Sylverant PSO Patcher v1.0 (and v1.1) Released!

This forum is for the posting of new newsposts, and it stores the site's news and comments archives. Only newsposters have access to post new news in here; if you wish to submit news, please post it in the discussion section for your particular topic. We may choose to move it here as a newspost if we find that it's worthy for the front page.
BlueCrab
The Crabby Overlord
The Crabby Overlord
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/

Sylverant PSO Patcher v1.0 (and v1.1) Released!

Post by BlueCrab »

I would like to announce the release of Sylverant PSO Patcher v1.0. What is this program, you may ask? It is a program that acts as a boot disc of sorts for the Dreamcast versions of PSO, and patches various aspects of them to work with private servers. It is designed to allow users to play PSO without using any sort of Codebreaker codes whether they use a BBA or dialup.

In addition to being able to being able to connect with the versions of the game that have always been supported on the various private servers, Sylverant PSO Patcher can also patch the versions of the game that were unable to get online to work as well. That means that all the versions of PSO that have been unable to connect since Sega's Hunter's License server was taken down will now be able to connect once again. Finally, Sylverant PSO Patcher can also patch in support for the maps that Sega forgot about in PSOv2 (which are still on the disc, but the main binary cannot access them).

For more information, see the news on the Sylverant site, and to download it, see the download page at the Sylverant project on Google Code.
Neoblast
DC Developer
DC Developer

Re: Sylverant PSO Patcher v1.0 Released!

Post by Neoblast »

BlueCrab wrote:I would like to announce the release of Sylverant PSO Patcher v1.0. What is this program, you may ask? It is a program that acts as a boot disc of sorts for the Dreamcast versions of PSO, and patches various aspects of them to work with private servers. It is designed to allow users to play PSO without using any sort of Codebreaker codes whether they use a BBA or dialup.

In addition to being able to being able to connect with the versions of the game that have always been supported on the various private servers, Sylverant PSO Patcher can also patch the versions of the game that were unable to get online to work as well. That means that all the versions of PSO that have been unable to connect since Sega's Hunter's License server was taken down will now be able to connect once again. Finally, Sylverant PSO Patcher can also patch in support for the maps that Sega forgot about in PSOv2 (which are still on the disc, but the main binary cannot access them).

For more information, see the news on the Sylverant site, and to download it, see the download page at the Sylverant project on Google Code.
Wow so that was the big thing you were working on, nice...
And once again man great job, you're giving pso a third life for the dreamcast.

About those maps, are those variations of forest, ruins, etc.. ?
BlueCrab
The Crabby Overlord
The Crabby Overlord

Post by BlueCrab »

The missing maps are the final maps for Cave 1, Cave 3, Mine 1, and Mine 2. They were all available in every difficulty other than Ultimate. This is why the FAMITSU MAXIMUM ATTACK quest doesn't let you get out of the guild on Ultimate.
Maturion
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by Maturion »

Does this also for work for the PSO version that previously didn't work anymore because the Hunter's license server was down? Anyway, this is great news. As always, keep up the GREAT work!

EDIT: I should better completely read news posts. :)
BlueCrab
The Crabby Overlord
The Crabby Overlord

Post by BlueCrab »

Unfortunately, there seems to be a few issues with the program. I intend to investigate as soon as I have electricity at home to do so.
BlueCrab
The Crabby Overlord
The Crabby Overlord

Re: Sylverant PSO Patcher v1.0 (and v1.1) Released!

Post by BlueCrab »

So, to remedy the bugs with v1.0, I've released v1.1 this morning. Hopefully this version works a bit better.
Maturion

Post by Maturion »

Thanks for the fix, man!
BlueCrab
The Crabby Overlord
The Crabby Overlord

Post by BlueCrab »

Maturion wrote:Thanks for the fix, man!
I screwed it up, so I should fix it right? :P
Chilly Willy
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by Chilly Willy »

BlueCrab wrote:
Maturion wrote:Thanks for the fix, man!
I screwed it up, so I should fix it right? :P
Nah! Just redefine what you were trying for. :wink: 8-)
|darc|
DCEmu Webmaster
DCEmu Webmaster

Post by |darc| »

This is awesome. I really need to get my DC from my parents' house...
It's thinking...
BlueCrab
The Crabby Overlord
The Crabby Overlord

Post by BlueCrab »

|darc| wrote:This is awesome. I really need to get my DC from my parents' house...
You definitely should. More players on the server is a good thing, in general. :grin:
kingbuzzo
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by kingbuzzo »

Seems I'm a bit late to the party, but I want to thank you BlueCrab for making this patcher. It's just what was needed. Should help a lot of people and that's a very good thing.

I do have a question though. Is it possible to have an sdiso version of this patch?
BlueCrab
The Crabby Overlord
The Crabby Overlord

Post by BlueCrab »

kingbuzzo wrote:Seems I'm a bit late to the party, but I want to thank you BlueCrab for making this patcher. It's just what was needed. Should help a lot of people and that's a very good thing.

I do have a question though. Is it possible to have an sdiso version of this patch?
That depends on what you're asking. If you're asking if I will make a version that will patch the game as an ISO file on the SD card, no. I refuse to do that. This is much akin to patching the game on CD-R, another thing I will not do.

This whole patcher quite possibly overwrites data the SD card stuff needs anyway, so it might not be possible to make it work with that at all.

If you're asking if you can put this on a SD card and execute it in the normal way for SD card based homebrew, it should work fine. Everything's self-contained. I pretty much (except for final testing of it) always execute it over dcload. Granted, if there's some sort of exit back to the loader functionality in the SD card reading stuff (I've never used it, so I don't know myself), this may disable that (Just as it does for dcload).
kingbuzzo
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by kingbuzzo »

BlueCrab wrote:That depends on what you're asking. If you're asking if I will make a version that will patch the game as an ISO file on the SD card, no. I refuse to do that. This is much akin to patching the game on CD-R, another thing I will not do.

This whole patcher quite possibly overwrites data the SD card stuff needs anyway, so it might not be possible to make it work with that at all.

If you're asking if you can put this on a SD card and execute it in the normal way for SD card based homebrew, it should work fine. Everything's self-contained. I pretty much (except for final testing of it) always execute it over dcload. Granted, if there's some sort of exit back to the loader functionality in the SD card reading stuff (I've never used it, so I don't know myself), this may disable that (Just as it does for dcload).
Yeah just a patch that can be luanched from sd. I'll see if I can do it myself and post back any results.
BlueCrab
The Crabby Overlord
The Crabby Overlord

Post by BlueCrab »

kingbuzzo wrote:Yeah just a patch that can be luanched from sd. I'll see if I can do it myself and post back any results.
In theory, it should "just work", but that depends on what kind of odd stuff the SD launcher does. I wouldn't expect it to be able to exit back to the SD launcher, but that would be kinda silly anyway (since it will never actually "exit" back to anything anyway). However, if the SD launcher overwrites the GD-ROM syscall pointer (which it would have to do for any sort of GD-ROM emulation), it likely won't work.

There's very few places in RAM to hide stuff so that it won't be clobbered by official games, so I suspect that the SD stuff may hide in the same place as my patcher does. If there's any way to load something and disable the GD-ROM emulation from the SD loader, it should all work fine. Otherwise, don't count on it working without being a hackjob.