Towards The Future++

Sylverant is a homebrew open source server for Phantasy Star Online. Dreamcast users still play PSO online with this server even today! This is the official forum for both the online game server as well as the open source project itself. Feel free to post and get a gathering started online! We can also show you how to get connected!

Moderators: BlueCrab, Aleron Ives

legit nyck
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/

Towards The Future++

Post by legit nyck »

do not know how to start but I have to congratulate the creator of the quest. was really cool was exactly what was missing to encourage players including me! maximum score for this new quest.
(very good the future is now sylverant server) XD
PsO Brazilian Hunter RAmar
Mago Negr0
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Towards The Future++

Post by Mago Negr0 »

perfect many monsters and many surprises congratulations to the creators of the quest :wink:
FaithY
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by FaithY »

legit.nyck wrote:do not know how to start but I have to congratulate the creator of the quest. was really cool was exactly what was missing to encourage players including me! maximum score for this new quest.
(very good the future is now sylverant server) XD
I agree. Love this quest! Congratulations and thank you to the author.
:mrgreen:
Girl Z
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by Girl Z »

I saw the new ttf congratulations to all involved in this creation
K_I_R_E_E_K
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by K_I_R_E_E_K »

Maybe i should advice players now, just in case.
I'm trying (with the other GMs and the admin) to make the rules that will be aplied on the server, obviously different ships will have different rules, but my point is, lvl ups are not reversible, if you do not play legit, you can always bank the items, revert to original files/patches and turn trainers off, but in the case of exp, to much of it and your char will not be allowed in legit games.

Obviously, if you gained 1 or 2 level ups it's no big deal, if all you do is play that quest and reach lvl 100 when the normal would be lvl 60 then you are stuck forever to play in normal games on vega.

This also aplies to other non legit ways of leveling up, such as killing all enemies in 1 hit, you may turn the hacks off but a legit marked game does not alow you to enter, you can do it at your own risk, if someone complains, you're screwed.

Neoblast is the creator, quest is not finished and has some bugs, but for general gameplay it is ok.
Girl Z
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by Girl Z »

is saying that the new quest is available only to ship vega? and on the boards really do not see nor saw a hacker in the game do not understand your answer in short
K_I_R_E_E_K
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by K_I_R_E_E_K »

TTF ++ has more enemies and bosses, it's a custom quest and like many wich reward you with something, that one rewards you with exp, a lot of it, you can't simply drop exp, your stuck with the exp you gain there.
If you abuse and use the quest for leveling up to much, you can't do or join a legit game.

Keep in mind that everyone has to respect other players play styles and that you can't simply enter a legit game without knowing if you are alowed or not.

I believe i explained it perfectly.
legit nyck
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by legit nyck »

responding to one of the questions but is available only for the ship VEGA but in my opinion should be for all other ships
Here is a picture of where the quest is located
I would like to post some pictures showing the bosses but my strength is not enough :cry:
Girl Z
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by Girl Z »

if possible some of the high-level players to post pictures here or :wink: the gallery of photos I'm dying to see (thanks and kisses)
K_I_R_E_E_K
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by K_I_R_E_E_K »

I had a picture with the 2 dragons, but i'll do the quest again and take a few screens with my test char, should be quick

The quest has been avaiable on dreamcast-talk servers for quite some time, but back then it was only 1 ship and remained that way with sylverant software, then they decided to integrate that ship here and they kept this mainly because it never was pondered, if the other ship owners wanted the quest, they would have asked by now.
Spoiler!
legit nyck
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by legit nyck »

really cool the only problem is that char named Lee (joke)
thank you kireek
BlueCrab
The Crabby Overlord
The Crabby Overlord

Post by BlueCrab »

At this time, the various bugs and other such issues make it so that Iselia will not have this quest. Even if they were fixed, I'm not sure that I would ever put it on Iselia to start with. I don't particularly like quests that are only designed to give people cheap ways to get level ups (hell, I don't really like the official TTF all that much for that reason).

Quests that are easily abused don't amuse me, and that's pretty much the way I feel about it. No disrespect meant to anyone, of course.
Aleron Ives
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by Aleron Ives »

I always find it amusing the way people ask to play Towards the Future so they can level quickly, when it's one of the worst ways to level up in the game. Bosses give terrible EXP on Ver.2 and take way too long to kill for what little EXP they give, so you can actually level much faster by spamming something like Endless Nightmare 2 if you want to level quickly.

As for TTF++, the quest exceeds PSO's limitations in several respects. Having multiple bosses at once will often crash the game (especially if you're the blue gem, you'll FSOD during a double boss fight), and the two dozen Canadines or so in Mine 2 will also crash PC now and then when they spawn. If you play the quest on GC, you also can't target De Rol Le, unless Neoblast fixed that. I've also heard that if you go to the bonus Spaceship area you get stuck and can't do anything, but I've never gotten past the crash in Mine 2 to find out. :lol:
"Fear the HUnewearl."
K_I_R_E_E_K
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by K_I_R_E_E_K »

Yes, he have heard you the 1st time you mentioned the bugs, so i'm going to say again, only the creator can do anything and the multiple bosses only exist in forest, neoblast knew multiple bosses in other areas would cause problems and that's why there is only 1 boss.

Next time, i'll say the exact same thing (because i'm sure you'll say it again and again, ....and again)

The spaceship areas are emtpy, but we can take your quests for example, wich in many cases enemies can't be targeted and in small rooms it's a hell trying to do any damage to them, the little target areas become even smaller when you place buldozer size enemies in them.
Not to mention you once made a quest where you could kill every enemy, destroy every box and kill all bosses, twice.
So when it comes to bugs, my recomendation is to fix the ones that exist in your quests 1st.

I never got far in them either, without beeing able to target or move in certain rooms, i left the game as there was no other possibility.
Probably i didn't try hard enough right? same way you didn't try hard enough to clear the canabin room.
BlueCrab
The Crabby Overlord
The Crabby Overlord

Post by BlueCrab »

Ok... Please don't start this crap again... :?

K_I_R_E_E_K, the way I look at Ives' post, its basically just explaining the issues that I mentioned above. Its relevant to the topic at hand, and doesn't need the snarky response that you gave. Also, if you know of any real bugs in Ives' quests, tell him specifically what is not working, and I'm sure he'll try to fix them. He's always been very receptive to bug reports on his quests, and I know he puts a lot of work into them. Report the bugs the right way (i.e, send him a message or make a post on the forum for the report), and work to get them fixed. Being snarky and nondescript in your report doesn't tend to work.
K_I_R_E_E_K
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by K_I_R_E_E_K »

Maybe i didn't express myself correcty, but i was just explaining the issues with his quests, i apologise if i was "snarky"

He also did the exact same thing here regarding TTF ++ (i mean, it's on topic), so instead of telling the bugs that have been posted here and possibly at the official topic at dc-talk, he could tell neoblast the bugs as i am sure neoblast is very receptive regarding the bugs that exist in his quest.

Many of the custom quests have bugs, i just find strange they always talk about the bugs that exist in the quests other ppl made. (especially the ones that have been fixed)
For someone that makes some effort seeking out the bugs in quests, he missed some obvious ones in his own quests, i just pointed the bugs out in case he never saw them.

<insert smilie here> (because bugs are funny right)

I know it's on topic, but the bugs are not funny and i don't see a reason to mock when the exact same thing happens in his creations, you don't see me smiling do you.
Moving on, like stated on the official quest topic on dc-talk, the quest is not finished, has room for improvements, needs the canabin room fixed (it's completely ok to do it on the dreamcast, it's on pc that causes problems if you kill to many at the same time) and the quest has already been removed for GC players some time ago, so GC players are free from problems because they can't even enter the quest.

This last part was "fixed" because i comunicated the problem to impulse and he removed the quest for GC players.
BlueCrab
The Crabby Overlord
The Crabby Overlord

Post by BlueCrab »

He pointed out exact areas that need to be fixed. Your post was very general and didn't really point anything out. That's where the two differ. Note how he was very specific about the problem with multiple bosses (i.e, the BLUE player will FSOD), and was specific about the room where there was a bug. His response wasn't snarky. Yours was. He wasn't mocking anyone, at least not in my mind.

That said, I know this is going nowhere, so...

TOPIC LOCKED