DCEmulation

The Dreamcast Homebrew Community Online
Back to main site
It is currently Tue Jul 29, 2014 7:56 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 15 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 3:45 pm 
Offline
The Crabby Overlord
The Crabby Overlord
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 27, 2002 9:31 am
Posts: 4103
I would like to announce the release of Sylverant PSO Patcher v1.0. What is this program, you may ask? It is a program that acts as a boot disc of sorts for the Dreamcast versions of PSO, and patches various aspects of them to work with private servers. It is designed to allow users to play PSO without using any sort of Codebreaker codes whether they use a BBA or dialup.

In addition to being able to being able to connect with the versions of the game that have always been supported on the various private servers, Sylverant PSO Patcher can also patch the versions of the game that were unable to get online to work as well. That means that all the versions of PSO that have been unable to connect since Sega's Hunter's License server was taken down will now be able to connect once again. Finally, Sylverant PSO Patcher can also patch in support for the maps that Sega forgot about in PSOv2 (which are still on the disc, but the main binary cannot access them).

For more information, see the news on the Sylverant site, and to download it, see the download page at the Sylverant project on Google Code.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 3:50 pm 
Offline
DC Developer
DC Developer
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 01, 2007 7:51 am
Posts: 294
BlueCrab wrote:
I would like to announce the release of Sylverant PSO Patcher v1.0. What is this program, you may ask? It is a program that acts as a boot disc of sorts for the Dreamcast versions of PSO, and patches various aspects of them to work with private servers. It is designed to allow users to play PSO without using any sort of Codebreaker codes whether they use a BBA or dialup.

In addition to being able to being able to connect with the versions of the game that have always been supported on the various private servers, Sylverant PSO Patcher can also patch the versions of the game that were unable to get online to work as well. That means that all the versions of PSO that have been unable to connect since Sega's Hunter's License server was taken down will now be able to connect once again. Finally, Sylverant PSO Patcher can also patch in support for the maps that Sega forgot about in PSOv2 (which are still on the disc, but the main binary cannot access them).

For more information, see the news on the Sylverant site, and to download it, see the download page at the Sylverant project on Google Code.


Wow so that was the big thing you were working on, nice...
And once again man great job, you're giving pso a third life for the dreamcast.

About those maps, are those variations of forest, ruins, etc.. ?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 7:32 pm 
Offline
The Crabby Overlord
The Crabby Overlord
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 27, 2002 9:31 am
Posts: 4103
The missing maps are the final maps for Cave 1, Cave 3, Mine 1, and Mine 2. They were all available in every difficulty other than Ultimate. This is why the FAMITSU MAXIMUM ATTACK quest doesn't let you get out of the guild on Ultimate.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 2:18 pm 
Offline
Moderator
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 12, 2007 11:52 am
Posts: 614
Location: Munich, Germany
Does this also for work for the PSO version that previously didn't work anymore because the Hunter's license server was down? Anyway, this is great news. As always, keep up the GREAT work!

EDIT: I should better completely read news posts. :)

_________________
..::SEGA-DC.DE - The home of the German Dreamcast scene::..
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 8:16 pm 
Offline
The Crabby Overlord
The Crabby Overlord
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 27, 2002 9:31 am
Posts: 4103
Unfortunately, there seems to be a few issues with the program. I intend to investigate as soon as I have electricity at home to do so.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 6:12 am 
Offline
The Crabby Overlord
The Crabby Overlord
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 27, 2002 9:31 am
Posts: 4103
So, to remedy the bugs with v1.0, I've released v1.1 this morning. Hopefully this version works a bit better.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 5:38 am 
Offline
Moderator
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 12, 2007 11:52 am
Posts: 614
Location: Munich, Germany
Thanks for the fix, man!

_________________
..::SEGA-DC.DE - The home of the German Dreamcast scene::..
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 8:04 pm 
Offline
The Crabby Overlord
The Crabby Overlord
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 27, 2002 9:31 am
Posts: 4103
Maturion wrote:
Thanks for the fix, man!
I screwed it up, so I should fix it right? :P


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 9:51 pm 
Offline
DC Developer
DC Developer

Joined: Thu Aug 20, 2009 9:00 am
Posts: 316
BlueCrab wrote:
Maturion wrote:
Thanks for the fix, man!
I screwed it up, so I should fix it right? :P


Nah! Just redefine what you were trying for. :wink: 8-)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2011 9:53 pm 
Offline
DCEmu Webmaster
DCEmu Webmaster
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 14, 2001 5:00 pm
Posts: 15559
Location: New Orleans, LA
This is awesome. I really need to get my DC from my parents' house...

_________________
It's thinking...


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2011 10:40 pm 
Offline
The Crabby Overlord
The Crabby Overlord
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 27, 2002 9:31 am
Posts: 4103
|darc| wrote:
This is awesome. I really need to get my DC from my parents' house...
You definitely should. More players on the server is a good thing, in general. :grin:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 5:26 pm 
Offline
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 13, 2004 12:02 am
Posts: 299
Location: Ottawa
Seems I'm a bit late to the party, but I want to thank you BlueCrab for making this patcher. It's just what was needed. Should help a lot of people and that's a very good thing.

I do have a question though. Is it possible to have an sdiso version of this patch?

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 9:34 am 
Offline
The Crabby Overlord
The Crabby Overlord
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 27, 2002 9:31 am
Posts: 4103
kingbuzzo wrote:
Seems I'm a bit late to the party, but I want to thank you BlueCrab for making this patcher. It's just what was needed. Should help a lot of people and that's a very good thing.

I do have a question though. Is it possible to have an sdiso version of this patch?
That depends on what you're asking. If you're asking if I will make a version that will patch the game as an ISO file on the SD card, no. I refuse to do that. This is much akin to patching the game on CD-R, another thing I will not do.

This whole patcher quite possibly overwrites data the SD card stuff needs anyway, so it might not be possible to make it work with that at all.

If you're asking if you can put this on a SD card and execute it in the normal way for SD card based homebrew, it should work fine. Everything's self-contained. I pretty much (except for final testing of it) always execute it over dcload. Granted, if there's some sort of exit back to the loader functionality in the SD card reading stuff (I've never used it, so I don't know myself), this may disable that (Just as it does for dcload).


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 12:15 am 
Offline
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 13, 2004 12:02 am
Posts: 299
Location: Ottawa
BlueCrab wrote:
That depends on what you're asking. If you're asking if I will make a version that will patch the game as an ISO file on the SD card, no. I refuse to do that. This is much akin to patching the game on CD-R, another thing I will not do.

This whole patcher quite possibly overwrites data the SD card stuff needs anyway, so it might not be possible to make it work with that at all.

If you're asking if you can put this on a SD card and execute it in the normal way for SD card based homebrew, it should work fine. Everything's self-contained. I pretty much (except for final testing of it) always execute it over dcload. Granted, if there's some sort of exit back to the loader functionality in the SD card reading stuff (I've never used it, so I don't know myself), this may disable that (Just as it does for dcload).


Yeah just a patch that can be luanched from sd. I'll see if I can do it myself and post back any results.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 5:08 am 
Offline
The Crabby Overlord
The Crabby Overlord
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 27, 2002 9:31 am
Posts: 4103
kingbuzzo wrote:
Yeah just a patch that can be luanched from sd. I'll see if I can do it myself and post back any results.
In theory, it should "just work", but that depends on what kind of odd stuff the SD launcher does. I wouldn't expect it to be able to exit back to the SD launcher, but that would be kinda silly anyway (since it will never actually "exit" back to anything anyway). However, if the SD launcher overwrites the GD-ROM syscall pointer (which it would have to do for any sort of GD-ROM emulation), it likely won't work.

There's very few places in RAM to hide stuff so that it won't be clobbered by official games, so I suspect that the SD stuff may hide in the same place as my patcher does. If there's any way to load something and disable the GD-ROM emulation from the SD loader, it should all work fine. Otherwise, don't count on it working without being a hackjob.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 15 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group