Kung Fu Factory's "Girl Talk" port to Dreamcast

General purpose discussion about gaming and emulation.
phisejr
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Kung Fu Factory's "Girl Talk" port to Dreamcast

Post by phisejr »

Hey guys, I was looking at this game called "Girl Talk" by Kung Fu Factory and after watching the review and noticing that the game doesn't look as high end as most games today, and it looks like soul calibur/ doa2 graphic wise I decided to look for the developers and I didn't find an email address so I did the next best thing looked up their Facebook, I found their fan page and I just put my request to have them port it to the DC. I didn't expect to hear from them but 6 minutes later I got a response but they replied in a negative ALMOST saying it was a super idea an that they even have a dreamcast in the office but they don't have the dev kit anymore I don't know if they were referring to there dev kit or the dreamcast but I let them know that we (the dreamcast scene) have created alternative ways to develop for the dreamcast.

Give them more encouragement by going to their Facebook and liking a post by me Koku Jin or telling them they should port to dc. Just the fact they replied so fast shows that they listen, we did convince others to port content to the DC. We did it with bennuGD and CubicVR let's try one more time this time from someone that's getting more attention.

Here's a link to the GDC review

the game actually looks great. I hope it does come to the DC.

here's my Facebook post on their page.

http://www.facebook.com/kungfufactory?sk=wall

http://dreamcast-news.blogspot.com/2012 ... 9304588350
Stryfe
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Re: Kung Fu Factory's "Girl Talk" port to Dreamcast

Post by Stryfe »

Even if they were motivated enough to port this, how could they short of using the official development libraries?

There's no way this could be accomplished with any free, open source, homebrew dev environment. The question is whether they would be willing to forgo the legalities...
ImageImageImageImage
phisejr
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by phisejr »

BlueCrab
The Crabby Overlord
The Crabby Overlord

Post by BlueCrab »

Stryfe wrote:There's no way this could be accomplished with any free, open source, homebrew dev environment. The question is whether they would be willing to forgo the legalities...
I'd love to know why you think that if it can be accomplished that it could only be accomplished with the official tools. What major advantage do you feel that the official tools would give that you can't get with KOS and other such things. If you're going to point to the lack of much 3D homebrew for the Dreamcast, realize that 3D is a whole lot more work to deal with than 2D. When you're doing something for fun, not getting paid, and generally aren't a 3D artist, you don't do 3D.

I'd be more apt to think that its entirely impossible on the Dreamcast, period (without significantly downgrading the graphics). Mind you, I'd love to be proven wrong on the graphics point. I really would. I just don't foresee it happening at all. Sorry to say, but the Dreamcast doesn't have nearly the horsepower that some people seem to think that it does...
Specially Cork

Post by Specially Cork »

Nah. If I chose to buy this game I think the lower-priced PSN option with HD graphics and the convenience of working on a current console I regularly play would be a better choice than a Dreamcast port. Sorry.
mankrip
DCEmu Ex-Mod
DCEmu Ex-Mod

Post by mankrip »

Also, XBLA and PSN games can't be pirated as easily. AFAIK, XBLA games have never been warezed before, and I've never heard of anyone being able to warez PSN games either.
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh mankrip Hell's end wgah'nagl fhtagn.
==-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-==
Dev blog / Twitter / YouTube
Zealous zerotype
zerotype

Post by Zealous zerotype »

This is never going to happen. Theirs no point in wasting money to port something (that would be a bitch to port first of all) that only a few people would even buy. Cork knows whats up. Hey guis, wanna play this game on the dreamcast? OR do you wanna play it on a ps3 with hd, wide screen, better graphics, no disc, online play, and with a lot wider range of controller options?
SCO=SCUM=M$=SCO it keeps repeating :P
i'm a randite :worship:
DYTDMFBSB?
There must have been some mistake
I'm not the one who should be saved
My divinity has been denied
Mary and me were both fucked by God
Code-Red
DCEmu Ex-Admin
DCEmu Ex-Admin

Post by Code-Red »

mankrip wrote:AFAIK, XBLA games have never been warezed before, and I've never heard of anyone being able to warez PSN games either.
They certainly can. I'll leave it at that.
Skynet
DCEmu T-800
DCEmu T-800

Post by Skynet »

Code-Red wrote:
mankrip wrote:AFAIK, XBLA games have never been warezed before, and I've never heard of anyone being able to warez PSN games either.
They certainly can. I'll leave it at that.
I've seen warez for both XBLA and PSN.
Live gamertag: SKYNET211

Steam gamertag: SkynetT800