My suggestion psoV2 renewed

Sylverant is a homebrew open source server for Phantasy Star Online. Dreamcast users still play PSO online with this server even today! This is the official forum for both the online game server as well as the open source project itself. Feel free to post and get a gathering started online! We can also show you how to get connected!

Moderators: BlueCrab, Aleron Ives

legit nyck
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/

My suggestion psoV2 renewed

Post by legit nyck »

My idea would be to change the lobby stage and many other things within the pso
know and agree that everything that is original is very good
but I believe both pso v2 as BB would have to be renewed
I saw the site where you have many textures for pso bb v2 and a new world of possibilities
view photos from the psoV2 from gm kireek it is futuristic and certainly pleased many players
perhaps a change in just one ship would be a good test to see if the psov2 with a new look like to other players
well my idea is that a radical change in appearance of psov2
PsO Brazilian Hunter RAmar
Girl Z
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: My suggestion psoV2 renewed

Post by Girl Z »

I think its a good idea until I also like new things and in my opinion is spent in the museum the topic on TTF + + you accidentally caused a fight between the leaders of the group sylverant'd better stop their idea at least for now
legit nyck
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by legit nyck »

Hey wait a minute girl was not my intention to cause anyone else to discuss, I just did the quest because I liked the topic and wanted to know more about it
and I'm not bothering anybody yet who know me know I'm curious and everything that relates to interest me pso :evil:
K_I_R_E_E_K
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by K_I_R_E_E_K »

There was no fight, i'm no leader

As for skins, i have made quite a few for v2 and i usually store them here:
http://www.univers-ps.com/psobb/skin/listeSkin.php5
If you have sugestions of ports or an idea for an area, i may be able to take it.
legit nyck
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by legit nyck »

I am seeing very good but I congratulate a problem while downloading the firefox says can not download the file for not having a source file
RRROOAARRRRR
and even where I saw the skins are only for the person to see , other users will see only a normal char
thanks anyway
Girl Z
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie
Been thanked: 0

Post by Girl Z »

K_I_R_E_E_K wrote:There was no fight, i'm no leader

As for skins, i have made quite a few for v2 and i usually store them here:
http://www.univers-ps.com/psobb/skin/listeSkin.php5
If you have sugestions of ports or an idea for an area, i may be able to take it.
far as I know if you are above a normal player(GM) is considered a group leader! or am I wrong?
BlueCrab
The Crabby Overlord
The Crabby Overlord

Post by BlueCrab »

As the topic on GMs says, K_I_R_E_E_K is only a local GM on the Vega ship. That is why he says that he is not a "leader".

The real "leader" of the Sylverant project would be me, as I've written all the code and have the ultimate say about anything on Sylverant in the end (not that I generally feel much need to interfere with things in the ships). The other global GMs (Aleron Ives included) would be sorta like my deputies, I guess. They do tend to do more "leading" than I do, simply because of lack of time on my part.

Anyway, back on topic... I don't ever want to push any skins or anything else for the game. Anyone who wants to use them can feel free, but I prefer (as do many other people) to keep things as I remember them from back in the day. Plus, if I'm actually playing PSO, I generally play on the Dreamcast, where skins are pretty much impossible without resorting to things that border on piracy (and potentially cause various other problems in-game). The only things that I would ever want to push on people are bugfixes and other things of that sort, hence the graphics fix patch and the patched exe on the patch server.
K_I_R_E_E_K
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by K_I_R_E_E_K »

Even if i was global, i wouldn't consider myself as a leader.

graphics fix patch?
To avoid beeing wrong, what is this exactly?

@legitnick
I believe the objective is for everyone to feel confortable with what they see, some ppl have a good vision, but lack the resources or skills, so they request skins.
My skins are merely the representation of what i like to see.

I once had a problem on pso eden (pso bb) where a file i had that placed aquariums in lobby 1 was always getting replaced in the patch server, by the time i entered the lobby those anoying trees where there instead, before this got fixed the only solution i found (since i spend quite some time in the lobby on bb) was to insert the file after the patch server so even if there was some patch to make a certain skin visible to everyone, i would replace it instantly if i didn't like it.

I assume the graphics patch fixes something regarding transparency problems, but if am right, then the only thing usefull would be the ice transparency and ice ground on sil dragon, everything else is what i call a "skin", a custom modification that doesn't fix anything (no offense to the creator), it merely displays the bug in a different way, i have already tried making a better version of it, but the main problem remained and i hated those cropped borders on the textures, especially when this bug affects 1 million textures, while some changes in pionner are nice, the big picture is what matters.
This is why that even if i get that patched on my game (wich would remove my realistic ice and the high res port of pionner 2) i would instantly revert it back to the things i like.
It doesn't matter if they are good or bad skins or if it's a good patch or not, in the end, i'll patch and apply the skins i want.
This is my opinion and i'm sure more think the same way, otherwise making skins public would serve no purpose.

Some PSO BB server use the patch server for litle updates but when it comes to a skin, they never force ppl into downloading one.
They instead use a different strategy, i was asked to create the title screen for Ultima server so that it would be included in the installer, meaning by default they get a custom skin and can change it if they don't like it.