Pso v1 jp won´t transfer my char to jp v2.

Sylverant is a homebrew open source server for Phantasy Star Online. Dreamcast users still play PSO online with this server even today! This is the official forum for both the online game server as well as the open source project itself. Feel free to post and get a gathering started online! We can also show you how to get connected!

Moderators: BlueCrab, Aleron Ives

shadowrod
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Pso v1 jp won´t transfer my char to jp v2.

Post by shadowrod »

I wanted to transfer an old char. of mine from pso v1 jp, to play online with jp v2. However when I try to load my char, it shows me "reload". Doesn´t the pso v1 jp works in tranfering characters? Or is this a problem SNAK related?
Last edited by shadowrod on Wed Feb 01, 2012 11:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Aleron Ives
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Re: Pso v1 jp won´t transfer my char to jp v2.

Post by Aleron Ives »

JPv1 isn't compatible with USv1 or EUv1, but I have no idea how compatible it is with Ver.2. JPv1 seems to be so buggy that it doesn't even write its save files correctly, so the other Ver.1 discs can't read them. It's possible that if JPv2 reads the newer Ver.1 save format from USv1 and EUv1 that transferring a JPv1 character to Ver.2 is impossible, although I find it a little strange that I've never heard about it until now, if that's the case.
"Fear the HUnewearl."
shadowrod
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by shadowrod »

Oh dam...My char. is on lvl 73 on this game...my only one original pso lol. Well at least I still can play it online. What are the bugs noticed when playing it online on sylverant? I noticed also that sylverant patcher freezes this one very often, so I´m gonna try with cb codes.
legit nyck
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by legit nyck »

seeing your post I remembered something like that happened to me long ago
I do not know if it is acceptable by (GMs) but it would be simpler to ask them to recreate your character in the version you are wanting to play?
I never heard anything about char transfer to psov1> psoV2
8-)
PsO Brazilian Hunter RAmar
K_I_R_E_E_K
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by K_I_R_E_E_K »

I wish we could really, best i can do is restore items but exp is the hardest especially because i have no way of giving exp to someone on v2, that is why there are server commands to back up your char on the server, meaning they exist to avoid the painfull situation where you have to lvl up again from scratch.

PSO v1/v2 bugs are often related to targeting bugs, v2 has less bugs, but still has a few (such as casting reverser on enemies), regarding online, i can't remember of any atm, but i'm not saying they don't exist.

As for the problem, i also have no idea why the v2 game is unable to read the v1 save to convert it.
Aleron Ives
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by Aleron Ives »

shadowrod wrote:I noticed also that sylverant patcher freezes this one very often, so I´m gonna try with cb codes.
Do you mean the game freezes when you join a team? If so, that means you need a new Dreamcast.
"Fear the HUnewearl."
shadowrod
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by shadowrod »

Well it can´t be helped,must be a v1 jp fault as Ives pointed to. Thanks for the help anyway.
Or it may be something related to several snaks on dc flash memory. I remember i´ve played a v2 EU in this same dreamcast before...
BlueCrab
The Crabby Overlord
The Crabby Overlord

Post by BlueCrab »

Aleron Ives wrote:
shadowrod wrote:I noticed also that sylverant patcher freezes this one very often, so I´m gonna try with cb codes.
Do you mean the game freezes when you join a team? If so, that means you need a new Dreamcast.
You may be able to get away with a good cleaning of the laser lens. If not, then you may well need a new Dreamcast, as the disc drive may be dying.

If you want to try to clean the lens, you'll need some high-purity (91% or higher) Isopropyl Alcohol and a Q-tip. Pour a little bit of the alcohol in the cap of the bottle and dip one end of the Q-tip in it. Use that to clean off the lens (using a circular motion). Before the alcohol dries, use the other end of the Q-tip (assuming it has two cotton ends, of course... otherwise use a new one) and remove as much of the alcohol as possible from the lens so that it doesn't dry on the lens and leave a film behind. Make sure not to use too much alcohol, as you don't want it to drip off the lens and risk damaging other parts inside the drive.
shadowrod
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by shadowrod »

Aleron Ives wrote:

Sorry ives my mistake ,i meant that my dreamcast resets very often , not freezes, when i use the patcher. However it does not happen playing offline for hours without the patcher or any other game. I must conclude that it´s something related with the patcher and the buggy pso v1. In fact,this one is the only one gd game i have that needs utopia disc. I thought dreamcast was region free (mine is PAL). Does this info proceeds?
BlueCrab
The Crabby Overlord
The Crabby Overlord

Post by BlueCrab »

Unless your copy of JPv1 is different than mine, there shouldn't be any reason for the patcher to negatively affect it at all. The patcher does exactly two things with JPv1: patches the server address to sylverant.net and patches out the HL check. In theory, if you were using the two codes that did just that it would act just the same while using a CB.

I wouldn't expect using a CB to patch it would make it act any differently than the patcher disc. If things are resetting using the patcher, I'd fully expect it to also happen when using CB, especially PSOv1.

As Ives noted, Japanese PSOv1 is a lot more buggy than the other versions of PSO. I've had it destroy the character data of at least two characters (one was on PSOv1, one was a PSOv2 (EU) character)... :|
shadowrod
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by shadowrod »

BlueCrab wrote:Unless your copy of JPv1 is different than mine, there shouldn't be any reason for the patcher to negatively affect it at all. The patcher does exactly two things with JPv1: patches the server address to sylverant.net and patches out the HL check. In theory, if you were using the two codes that did just that it would act just the same while using a CB.

I wouldn't expect using a CB to patch it would make it act any differently than the patcher disc. If things are resetting using the patcher, I'd fully expect it to also happen when using CB, especially PSOv1.

As Ives noted, Japanese PSOv1 is a lot more buggy than the other versions of PSO. I've had it destroy the character data of at least two characters (one was on PSOv1, one was a PSOv2 (EU) character)... :|
I believe you´re right Blue...I did not test with cb yet but don´t see a reason why its shoudn´t do the same once you explained what the patcher really does in this game.I believe now it has something to do with those hooks on dc power supply that happen to twist when dreamcast overheats. However I´m at loss why it does not happen with standard burned discs .I´ll open my dc case and check it carefully then.
Aleron Ives
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by Aleron Ives »

shadowrod wrote:In fact,this one is the only one gd game i have that needs utopia disc.
If you're using Utopia to boot PSO, that's your problem. Utopia isn't compatible with any PSO disc; it causes many random bugs, including being able to walk inside the guild pillar, being unable to target enemies with Rafoie, and randomly crashing the game entirely. It doesn't boot the game properly, which likely interferes with some of PSO's security features.
"Fear the HUnewearl."
shadowrod
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by shadowrod »

Aleron Ives wrote:
shadowrod wrote:In fact,this one is the only one gd game i have that needs utopia disc.
If you're using Utopia to boot PSO, that's your problem. Utopia isn't compatible with any PSO disc; it causes many random bugs, including being able to walk inside the guild pillar, being unable to target enemies with Rafoie, and randomly crashing the game entirely. It doesn't boot the game properly, which likely interferes with some of PSO's security features.
.What should I use instead? My pal dc don´t recognizes it unless I use it.perhaps Cb? In other hand sylverant patcher also works as a boot...and resets. I believe that for what I have been reading about those overaheating problems over the internet it must be the cause.Anyway thank you very much for all assistance provided.
Last edited by shadowrod on Wed Feb 01, 2012 4:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Aleron Ives
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by Aleron Ives »

You can boot PSO with CB or BlueCrab's loader, regardless of whether you're going to play online or not. Both of them let you bypass the region lockout.
"Fear the HUnewearl."