US soldier admits killing unarmed Afghans for sport

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
Stryfe
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

US soldier admits killing unarmed Afghans for sport

Post by Stryfe »

Jeremy Morlock, 23, tells US military court he was part of a 'kill team' that faked combat situations to murder Afghan civilians

An American soldier has pleaded guilty to being part of a "kill team" who deliberately murdered Afghan civilians for sport last year.

The case has caused outraged headlines around the world. In a series of videotaped confessions to investigators, some of which have been broadcast on American television, Morlock detailed how he and other members of his Stryker brigade set up and faked combat situations so that they could kill civilians who posed no threat to them. Four other soldiers are still to come to trial over the incidents.

Some soldiers apparently kept body parts of their victims, including a skull, as souvenirs. In a statement issued in response to the publication of the photos the US army apologised to the families of the dead. "[The photos are] repugnant to us as human beings and contrary to the standards and values of the United States army," the statement said.
Wow, just wow. Me thinks the US Army need better psychological evaluations of it's recruits, and any post-combat participants.

Full article HERE.
ImageImageImageImage
cube_b3
Ex-Newsposter
Ex-Newsposter

Re: US soldier admits killing unarmed Afghans for sport

Post by cube_b3 »

My first instinct was to say FUCK THE US ARMY!

But are they really to blame? Sure personal decisions can not be ignored, but a large portion of these so called soldiers are drop out gamers. Who are constantly fed voilent FPS shooters.

I feel it is the White House's responsiblity and Bush who started this mess, and Obama who is continuing this by firing McCrystal (that's the name right) and continuing U.S. presence in Afghanistan.
Jeeba Jabba
Jeeba Jabba

Post by Jeeba Jabba »

He should be getting the Medal of Honor.
"He who cannot draw on 3,000 years is living hand-to-mouth." -Goethe
Specially Cork

Post by Specially Cork »

We didn't want Germans in Britain so we fought them. If you don't want western armies in the middle-east you know what you gotta do. Can't? Won't? Oh well. That's war. Countries like Russia and China will happily complain, but they don't care enough to help. That's life I'm afraid. If my country was run by an evil dictator/terrorist organisation/whatever I would ultimately feel responsible for it. There's always something you can do. Like not reproduce, then your evil leaders won't have anyone to rule. Simple. The Americans are in Afghanistan because the country can't clean up its own shit. If the Afghans don't like it, maybe they should've done something about it earlier. Egypt sorted itself out. Libya didn't, so now we will. Simple.
law56ker
DCEmu Cool Poster
DCEmu Cool Poster

Post by law56ker »

Not a surprise, this happens in real life and in war. People choose their own actions.
Quzar
Dream Coder
Dream Coder

Post by Quzar »

BoneyCork wrote:We didn't want Germans in Britain so we fought them. If you don't want western armies in the middle-east you know what you gotta do. Can't? Won't? Oh well. That's war. Countries like Russia and China will happily complain, but they don't care enough to help. That's life I'm afraid. If my country was run by an evil dictator/terrorist organisation/whatever I would ultimately feel responsible for it. There's always something you can do. Like not reproduce, then your evil leaders won't have anyone to rule. Simple. The Americans are in Afghanistan because the country can't clean up its own shit. If the Afghans don't like it, maybe they should've done something about it earlier. Egypt sorted itself out. Libya didn't, so now we will. Simple.
I can never tell where sarcasm ends and truth begins with you. Either way, I agree with this.
"When you post fewer lines of text than your signature, consider not posting at all." - A Wise Man
Specially Cork

Post by Specially Cork »

I was trolling a bit, but it's pretty much my opinion. I feel all these recent middle-east wars are justified. I think Tony Blair is a smarmy cunt, but his refusal to bow to popular opinion and apologise for Britain's involvement in the Iraq war earns him major respect in my book.
ASCIIN
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by ASCIIN »

It's fine and dandy as long as it them and not us because if the tables were turned im sure another war would start....

Thank god were the good guys...
<WiLdSeXyPrInCeSs> i luv guyz where would they be wifout us gals???
<XeNoX> Still in the Garden Of Eden you gullible bitch.
Anthony817
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Anthony817 »

Such a sick story. It's bastards like him that make the US Army look bad. There are good and bad sides to everything on earth.
vicviper74
Modder Of Rage
Modder Of Rage

Post by vicviper74 »

You cant even say justice will be served. God knows how many people they killed. The ratio wont be the same. and now their children/family will want revenge and may take action. Join some anti American cult. And want payback. If someone killed my father mother for sport. I'd think I want retribution an eye for an eye.

I love my country. But like police officers. Sometime they give the power to the wrong people. Hate begets hate. (and maybe even greater hate).
Since people seem to message me for nuthin!!! I removed my messenger link ha ha ha ha