixed. Nice extra "feature" EA.
How to be a Conservative:
You have to believe everything that has ever gone wrong in the history of your country was due to Liberals.
DanteJay
DCEmu Cool Poster
DCEmu Cool Poster

Post by DanteJay »

For those who have already completed the game:
Spoiler!
melancholy
DCEmu's Ace Attorney
DCEmu's Ace Attorney

Post by melancholy »

So I beat the first one, which had a ton of technical issues but otherwise a fun game. It took way longer to beat than I anticipated, clocking in near the 40 hour mark by the time I saw the end. I think I spent a little too much time driving the Mako around (which was overly addicting).

So after beating it, I decided to start up Mass Effect 2. What the fuck did they do to this series? The team I spent the last 40 hours with is gone. All of that addictive loot gathering is gone. The Mako is gone. And now for some reason the universe uses ammo. I literally played the entire first game using nothing but the shotgun because I downright suck at aiming, but now I'm constantly battling to keep ammo in the damn thing, most of the time just being forced to resort to the pistol. I complained that the first one had too much of a Gears of War feel but now I feel like the series has become GoW. In short, I suck at this game and I want my Liara and Garrus back.
Jeeba Jabba
Jeeba Jabba

Post by Jeeba Jabba »

melancholy wrote:So I beat the first one, which had a ton of technical issues but otherwise a fun game. It took way longer to beat than I anticipated, clocking in near the 40 hour mark by the time I saw the end. I think I spent a little too much time driving the Mako around (which was overly addicting).

So after beating it, I decided to start up Mass Effect 2. What the fuck did they do to this series? The team I spent the last 40 hours with is gone. All of that addictive loot gathering is gone. The Mako is gone. And now for some reason the universe uses ammo. I literally played the entire first game using nothing but the shotgun because I downright suck at aiming, but now I'm constantly battling to keep ammo in the damn thing, most of the time just being forced to resort to the pistol. I complained that the first one had too much of a Gears of War feel but now I feel like the series has become GoW. In short, I suck at this game and I want my Liara and Garrus back.

EA bought BioWare between 1 and 2.

Ammo always existed in the ME galaxy. In the first book, it's described as projectiles the size of grains of sand, at incredible speed and force or course. It's practically an explanation for the style of gameplay in the first one, which was an RPG first and foremost, with light-action elements. Then EA stepped in yelling "LOL WTF R YALL DOING U NEED TO RELOAD LMAO BLOW SOMETHING UP FAGS"

And you get those characters back. Patience. If you kept Wrex, Kaiden or Ashley alive you can have them all the way until part 3.

P.S., if you're playing a shooter with a controller, of course you're going to suck at aiming. :P
pixel
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by pixel »

melancholy wrote:I want my Liara and Garrus back.
SPOILER: Both are in Mass Effect 2 (including DLC), one of them as an active team member.
Jeeba wrote:P.S., if you're playing a shooter with a controller, of course you're going to suck at aiming. :P
I've said it before, but Mass Effect controls are much easier on the PC, IMO. The combat menus, along with FPS aiming, work better with a mouse/keyboard.
Lartrak
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by Lartrak »

Yeah, not only does Garrus eventually come back in ME2, he gets the best character reintroduction anyone gets in the entire trilogy.
How to be a Conservative:
You have to believe everything that has ever gone wrong in the history of your country was due to Liberals.
Jeeba Jabba
Jeeba Jabba

Post by Jeeba Jabba »

Lartrak wrote:Yeah, not only does Garrus eventually come back in ME2, he gets the best character reintroduction anyone gets in the entire trilogy.

This.
melancholy
DCEmu's Ace Attorney
DCEmu's Ace Attorney

Post by melancholy »

Well, the biggest problem with keyboard/mouse controls are that I play from the recliner. I don't have a traditional PC setup anymore, I have a PC hooked up to my living room TV and use a Logitech Mediaboard to run the whole thing. I play everything with a controller, and if it doesn't have controller support, I don't play it.

But that's not the problem. The problem is that I am not a fan of pretty much any game with guns, but the first Mass Effect was enough like an RPG for me to overlook it and enjoy it. The second one ditched so much of what I found enjoyable about the first one in terms of gameplay that I'm finding it hard to be motivated to play. And the fact that the entire story takes a dramatic turn in the opening cinema doesn't help.
Jeeba Jabba
Jeeba Jabba

Post by Jeeba Jabba »

As much as I bitched and moaned for the first couple hours of ME2... The combat is actually a lot more fun. Also, you could try what I do when I'm gaming on my laptop on the couch: Mouse on mousepad on very large book on the armrest.
melancholy
DCEmu's Ace Attorney
DCEmu's Ace Attorney

Post by melancholy »

Well I'm considering giving it a second chance. Lord knows I gave the first one a couple before I finally made it through.
Klonoa
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by Klonoa »

This just sucks... it was getting really good and my save got corrupted. WTF! :yell:
ace
Forum ace
Forum ace

Post by ace »

Jeeba Jabba wrote:
Lartrak wrote:Yeah, not only does Garrus eventually come back in ME2, he gets the best character reintroduction anyone gets in the entire trilogy.

This.
Except for me. I was reading a review or a guide or something and without a warning SPOILER LOL GARRUS IS ARCHANGEL.

I loved Garrus in the first game, he was easily my favorite squadmate. It crushed me that I didn't get to be surprised.
melancholy wrote:Well I'm considering giving it a second chance. Lord knows I gave the first one a couple before I finally made it through.
Was the same for me. I kept fucking up during the first Mako mission. I got frustrated and quit about five times. And every time I put the disc in, I'd forget why I quit the last time. Till the Mako mission. Then I realized you can zoom in on the cannon, and the key was to take it slow, so as not to barrel into lava.

Also, the cannon in the first game was the most interesting.