Isn't it amazing this forum/community is still here

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
Calavera
DCEmu Classic User
DCEmu Classic User
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0

Isn't it amazing this forum/community is still here

Post by Calavera »

I just realized that this August 3rd I will have been registered here for ten years. That is just insane! I was only 14 when I first signed up here. So that means that I have damn near been posting here for half of my life! I'm not nearly as active here as I used to be, I mostly post at blueguerilla now, but it is all the same people from here. So basically I thought this would be a good thread for people to reminisce. I found this website like most people looking for a Dreamcast emulator for the PC. When I first found this website I didn't even understand what it was. I thought it was just emulators for the PC, I was like I don't get it why is it called Dcemulation when it just has SNES and NES emulators. Then it finally hit me, this is NES emulator for the Dreamcast! I was blown away, I thought it was so awesome to be able to play NES on the Dreamcast on my TV. I loved it, I freaking loved it! I even remember the kind of CD-R I had when I burnt my first Dreamcast emulator, black bottom Memorex CD-Rs I actually still have some of them in a box out in my garage, back then I would use two discs for the emulator, the emulator itself and a rom disc lol. So what are some of you Dcemulation memories?
Juan
DCEmu Commie
DCEmu Commie

Re: Isn't it amazing this forum/community is still here

Post by Juan »

I wanted to download SNES roms to my VMU and planetweb's browser somehow led me here. After a couple of years of lurking I registered.
cube_b3
Ex-Newsposter
Ex-Newsposter

Post by cube_b3 »

I think a lot of us were between 12 - 15 when we started off.
Jeeba Jabba
Jeeba Jabba
Been thanked: 0

Post by Jeeba Jabba »

I joined on the old uBB boards at the age of 14 in May of 2001. Eric (darc) was the one who sought the secrets of the Dreamcast. I just tagged along and trolled Off-Topic and Null.
"He who cannot draw on 3,000 years is living hand-to-mouth." -Goethe
DanteJay
DCEmu Cool Poster
DCEmu Cool Poster

Post by DanteJay »

I came here cause Hawke made me. Mostly because of the DCRPG game he was working on. The first couple of years, I just lurked at many of the conversations that he, BlueCrab and Mr. Siggler would have, but then he got me to join in the sound department and I registered.
BlueCrab
The Crabby Overlord
The Crabby Overlord

Post by BlueCrab »

I registered to vote in the poll about the contest that was being run around the time when I registered. Kinda a silly reason for me to have registered, but whatever.

I'm still here because, well, I still do Dreamcast-related things after all this time. Plus, its a nice cozy place at this point with all manner of people that I'd consider to be friends. As long as it stays that way, I don't feel the need to leave.
Calavera
DCEmu Classic User
DCEmu Classic User

Post by Calavera »

I actually lurked here for awhile before I registered too. The reason I finally registered was to ask about the possibility of playing Sega Genesis roms from a Sega CD. I thought it was a great idea at the time lol. I figured the Genesis is hooked up to it so there is no hardware to emulate!
pixel
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by pixel »

For the record, I registered at Consolevision first. I saw the EGM article, had my mind blown by NesterDC and registered to post the ugly themes I had made. That was ten years ago this May. I remember that I couldn't log in properly because I had set my theme to some goofy black B.S., and Zoidberg helped me out.

EDIT: Speaking of themes, I want the Comic Book theme back KTHX.
Prophet][
DCEmu Mega Fan
DCEmu Mega Fan

Post by Prophet][ »

This post makes me feel old
mrandyk
DCEmu Mega Poster
DCEmu Mega Poster

Post by mrandyk »

DreamSNES got me here...not sure what else to say except I can't believe how many years it's been.
bloodite
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by bloodite »

I came here to learn how to burn and use the titanium quake port, largely out of a thought to using it for a port of Transfusion, that of course ultimately never worked. I've been coming to this site on a daily basis since registering, usually out of sheer boredom. I almost never log in though.

I still enjoy reading the quakedev, off topic forums and of course the non events in null.
Specially Cork

Post by Specially Cork »

Read an article in a British unofficial Dreamcast magazine about DreamSNES that linked to boob.co.uk

At the time, emulation on the Dreamcast was pretty new and Boob only seemed to have complex tutorials for Linux or something (maybe I wasn't looking in the right place).

I hit Google and ended up here, but think I joined IRC first. I didn't join the forum until I took an interest in Quake and DoomDC.
RyoDC
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by RyoDC »

I've registered beacuse I've interested (and still have) in dreamcast programming, especially KOS, and I'm glad that I've met interested people there.
How do I try to build a Dreamcast toolchain:
Code-Red
DCEmu Ex-Admin
DCEmu Ex-Admin

Post by Code-Red »

Joined in the summer of 2000 after reading about Titanium Studio's Quake port.

Only stuff worth remembering were the things that happened before 95% of the people were here.
DanteJay
DCEmu Cool Poster
DCEmu Cool Poster

Post by DanteJay »

Code-Red wrote:Joined in the summer of 2000 after reading about Titanium Studio's Quake port.

Only stuff worth remembering were the things that happened before 95% of the people were here.
Did you have another account? Because under your avatar it says you joined Nov 2001.
Prophet][
DCEmu Mega Fan
DCEmu Mega Fan

Post by Prophet][ »

DanteJay wrote:
Code-Red wrote:Joined in the summer of 2000 after reading about Titanium Studio's Quake port.

Did you have another account? Because under your avatar it says you joined Nov 2001.
This board was only created end of 2001, there was a different one before that where people had accounts but had to create new ones. This is why you will never see anyone with a join date before 2001 on this board but people talk about joining before then.
pixel
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by pixel »

Prophet][ wrote:
DanteJay wrote:

This board was only created end of 2001, there was a different one before that where people had accounts but had to create new ones. This is why you will never see anyone with a join date before 2001 on this board but people talk about joining before then.
I used to be have always been jealous of those who joined in the UBB days. My only hope is that my quality of posting has increased over the years.
Jeeba Jabba
Jeeba Jabba

Post by Jeeba Jabba »

Prophet][ wrote:
DanteJay wrote:

The shift from UBB to phpBB happened on October 17th, 2001. All of the accounts were transferred, but posts and post counts lost. That's why 90% of our users all joined on the same day.

Except for me. I'm special.
"He who cannot draw on 3,000 years is living hand-to-mouth." -Goethe
|darc|
DCEmu Webmaster
DCEmu Webmaster

Post by |darc| »

i miss the UBB days.

In some ways, it feels like yesterday... in other ways, it feels like such an eternity ago that it was another life.
It's thinking...
Code-Red
DCEmu Ex-Admin
DCEmu Ex-Admin

Post by Code-Red »

|darc| wrote:i miss the UBB days.

In some ways, it feels like yesterday... in other ways, it feels like such an eternity ago that it was another life.
It's probably better that neither you or I ever got a copy of the database... I'm sure a brief view of the quality of posts would induce a legendary facepalm.

Pretty much everyone on that board was 12-16. Good times though.
DanteJay wrote:Did you have another account? Because under your avatar it says you joined Nov 2001.
As explained, it was a different board. I was one of about four admins of uBB for a half year or so, until DCEmu had a civil war and this board was created shortly after.
Jeeba Jabba wrote: Except for me. I'm special.
I'm sure if I gave darc a blowjob, I'd get my join date altered too!