Other 3D engines?

Talk about Quake, Doom, Wolfenstein 3D, or other DC first person shooting game ports and mods for those games in here.
jgwetworth
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Other 3D engines?

Post by jgwetworth »

Hey Dcemulation Forums i'm curious to know are there any better engines than quake graphical whise? Also is ScumVM also a dreamcast compatable engine?

Thanks!
Anthony817
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Re: Other 3D engines?

Post by Anthony817 »

Well, there is a new 3D engine in development here. Please post your support in the Dreamcast port thread.

http://www.cubicvr.org/index.php?option ... e&Itemid=1

Also some people are developing Half-Life mods for Dreamcast, but the engine is pretty limited on what you can actually do. I would say so far it has the best graphics for homebrew projects.

[link removed (warez) -BlueCrab]

About ScummVM, yes there is a port of that, but it is not really a game engine, more along the lines of an interpreter for old point and click games.

http://www.scummvm.org/
jgwetworth
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by jgwetworth »

wow thanks a lot so i decided to go with half life modding i already know how to use source engine etc for it but i cant seem to find the data on the cdi for half life it just shows "Track 01" and no other files when i open the image

how do i access the files to mod the game?
jgwetworth
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by jgwetworth »

So do i download the game and edit its files and simply drop it on a disk or do i edit the wads in the disk image?
Anthony817
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Anthony817 »

Wow sorry for the late reply, I had to reformat vista and lost all my old favorites.

Pretty much you can drop in some PC maps and then you can edit a few things here and there and have a working game.

This thread MIGHT be of some help to you, it explains in a nutshell what you gotta do to get PC mods working on DC.

[link removed (warez) -BlueCrab]

Divagante, one of the Dreamcast HL modders has posted some info on the pages that should be relevant to your cause.
BlueCrab
The Crabby Overlord
The Crabby Overlord

Post by BlueCrab »

Sorry to do this, but Half Life for DC falls under the warez policy here. It was never released. Its illegal to distribute. Therefore it is against the rules here.

TOPIC LOCKED