Dreamcast Optimized Doom Wads

Talk about Quake, Doom, Wolfenstein 3D, or other DC first person shooting game ports and mods for those games in here.
Chilly Willy
DC Developer
DC Developer
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0

Re: Dreamcast Optimized Doom Wads

Post by Chilly Willy »

Stryfe wrote:
Chilly Willy wrote:I don't need you to write the code - I can handle that just fine - but from the point of view of someone putting together mods for the game, which would you like better?
All of the ideas you proposed sound awesome of course. :o

Sorry I didn't respond sooner. I started out with plenty of time to do this stuff, but then it just evaporated. A lot of my time is going into seeing what programs I can get working in Linux, or find alternative methods. I want to finally be rid of Windows...

I had a few other pwads I was working on, but they're only partially done. I'll see what I can get uploaded in the next few days.
We're not in any rush here. I may take a little time to try making music handlers for the ARM processor; no need to use the SH4 if I don't have to - that just takes time away from rendering frames. :lol:

The ARM is plenty powerful enough for just about any format I'd want to play. I'll probably just load the music and any needed instruments into sound memory and just do only the sound effects with the main processor.

In the meantime, keep the pwads coming! I never seem to have time to check out pwads, so getting some "favorites" from others saves me some time. :wink:
Stryfe
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu
Been thanked: 0

Post by Stryfe »

Aliens TC for Ultimate Doom;

Image Image Image

Tested, and working, with:
- Ultimate Doom
- Freedoom 'Ultimate'

I would note that if you use the Freedoom iwad, do not load anything other than the Aliens TC levels, unless you want the game to crash. The Freedoom levels are not Vanilla, or even Nxdoom, compatible.

Changes Common:
- Added title screen music
- Merged original wads into single pwad for ease of use

Changes Vanilla Compatible:
- Various dehacked string changes

Changes NxDoom:
- Created embedded bex dehacked file

Download: Edited - Aliens TC

Download: Original - Part 1, Part 2
ImageImageImageImage
Stryfe
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu
Been thanked: 0

Post by Stryfe »

Serenity Trilogy for Doom / Ultimate Doom;

Image Image Image

The Serenity Trilogy is a collection of 3 Doom episode replacements. Episode 3 replacement "Serenity", episode 2 replacement "Eternity" (aka Serenity II), and "Infinity" (aka Serenity III) together form one of the best Doom 1 (or Ultimate Doom) total conversions.

Tested, and working, with:
- Doom v1.9
- Ultimate Doom
- Freedoom 'Ultimate'

I would note that if you use the Freedoom iwad, do not load episode 4, unless you want the game to crash. The Freedoom levels are not Vanilla, or even Nxdoom, compatible.

Changes Common:
- Merged original wads into single pwad for ease of use

Changes Vanilla:
- Converted tracks from '.mus' to '.mid'

Changes NxDoom:
- Created Impulse Tracker music wad

Download:
Serenity Trilogy

Download - Originals:
Home Page
ImageImageImageImage