PSO Questions & Answers

Sylverant is a homebrew open source server for Phantasy Star Online. Dreamcast users still play PSO online with this server even today! This is the official forum for both the online game server as well as the open source project itself. Feel free to post and get a gathering started online! We can also show you how to get connected!

Moderators: BlueCrab, Aleron Ives

BlueCrab
The Crabby Overlord
The Crabby Overlord
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/

PSO Questions & Answers

Post by BlueCrab »

This topic is designed for quick/easy question and answer type things that you may have regarding PSO. Basically, if its something simple and potentially easy to answer, ask it here. If necessary anything posted in here may be split out into its own topic (basically if a question garners a conversation of more than a few posts).

This topic was put here to kinda put a stop to the endless flood of new topics that only last one or two posts asking a simple question in each. I figured this would be a good way to organize things so as not to flood everything off of the forum when someone has a bunch of questions to ask. :wink:

In order to keep things relatively organized, please change the subject of your post when asking a question (preferably to something related to the question). Post it as a reply here, but with a new subject. So for instance, say you have a question about boomas for some reason, you might give your post a subject of "Booma question" (which you can do if you hit the Post Reply button instead of using the Quick Reply box). Anyone replying to your question should try to make their reply something to the effect of "Re: Booma question", which should be the default if you hit the quote button to start your reply.

So, without further ado, ask away!
Mago Negr0
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: PSO Questions & Answers

Post by Mago Negr0 »

because they never see the administrator bluecrab online in Registered users?
BlueCrab
The Crabby Overlord
The Crabby Overlord

Post by BlueCrab »

Mago Negr0 wrote:because they never see the administrator bluecrab online in Registered users?
I assume you mean on this forum, why do you never see me online? Not really PSO related, but I don't just sit on forums and wait for new posts. :lol:
legit nyck
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

About this section.

Post by legit nyck »

yeah I've also wondered about it must be some option to appear invisible mode as well as the messenger :lol:
here in Brazil there is a proverb that says (to a wise is enough word)
no one here want to start drama
but this topic was created because I believe my posts
so why not move all what I asked for this section?
8-)
PsO Brazilian Hunter RAmar
BlueCrab
The Crabby Overlord
The Crabby Overlord

Re: About this section.

Post by BlueCrab »

legit nyck wrote:yeah I've also wondered about it must be some option to appear invisible mode as well as the messenger :lol:
here in Brazil there is a proverb that says (to a wise is enough word)
no one here want to start drama
but this topic was created because I believe my posts
so why not move all what I asked for this section?
8-)
They would all appear before the opening post in this topic, since they were posted before it.
RyoDC
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by RyoDC »

Crab, is it possible to reverse engineer pso and add some helpful features? for example Direct2D tff fonts (not GDI), and copy-paste to chat (and Home switching to the beginnin' of typed chat line, it extremely disgusts using arrows to switch for the needed character)
How do I try to build a Dreamcast toolchain:
BlueCrab
The Crabby Overlord
The Crabby Overlord

Post by BlueCrab »

RyoDC wrote:Crab, is it possible to reverse engineer pso and add some helpful features? for example Direct2D tff fonts (not GDI), and copy-paste to chat (and Home switching to the beginnin' of typed chat line, it extremely disgusts using arrows to switch for the needed character)
I doubt it. Client modifications are extremely difficult, and not something I'm interested in at all. Basically, without the source code of the game, these things would be rather difficult or practically impossible to do.
legit nyck
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Vega shipp

Post by legit nyck »

hey hey hey where the hell this ship vega??? XD
Last edited by legit nyck on Fri Feb 17, 2012 3:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BlueCrab
The Crabby Overlord
The Crabby Overlord

Post by BlueCrab »

legit nyck wrote:hey hey hey where the hell this ship vega??? XD
They're having trouble with their server machine.

Also, please change the subject of the post when you post a new question. Use the Post reply button and change the Subject field, don't just use the quick reply box...
K_I_R_E_E_K
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Vega

Post by K_I_R_E_E_K »

It was online, but it was unstable and praticly unplayable, dc-talk has several servers so finding a system that can run them all may not be as easy as planned.
I'm sure it will be back soon, you can always use the other 2 ships in the meantime. :D
legit nyck
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

the swords name unknown ????

Post by legit nyck »

BlueCrab wrote:
legit nyck wrote:hey hey hey where the hell this ship vega??? XD
They're having trouble with their server machine.

Also, please change the subject of the post when you post a new question. Use the Post reply button and change the Subject field, don't just use the quick reply box...
ok thanks bluecrab XD
good in one of my posts I asked a question and nobody could answer my question I did not want to post this photo but I see almost bound to do so
there is a sword as there were several of them with this dark aspect
clear that there is a name for these swords since the name of which is??
My question is ...... are these swords in sylverant server??
These swords were only for gms?
thank you if you do not ask me anything about this picture at the time I was in a server gm parallel to the server ()
K_I_R_E_E_K
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Re: the swords name unknown ????

Post by K_I_R_E_E_K »

There is a texture in PSO that is often used to fill certain gaps or atleast to show something to the player.
The image can apear as an item texture and/or as an image at the tekker when you tekk an item.
This image is a black background with cyan hexagons and has "no data" as text in the pso font.
Example: the twin swords model (not twin saber) is in the game, but has no unique animation and there isn't a single texture created by sega at the time that fits the model, so by default the game loads the only texture it can, the no data texture.

By using bankmod, you can make the game create a specific item but then assign that peculiar texture to it, ppl often refer to them as matrix weapons giving the black and cyan colors.

Pretty much all items and mags can be given that texture and everyone can create them, not just GMs.
Keep in mind that in normal gameplay these kind of items do not apear
Last edited by K_I_R_E_E_K on Fri Feb 17, 2012 3:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
legit nyck
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by legit nyck »

K_I_R_E_E_K wrote:There is a texture in PSO that is often used to fill certain gaps or atleast to show something to the player.
The image can apear as an item texture and/or as an image at the tekker when you tekk an item.
This image is a black background with cyan hexagons and has "no data" as text in the pso font.

By using bankmod, you can make the game create a specific item but then assign that peculiar texture to it, ppl often refer to them as matrix weapons giving the black and cyan colors.

Pretty much all items and mags can be given that texture and everyone can create them, not just GMs.
lol that's great XD
it would be possible also to psobb?
K_I_R_E_E_K
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by K_I_R_E_E_K »

To PSO BB?
Good question, i'm not sure if you can load the exact same replicas on pso bb and don't know if they exist at all.
But if you wish something similar, then you can do it i guess, simply grab a "no data" texture file and import it over any weapon/mag/shield texture then use the item ingame, it's just a texture swap.
legit nyck
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by legit nyck »

K_I_R_E_E_K wrote:To PSO BB?
Good question, i'm not sure if you can load the exact same replicas on pso bb and don't know if they exist at all.
But if you wish something similar, then you can do it i guess, simply grab a "no data" texture file and import it over any weapon/mag/shield texture then use the item ingame, it's just a texture swap.
Thanks end of my question about these weapons XD :wink:
Aleron Ives
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by Aleron Ives »

Black weapons can't be equipped without using God of Equip, which makes them useless for any practical purpose. Most weapons can have a black variant if they are created with an invalid subtype value.
"Fear the HUnewearl."
legit nyck
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by legit nyck »

Aleron Ives wrote:Black weapons can't be equipped without using God of Equip, which makes them useless for any practical purpose. Most weapons can have a black variant if they are created with an invalid subtype value.
ok thanks Ives XD
legit nyck
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

psobb an psopc junced lobby the question

Post by legit nyck »

My question is simple when I was with the server psobb I put on a server pso v2 for testing only
and my intention was to make players pso v2 could go in the lobby as well as the server psobb
at the time but I could not because there was no option for this
Of course I put the ip correctly changed the name of the shipp everything right but the junction lobbyes not appeared
an example in server () connects to psov2 you can watch it and to the lobbyes psobb psogc and correct
I realized that not enough to have only two servers on the same vps
IMPORTANT: I have no intention of opening a server for pso pc ie psov2
but if one day be interested bluecrab I feel honored to have my server psobb attached to the lobby with slyverant psov2 XD
:arrow: <Good without further ado someone tell me where I went wrong? thanks to all> :!:
Mago Negr0
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by Mago Negr0 »

I think you would have connected the server with the ip psobb panel comtrole and server for pso v2 with a free additional ip on the same panel comtrole think like a player could do pso / pc go talk to the players of pso / bb
BlueCrab wrote:I assume you mean on this forum, why do you never see me online? Not really PSO related, but I don't just sit on forums and wait for new posts. :lol:
I understood nothing of what I wanted to say sorry :roll:
legit nyck
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by legit nyck »

I think it's not that but thanks for the help