gms in pso/pc sylverant

Sylverant is a homebrew open source server for Phantasy Star Online. Dreamcast users still play PSO online with this server even today! This is the official forum for both the online game server as well as the open source project itself. Feel free to post and get a gathering started online! We can also show you how to get connected!

Moderators: BlueCrab, Aleron Ives

legit nyck
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/

gms in pso/pc sylverant

Post by legit nyck »

two questions
gms who are on the server?
is free to use trainers on the server?
This is my last question because I saw a room with the way / hack is enabled or red name
PsO Brazilian Hunter RAmar
legit nyck
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Re: gms in pso/pc sylverant

Post by legit nyck »

another question is there a link where you can download pso / pc already have the tools to play online here in sylverant?
I believe that simplifying the way we play here it gets easier not everyone likes to download a game after searching for the patch
legit nyck
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by legit nyck »

another question is my ex girlfriend made ​​for me here in a server account for about a year and a half ago but I lost all contact with her but I know the email just what I want to ask is this is to delete the account what she did to me in the past so that I can use the name that always used in pso without this.
K_I_R_E_E_K
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu
Has thanked: 0

Post by K_I_R_E_E_K »

I can't remeber all of them, hopefully i'll be right, i have GM powers only on Vega and then there are the global GMs wich have powers on all ships, namely ives, Bluecrab, Impulse, Dr.pariolo and one more i can't remember (can't find the message with that info atm, but i believe it's another dc-talk member)

You are free to play the way you want, but, you'll have to respect other players, even in normal games bluecrab recomends prudence and in my view i can't do anything if anyone decides to use trainers in a normal game, such games all players are alowed and i can't simply punish the player.
In legit games, things change and no trainers are alowed

If you use trainers, patches or certain mods then they may be able to be used in legit games in altimira and altimira only, so make sure you're using an alowed mod in the correct ship before doing anything.
For the full list from A-Z you need to ask ives, i have no idea what's alowed there.
On the 2 remaining ships (iselia and vega) legit games are exactly that and no trainers are alowed.

There is no tag for hack alowed games, you can always choose to create your own or join a normal game.

To play here you require the game, to change the ip to connect (use ip patch) and you need a registered account wich can be made on the main website.

As for all account related issues, Bluecrab is the only one that can try and solve that problem.
I'm not sure what is the problem because i was unable to understand.

Btw, try to edit posts instead of making new ones :wink:
BlueCrab
The Crabby Overlord
The Crabby Overlord

Post by BlueCrab »

The shiny, new, official list of GMs is now up here: viewtopic.php?f=75&t=101650

With regard to Altimira, pretty much the only modifications of the game that are allowed in legit mode are the Enhancement Pack and (possibly) the resist mod. Both of these are or were on the PSO Palace website. Note that using the enhancement pack does not necessarily remove any reason why someone may be "legit" elsewhere on Sylverant. Its entirely possible to use it and still be "legit" by my standards (which are, after all, the most important ones on Sylverant :wink: ).

No "trainers" of any type are allowed anywhere on Sylverant in legit mode. That includes things like mods that make it so you don't drop your weapon when you die or bank mods. These are absolutely not legitimate, and are not allowed anywhere in a legit mode game.

I strongly recommend that no trainers be used at all, regardless of whether you're playing in legit mode or normal mode. While I will not force the issue, I do not like these types of things. Giving one person an unfair advantage is wrong, especially when you don't tell everyone else that you're using such a thing. If you are using any sort of trainer, please use common sense with it. Also, please tell the people you are playing with that you are using it.

Finally, if/when there is ever more useful support for Blue Burst, there are absolutely no trainers allowed for Blue Burst. Anyone in violation of that rule will be banned from the entire server, across all versions of the game if needed.
legit nyck
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by legit nyck »

thanks all
Aleron Ives
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by Aleron Ives »

I offer deathrabbit's trainer to disable your weapon from dropping on my site, and while you can use it in legit teams on Altimira (since it prevents game bugs from deleting your weapon and doesn't give you an unfair advantage), you need to disable it in Battle and Challenge modes, since it would give you an unfair advantage there.
"Fear the HUnewearl."
legit nyck
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by legit nyck »

good first say that I am happy to have helped in some way in the construction of the topic list gm indirectly course,
and say that I spent the night thinking I was misunderstood
I also do not support any kind of hacker or game unfair
and ends here with another question
why not create a form of donations to the server whenever it would help keep the server
BlueCrab
The Crabby Overlord
The Crabby Overlord

Post by BlueCrab »

I've never felt right taking donations for any of my projects, and Sylverant is no different. Sylverant is something I work on for fun. Unless I were to absolutely need to take donations to run the hosting for the server, I feel that if I were to take donations it would be more like work to me, and that would change the dynamic entirely.

I've been extremely lucky with regards to the hosting of the server, and as long as the situation with my current host does not change, I do not believe there will be a reason to take donations any time soon. Simply knowing that people enjoy the work that I've put into Sylverant is enough for me to continue working on it at this point in time. :)
FaithY
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by FaithY »

" Note that using the enhancement pack does not necessarily remove any reason why someone may be "legit" elsewhere on Sylverant. Its entirely possible to use it and still be "legit" by my standards (which are, after all, the most important ones on Sylverant."

This is good to know. There have been a couple users (won't name names here) who have been adamant in harassing me for playing the game with EP users. (I dont even personally use the EP, just have played the game with EP users). Such players would call my character illegit, saying that they could no longer play the game with my character... Being bullied in this manner has been a drag. It's good to know that they were just flat out wrong and the bullying was unwarranted.

/ignore <playername> will now be employed ;)
:mrgreen:
K_I_R_E_E_K
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by K_I_R_E_E_K »

I don't mind, like i once said, i don't consider it to be the propagation of error, where 1 individual affects the gameplay of others, wich afterwards affect the gameplay of other users and so on.
To me you're fine, we have played together and despite knowing most users play with others that use mods, i still enjoy playing with you.....as long you don't use the stuff found in those games when you're playing with me then your fine really.
legit nyck
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by legit nyck »

since we say here in a debate,
why not change the color of the name of the gms site here and also in the game?
I think it would be cool to see gms with different names colour of others in the lobby,
so far only seen mine with the color white on the server name
just to warn you if kireek had not told me you were a GM I would never know because his name is identical to the others both in game or on the site.
I thank the good attention and I hope that this idea about the different color names can be used in any way.
:grin:
K_I_R_E_E_K
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by K_I_R_E_E_K »

Well, i can anounce using the /bcast command since it's only avaiable to gms, that is nice in case someone needs proof.

As for name color, i can switch it's true, but me, bluecrab and possibly other gms have agreed that name color isn't alowed in legit games, mainly because the trainers that cause it, often have other tools.
So having a different color has 2 problems:
- we will be prevented from playing in legit games (we can enter, but we will be breaking the rules we set before)
- Anyone will be capable of passing as a GM just by using a different name color, least we want is false entities in the ships.

So any GM commands will let you know a certain user is a GM, because either you can use them or you can't, if a Player is unable to anounce his entitty in the ship with /bcast then he is no GM
legit nyck
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by legit nyck »

thanks for clarifying my doubts
BlueCrab
The Crabby Overlord
The Crabby Overlord

Post by BlueCrab »

Perhaps I'll change the /arrow command to reserve one color for GMs and make sure nobody tries to send the packet (with a trainer, of course) to claim that color... I think they may have done that at one point on schtserv? But yeah, if they can't use /bcast, they're certainly not a GM. If they can't use /gbc, they're not a Global GM (not that most people would be able to tell the difference between those two commands). If they can't use /restart, they're not a Local or Global Root user (not that you'd want them using that to prove that point, but you get the idea). :lol:

Also, I can't really change the color of GMs names here, as the forum here is more than just this part. While I am an administrator here, its a bit more work to change the color of someone's name than I'd like. :wink:
K_I_R_E_E_K
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by K_I_R_E_E_K »

I think they may have done that at one point on schtserv?
yes, not sure how many arrow colors but some were reserved.

That would work only in lobby right? because in pionner i think you can't use an arrow. (not sure)
BlueCrab
The Crabby Overlord
The Crabby Overlord

Post by BlueCrab »

K_I_R_E_E_K wrote:
I think they may have done that at one point on schtserv?
yes, not sure how many arrow colors but some were reserved.

That would work only in lobby right? because in pionner i think you can't use an arrow. (not sure)
The server doesn't allow you to use /arrow in a game, but I can't remember for sure whether you can use it or not (I do remember trying it at some point, just don't remember what came of it).
legit nyck
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by legit nyck »

understood thanks. ^^
the chairs and the command used by all
in psobb as you know is used all the correct keys, and pso v2 I believe that only the arrows F1, F2 and so on
a friend of mine told me that can change an existing command, the F9 example would be modified and that the character would see sitting in the lobby as well as in pso v2
but as far as I know he told me he would pass me this file and would like me to send to someone who really appreciate his idea
well I'm waiting for your answers and also to ask them these files modified by him
:o
K_I_R_E_E_K
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by K_I_R_E_E_K »

From what i understand your friend switched one of the animations so that v2 players sit.
Some things i don't know
- if the char stays in that position forever
- If the char can stand up normally by using other animations
- If other players can see it
- If there is a chair at all
legit nyck
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by legit nyck »

ok I'll ask him some photos and other explanations