Post everytime that you buy a new game...

General purpose discussion about gaming and emulation.
DaMadFiddler
Team Screamcast
Team Screamcast
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Post everytime that you buy a new game...

Post by DaMadFiddler »

Rogue Squadron (N64)
Luriden
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Luriden »

melancholy wrote:
Luriden wrote:
BoneyCork wrote:I'm not going to pretend I don't have Arkham City because I do and it's amazing.

Also got Dark Souls, but I'm not going to play it now, or before Skyrim, Saints Row or Zelda so it'll be collecting dust until next year sometime most likely.
Why not wait until next year when the price drops and when you're ready to play it before purchasing it?
I assume he probably got the free limited edition upgrade before it became super rare.
I see. I saw the free upgrade and considered it myself. I need to get better at Demon's Souls first though. That game makes me question my gaming skills like no other. I think I finished the first quest possibly (barely).
Specially Cork

Post by Specially Cork »

Got done with Batman's main story sooner than I thought. Maybe because it's kinda short, maybe because it's awesome. Still only 38% complete though...there's New Game + also. Those are things to come back to another day though. Will move onto Dark Souls now.
Luriden
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Luriden »

Ratchet & Clank: Tools of Destruction (PS3)

Never played a R&C game, I wanted to start off with the originals but whatever.
Thomas
Thomas

Post by Thomas »

BlueCrab wrote:Atelier Totori - PS3

Just what I needed, another game that I probably won't have the time to play any time soon. Oh well.
I got this release day, it's still sitting in the mailer from amazon. I need to stop buying games, since I've not turned on a system in weeks.
BlueCrab
The Crabby Overlord
The Crabby Overlord

Post by BlueCrab »

Thomas wrote:

Just what I needed, another game that I probably won't have the time to play any time soon. Oh well.
I got this release day, it's still sitting in the mailer from amazon. I need to stop buying games, since I've not turned on a system in weeks.
I'm in much the same boat. I keep buying games that I have no time to play. I don't think I've sat down to actually actively play a game since I beat Ar tonelico 3 a few months back...
Thomas
Thomas

Post by Thomas »

BlueCrab wrote:
Thomas wrote:

I'm in much the same boat. I keep buying games that I have no time to play. I don't think I've sat down to actually actively play a game since I beat Ar tonelico 3 a few months back...
Weird, that is also the last game I beat back in like March or something.
Luriden
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Luriden »

Katamari Forever (PS3)
Ratchet & Clank: A Crack in Time (PS3)

Hooray for buying games well past their prime.
DanteJay
DCEmu Cool Poster
DCEmu Cool Poster

Post by DanteJay »

Lunar: The Silver Star (Sega CD)

Been wanting to play this game since it originally came out. XD
DaMadFiddler
Team Screamcast
Team Screamcast

Post by DaMadFiddler »

DanteJay wrote:Lunar: The Silver Star (Sega CD)

I've been curious about the Lunar games, but they're always on the pricy side. Weren't they remade for Saturn? Any word on whether the Saturn or Sega CD versions are preferred--or if indeed there is any notable difference?
DanteJay
DCEmu Cool Poster
DCEmu Cool Poster

Post by DanteJay »

DaMadFiddler wrote:

I've been curious about the Lunar games, but they're always on the pricy side. Weren't they remade for Saturn? Any word on whether the Saturn or Sega CD versions are preferred--or if indeed there is any notable difference?
From what I read on the net, there seems to be quite a bit of mixed feelings on the matter. The Sega CD version is best for those wanting to experience the original. The Saturn and PS1 versions had quite a few changes, such as an entirely new soundtrack (Saturn version being superior because it had much better sound quality then the PS1 version, but was only released in Japan). The GBA Lunar is like a more basic version of the PS1/Sat ones. And then there's the PSP version, which has superior graphics and exclusive content, but lacking the free roam world map.

I believe most people who don't prefer the Sega CD version tend to prefer the PS1/Sat versions. Some people also think the story of the PS1/Sat versions makes more sense due to the changes or "enhancements" made.
BlueCrab
The Crabby Overlord
The Crabby Overlord

Post by BlueCrab »

DanteJay wrote:
DaMadFiddler wrote:

From what I read on the net, there seems to be quite a bit of mixed feelings on the matter. The Sega CD version is best for those wanting to experience the original. The Saturn and PS1 versions had quite a few changes, such as an entirely new soundtrack (Saturn version being superior because it had much better sound quality then the PS1 version, but was only released in Japan). The GBA Lunar is like a more basic version of the PS1/Sat ones. And then there's the PSP version, which has superior graphics and exclusive content, but lacking the free roam world map.

I believe most people who don't prefer the Sega CD version tend to prefer the PS1/Sat versions. Some people also think the story of the PS1/Sat versions makes more sense due to the changes or "enhancements" made.
Having played pretty much all of the versions of Lunar: The Silver Star, I can say that the Sega CD version is indeed the best of them.

There are actually two versions of the game available for the Saturn, both of which came out only in Japan. The first, and most common of them, is simply called Lunar Silver Star Story. The second one is Lunar Silver Star Story Complete, and it features better video sequences (but it requires the VideoCD/MPEG card for the Saturn to play).

My opinion on the matter is that the story made the most sense in the original version, and the changes made in the story detract from the game.

And now, I really want to play all of the Lunar games again...
Specially Cork

Post by Specially Cork »

BlueCrab wrote:
DanteJay wrote:
DaMadFiddler wrote:

Having played pretty much all of the versions of Lunar: The Silver Star, I can say that the Sega CD version is indeed the best of them.

There are actually two versions of the game available for the Saturn, both of which came out only in Japan. The first, and most common of them, is simply called Lunar Silver Star Story. The second one is Lunar Silver Star Story Complete, and it features better video sequences (but it requires the VideoCD/MPEG card for the Saturn to play).

My opinion on the matter is that the story made the most sense in the original version, and the changes made in the story detract from the game.

And now, I really want to play all of the Lunar
It's out on iPhone in the next couple of weeks or so.
Specially Cork

Post by Specially Cork »

Kirby's Return To Dreamland (Wii)
Battlefield 3 (360)

Both ends of the gaming spectrum. Looking forward to Kirby more, I loved Epic Yarn.
melancholy
DCEmu's Ace Attorney
DCEmu's Ace Attorney

Post by melancholy »

Monster Hunter Tri - $9
600Ber
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by 600Ber »

Resident Evil 2 - N64 - $7
Grand Theft Auto III - PS2 - $5
Specially Cork

Post by Specially Cork »

Sonic Generations.

Check here for Specially's exclusive opinion!

viewtopic.php?f=26&t=101138&p=1029296#p1029296
DaMadFiddler
Team Screamcast
Team Screamcast

Post by DaMadFiddler »

Super Mario 3D Land. Stupid name, great game. It seems to draw equally from NSMB and Mario 3. Being a portable game, it's a little shorter/easier than its home console counterparts, but it does everything VERY well and it looks like there's going to be a lot to come back for in terms of replay value. It also manages to use the 3D in a way that feels less like a gimmick and more like something that actually makes the game easier to play.
melancholy
DCEmu's Ace Attorney
DCEmu's Ace Attorney

Post by melancholy »

Zelda Skyward Sword bundle with controller
Uncharted
|darc|
DCEmu Webmaster
DCEmu Webmaster

Post by |darc| »

Just got the Skyward Sword/Wiimote bundle.

Probably won't get to play it until tomorrow though. But I'm excited.
It's thinking...