Sylverant PSO Patcher will not load on the DC

Sylverant is a homebrew open source server for Phantasy Star Online. Dreamcast users still play PSO online with this server even today! This is the official forum for both the online game server as well as the open source project itself. Feel free to post and get a gathering started online! We can also show you how to get connected!

Moderators: BlueCrab, Aleron Ives

Treamcaster
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Been thanked: 0

Re: Sylverant PSO Patcher will not load on the DC

Post by Treamcaster »

Still trashing the CD media... hmm... +10 wasted CDs.. I also burned a dreamcast homebrew game to see what would happen and even that failed. Well, I think there's nothing else you can do to help me. There may be something wrong with the dvd-writer, or the CD bulk is damaged. Gotta figure that out later. :x

Thank you anyways for the support, I appreciate it. :wink:
This is really why I usually just burn all my Dreamcast stuff the old fashioned way (with Marcus Comstedt's directions).
Well, you convinced me. I don't think I'll be able to work it out but I'll try at least..

::Edited::
Last edited by Treamcaster on Fri Sep 02, 2011 11:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BlueCrab
The Crabby Overlord
The Crabby Overlord

Post by BlueCrab »

Treamcaster wrote:Still trashing the CD media... hmm... +10 wasted CDs.. I also burned a dreamcast game to see what would happen and even that failed. Well, I think there's nothing else you can do to help me. There may be something wrong with the dvd-writer, or the CD bulk is damaged. Gotta figure that out later. :x

Thank you anyways for the support, I appreciate it. :wink:
This is really why I usually just burn all my Dreamcast stuff the old fashioned way (with Marcus Comstedt's directions).
Well, you convinced me. I don't think I'll be able to work it out but I'll try at least..
If you're not able to burn anything Dreamcast related (please don't mention piracy), then I doubt that Marcus' directions will help out at all. Its quite possible that you have a batch of discs the Dreamcast just doesn't like (I've had that problem once before).
Treamcaster
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Treamcaster »

Yeah, I never had burning problems before with any dreamcast homebrew stuff so I must be doing something wrong.
norakuro
DCEmu Fast Newbie
DCEmu Fast Newbie
Has thanked: 0

Post by norakuro »

succeeds to bake it to CD-R in BootDreams!. :grin:

An ASPI driver is necessary,
Because XP did not have it, I installed it.
it was easy,
Thank you.

However, I cannot test it because there is not DC ...
Aleron Ives
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by Aleron Ives »

Tream, I have a feeling the problem is hardware related. Perhaps your burner can't make discs readable by the Dreamcast, or your Dreamcast can't read CD-Rs anymore. The only way to be sure would be to try burning a disc on a different computer, or trying the discs you've already burned in another Dreamcast.

Honestly, there's not really any way for a CDI to be "wrong", to my knowledge. When you burn in "RAW" mode, it's basically just dumping the contents of one CD onto another one, without worrying about the structure of the disc. The only way that could fail is if your media is bad, your burner is strange, or your Dreamcast is defective. I don't know of any way to fix the problem other than to change one of those three things and hope for the best.

I, for one, can't use cdrecord to burn Dreamcast discs, because cdrecord does not work properly with my burner. No matter what I do, cdrecord refuses to burn the first session without a pregap, which causes LBA values to always be +2 from what they should be. I long ago gave up using cdrecord and switched to CDRWIN, because it actually works for me. (Although, only the most recent version does. The one before that didn't support my burner at all, so I was forced to transfers files to my laptop to burn anything Dreamcast-related until recently.)
norakuro wrote:succeeds to bake it to CD-R in BootDreams!. :grin:

An ASPI driver is necessary,
Because XP did not have it, I installed it.
it was easy,
Thank you.

However, I cannot test it because there is not DC ...
Can you send the disc to someone who has a DC? If many Japanese players have trouble creating the loader disc, maybe somebody who can create working discs can send the discs to players who need them.
"Fear the HUnewearl."
norakuro
DCEmu Fast Newbie
DCEmu Fast Newbie

Post by norakuro »

Can you send the disc to someone who has a DC? If many Japanese players have trouble creating the loader disc, maybe somebody who can create working discs can send the discs to players who need them.
Regretfully,Extremely difficult.
It is only the Conversation in the Anonymity BBS
know neither the name nor the mail address,
whether true to wherever,
I am untrustworthy to there.

How much numerical person succeeded?,
Not well understood.

I taught the necessary thing,
cannot but do it by person himself,
I only pray for success.