VEGA "TTF++" = FSOD

Sylverant is a homebrew open source server for Phantasy Star Online. Dreamcast users still play PSO online with this server even today! This is the official forum for both the online game server as well as the open source project itself. Feel free to post and get a gathering started online! We can also show you how to get connected!

Moderators: BlueCrab, Aleron Ives

Treamcaster
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Been thanked: 0

VEGA "TTF++" = FSOD

Post by Treamcaster »

I just lost my best eqquipment + my mind mag I've been raising so carefully. First FSOD on a sylverant ship.
As I've heard, I am not the first person to have been FSOD while doing this quest.

I should have backed up my stuff in rhe bank, how irresponsible of mine.

However I truly recommend someone take down this quest, the idea was good but it just ruined my game and I am not happy. If it has bugs, I cannot understand why it's still online.

Thanks
BlueCrab
The Crabby Overlord
The Crabby Overlord

Re: VEGA "TTF++" = FSOD

Post by BlueCrab »

My best advice is to complain about it over at Dreamcast-Talk. I don't run the Vega ship at all (the only one I'm directly responsible for is Iselia, but I can do stuff on Altimira, if need be), so you'll need to tell the people in charge there about it.

That all said, if you'd like, I can help you recover the lost equipment and whatnot. Just let me know.

EDIT: I reported it over there... Hopefully one of the admins over there will respond.
Aleron Ives
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter
Has thanked: 0

Post by Aleron Ives »

I mentioned it to Impulse just yesterday, although I wasn't aware that DC also had problems with the quest.
"Fear the HUnewearl."
Treamcaster
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Treamcaster »

Don't get me wrong Bluecrab, I wasn't pissed at you. I just posted here since it would have better visibility and to warn other users who may attempt the same mistake.

Iselia and Altimira ships are very stable though, no FSODs so far :grin:
I know this is not a server issue :wink:

Don't worry, I'll do some hunting later to retrieve what I lost, but thanks anyways for the support! No worries 8-)

P.s. Used gc version.
Aleron Ives
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by Aleron Ives »

Oh, you're not supposed to play it on GC. Even if you don't FSOD, it's impossible to beat De Rol Le, since you can't target him. :lol: The quest can FSOD you on PC in Mine 2, though.
"Fear the HUnewearl."
Treamcaster
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Treamcaster »

Well, I had no idea... Anyways, I FSODed in the forest... I was enjoying the soundtrack, damn :oops:
K_I_R_E_E_K
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by K_I_R_E_E_K »

not to be a d*** here but you have countless ways of backing up your char and restoring it.
I offer my help to restore your char and i will teach you a way of having 2 saves.

The quest was tested a lot on dc, it didn't apear yesterday, it's been there for months, so can you explain in what conditions did the fsod happen?

Also, there is one known bug in the quest exclusive for pso pc, wich is the canabin room, killing some of them at the same time (techs, needle) can cause an instant crash.

There are lot's of things that cause FSOD on all ships, i could give you a quick example, but i would be accused of attacking someone and degrading their work despite beeing a fact.
So my recomendation is to relax, ask for someone to help you and report the bug to dc-talk.
If you don't want to play the quest then don't, lvl up like the other players :P

edit:
You used GC?
I'll ask impulse to remove it from beeing avaiable on GC and fix the pc bug that might happen. As for beeing avaiable for dc/pc, it will keep that way as the quest works properly.
My guess is that both the pc version and gc version have some sort of spawn limit, the dreamcast may also have it, but it was never experienced, on the pc version the canabin room can become problematic if things aren't done correctly and the gc possibly has an even lower limit, so low that even a room in forest is way to much.
I can't be sure obviously.

Since a fix would most likely turn every single room in one that is very similar to the regular TTF then the quest would lose a lot of it's unique features, all that to please the GC players that want to lvl up even faster.
So my recomendation is to fix one thing for pc and then remove the quest for gcubers. Regular TTF seems fine to lvl up.