Post everytime that you buy a new game...

General purpose discussion about gaming and emulation.
k3nny1550
DCEmu Cool Newbie
DCEmu Cool Newbie
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Post everytime that you buy a new game...

Post by k3nny1550 »

melancholy wrote:Got in on the 5 Prince of Persia games Steam deal for $15.
I just got that one myself. Also, managed to snag PSO Ver. 2 for Dreamcast on Amazon through QuickBuys. The disc is pretty much new looking, and the product key works so that's cool. Should I port my main PSO character into Ver 2?
BlueCrab
The Crabby Overlord
The Crabby Overlord

Post by BlueCrab »

k3nny1550 wrote:
melancholy wrote:Got in on the 5 Prince of Persia games Steam deal for $15.
I just got that one myself. Also, managed to snag PSO Ver. 2 for Dreamcast on Amazon through QuickBuys. The disc is pretty much new looking, and the product key works so that's cool. Should I port my main PSO character into Ver 2?
Which region? US, Japan, or Europe?

If you got the US or Japanese version and you ever want to play online, then I'd say no. Unfortunately, none of the private servers support PSOv2 US/JP due to the hunter's license check that has never been worked around. All of them would work just fine if it weren't for the HL check. :?

PSOv1 US and European both work fine online (the Japanese v1 has the same hunter's license check problem as v2 US/JP).
Luriden
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Luriden »

Jeeba Jabba wrote:
Luriden wrote:Uncharted 2 GotY Edition

...which includes $35 worth of DLC that I can't redeem yet because Sony lied about the PS Store coming back up.

I want my free games! I haven't played Infamous before and I really want to... When is it supposed to be coming back?
It's supposed to be back sometime before the end of this month.

Infamous is good, but if you're interested in anything besides the free roam, be prepared for disappointment. You'll be playing the same 3 or 4 missions over and over, just in different locations. It's even more repetitive than GTA. I couldn't finish it.
k3nny1550
DCEmu Cool Newbie
DCEmu Cool Newbie

Post by k3nny1550 »

Well, good thing I didn't port my lv19 RAmar. I ported a lv3 HUmar. I've got two characters going. Might try a RAcast or a Force if I'm feeling masochistic- generally forces don't lend well to single player.

Main reason to do anything with PSO ver 2 is that you have recovery items that can revive you if you die automatically instead of losing your gear and having to go back to Pioneer 2, which would be great for single player work but in multiplayer you've got teammates watching your back. So far, no luck finding a BBA. I'll probably have to look through setting up a PCDC server and just hope it's portable.

Oh, as for the Hunters License thing, I think it has been worked around here.
Dreamcast Connection Instructions.

Scratch that, apparently for Dreamcast you need a PAL v2.
Last edited by k3nny1550 on Thu May 26, 2011 4:21 am, edited 3 times in total.
BlueCrab
The Crabby Overlord
The Crabby Overlord

Post by BlueCrab »

k3nny1550 wrote:Main reason to do anything with PSO ver 2 is that you have recovery items that can revive you if you die automatically instead of losing your gear and having to go back to Pioneer 2, which would be great for single player work but in multiplayer you've got teammates watching your back. So far, no luck finding a BBA. I'll probably have to look through setting up a PCDC server and just hope it's portable.
The Scape Doll (the item that auto-revives) was in PSOv1 as well. Also, there are some mags that have a chance to auto-revive that were also in v1, if I recall correctly. The real draws for PSOv2 are Challenge and Battle modes, the ability to level to level 200, ultimate difficulty, and the additional weapons and such.
Luriden
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Luriden »

Killzone 3

I have the backlog from hell. I need to stop.
DaMadFiddler
Team Screamcast
Team Screamcast

Post by DaMadFiddler »

JVC X'Eye.

Got it along with a mixed bunch of games, most notably the Sonic set (including Sonic CD and Sonic & Knuckles), Aladdin, and the Sega CD versions of Ecco and Jurassic Park.
Thomas
Thomas

Post by Thomas »

inFAMOUS (Free PSN)
Dead Nation (Free PSN)
Heavy Rain
Jeeba Jabba
Jeeba Jabba

Post by Jeeba Jabba »

DaMadFiddler wrote:JVC X'Eye.

Got it along with a mixed bunch of games, most notably the Sonic set (including Sonic CD and Sonic & Knuckles), Aladdin, and the Sega CD versions of Ecco and Jurassic Park.

Are you serious? How much was it?
"He who cannot draw on 3,000 years is living hand-to-mouth." -Goethe
Jeeba Jabba
Jeeba Jabba

Post by Jeeba Jabba »

Luriden wrote:Killzone 3

How is that? I'm terribly interested in that plot since I played a roomate's copy of the first one, but Halo is the only console FPS I can stomach playing without keyboard and mouse.
DaMadFiddler
Team Screamcast
Team Screamcast

Post by DaMadFiddler »

Jeeba Jabba wrote:
DaMadFiddler wrote:JVC X'Eye.

Are you serious? How much was it?
Came with a whole bunch of (mostly crappy) CD and cartridge games for $100, shipping included.

The important ones were the Sonic the Hedgehog games (had the whole series except Sonic 3, including Sonic CD and S&K) and Aladdin... most of it is junk that I'll either sell or trade.

However, I figure the higher price on the X'Eye helps make up for the absolute steal I got on a Genesis a while back... which came with Sonic 3, Contra Hard Corps, Castlevania Bloodlines, and a bunch of other good stuff for $30 (those last two cartridges alone are worth more than that). I figure now that I've got the X'Eye, I can bundle the regular Genesis with all the games I don't want and recoup the difference.

Actually, this is the second X'Eye I've owned. I bought my first one in college, but ended up selling it to impetus several years ago after getting into a bit of a tight place financially. Have been regretting that sale ever since.
Juan
DCEmu Commie
DCEmu Commie

Post by Juan »

Gemei A330 without multiplayer.
Eckostyle
DCEmu Mega Poster
DCEmu Mega Poster

Post by Eckostyle »

Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands and Dungeon Siege III.
Luriden
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Luriden »

Jeeba Jabba wrote:
Luriden wrote:Killzone 3

How is that? I'm terribly interested in that plot since I played a roomate's copy of the first one, but Halo is the only console FPS I can stomach playing without keyboard and mouse.
I got halfway through and couldn't finish it. I don't know how the story compares to the others since the story never interested me to begin with. The campaign mode is incredibly boring. Every level is walking forward, taking a few turns here and there, and popping out to shoot bad guys and hide while you heal, so you can pop out and shoot more, then move forward while your space marine buddies give you orders. Every once in awhile you control a turret for an on-rails tank battle. There's really no reason to play it if you've ever played any FPS in the last 10 years. Killzone 2 had its neat moments during the campaign, but Killzone 3 has absolutely nothing original.

There was a stealth level thrown in for "variety" to try to make the game less cliche, but actually ends up being even more cliche having done that. The only positive thing I can think of to say is they finally fixed the shitty aiming/moving controls that plagued the second game, but that doesn't make it any less crap since most FPS don't have shitty aiming/moving controls to begin with.

Same goes with the multiplayer. It's identical to Killzone 2's multiplayer, which was identical to almost every other online FPS I've played this gen. It has a hint of TF2 with the class system and abilities, but you have to get your ass kicked royally by higher-level players before you can even unlock and use any of the abilities.
Klonoa
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by Klonoa »

I got..

Zelda OoT - 3DS
SSF4 AE - PS3
Mvc3 - PS3 (dunno if I mentioned this)

BTW Killzone 3 started off boring for me and was hating it then I got to the Forrest parts and I thought the graphics just kept getting better with each level after so it sucked me in to see what I'll see next. The story is cool too they even have the Visari at the intro of the game I love how dramatic his voice is. But yeah the story/game is very memorable the ending really surprised me.
melancholy
DCEmu's Ace Attorney
DCEmu's Ace Attorney

Post by melancholy »

Ocarina of Time 3D - $25
Hydrophobia Prophecy - $3
Jet_Set_Beat

Post by Jet_Set_Beat »

melancholy wrote:Ocarina of Time 3D - $25
I'm surprised. I didn't think that you were going to buy 'OOT 3D'. I'm thinking of selling my copy.
Jeeba Jabba
Jeeba Jabba

Post by Jeeba Jabba »

Nintendo 3DS
OoT 3D
melancholy
DCEmu's Ace Attorney
DCEmu's Ace Attorney

Post by melancholy »

Jet_Set_Beat wrote:
melancholy wrote:Ocarina of Time 3D - $25
I'm surprised. I didn't think that you were going to buy 'OOT 3D'. I'm thinking of selling my copy.
I had a $15 Kmart coupon that expired soon, and OoT came with another $15 coupon I can use on Catherine. So I figured why not.
Specially Cork

Post by Specially Cork »

Recently...

Dungeon Siege III (360)
Duke Nukem Forever (360)
Alice: Madness Returns (360)
DiRT 3 (360)
Virtua Tennis 4 (360)
LittleBigPlanet 2 (PS3)
Terraria (PC)
Beyond Good & Evil HD (PSN)

Free stuff:
Team Fortress 2 (Steam)