Dreamcast Digital Renaissance Trailers

This forum is for the posting of new newsposts, and it stores the site's news and comments archives. Only newsposters have access to post new news in here; if you wish to submit news, please post it in the discussion section for your particular topic. We may choose to move it here as a newspost if we find that it's worthy for the front page.
cube_b3
Ex-Newsposter
Ex-Newsposter
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/

Dreamcast Digital Renaissance Trailers

Post by cube_b3 »

Sega Europe has produced new HD trailers for Crazy Taxi & Sonic Adventure on XBLA/PSN, they hit all the right nostalgia notes.

Crazy Taxi

The rerelease is based on the PC port of Crazy Taxi, and will boast graphics in high-definition 720p, true widescreen, along with XBLA/PSN prerequisite's leader boards, and achievements/trophies.

The game will feature both arcade and original mode. Crazy Box makes a comeback with its 16 mini-games.

This game hits for American PSN users first on Novemeber 23rd and then the next day American XBLA along with European and Australian users get to play.The game will be priced at $9.99 (£6.29/ €7.99/ AU$ 12.95) or 800 Microsoft Points. The trailer features an alternate soundtrack to Off-Spring as their songs will no longer be featured in the game, from what we heard in the trailer, we liked. Those who want to listen to Off-Spring could still sync it into the game, if they have the tracks on their system.

The only thing bad about the trailer is that who ever was playing sucked.

Sonic Adventure

Sonic Adventure was actually released last month, based on the PC port of Sonic Adventure DX, it runs at 60fps, but lacks wide screen support.

While the trailer is very exciting the game itself hasn't been received all to well. For more information read SegaBits review.

Sega hasn't announced what game would follow Crazy Taxi, but they are releasing Chu Chu Rocket for the iPhone this month on 28th.

Last edited by cube_b3 on Sat Oct 16, 2010 2:04 pm, edited 3 times in total.
cube_b3
Ex-Newsposter
Ex-Newsposter

Re: Dreamcast Digital Renaissance Trailers

Post by cube_b3 »

So the September run down is cancelled.

This was some of the stuff I was going to include in it, but I think it can stand alone.

If there are mistakes feel free to edit them, I am currently working on some GSP stuff, so I won't be doing any news posts till I'm done with all the work there.
Christuserloeser
Been thanked: 0

Post by Christuserloeser »

I fixed the link to the Segabits SA review. That's a pretty much perfect newspost btw. :)
Insane homebrew collector.
cube_b3
Ex-Newsposter
Ex-Newsposter

Post by cube_b3 »

I guess I'm finally getting on the right track :P.
Specially Cork

Post by Specially Cork »

Good newspost Bilal.

It's a shame that Sega are asking so much from us to rebuy these titles when not only are they not enhancing them; they're actually cutting shit out (no Offspring, no DX extras for Sonic). It's sad that this project, like so many others, will primarily stand as an example of Sega's current cheapness.
Juan
DCEmu Commie
DCEmu Commie

Post by Juan »

DX content costs extra :lol:

And they're not even that Dreamcast representative. Crazy Taxi is an arcade game that's already on a bunch of consoles, and SA is... Well, shit.
On the other hand, Chu-Chu Rocket screams DC.
not just souLLy now
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by not just souLLy now »

The changed soundtrack and loss of KFC etc. for the locations is a deal breaker for me, they're a huge part of what made the game iconic for me. I'd love to see Jet Set Radio get a release on Live but if it's going to go through the same butchery as this, I'll be gutted. Is it simply because they used the PC port to make this version?
DaMadFiddler
Team Screamcast
Team Screamcast
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by DaMadFiddler »

Not to mention you can pick up Wii-compatible GameCube copies of both of these games for around $3 each.
cube_b3
Ex-Newsposter
Ex-Newsposter

Post by cube_b3 »

I am obviously never going to rebuy any of these games virtually. If there is an option to pick up a physically copy I will always opt for it.

_________
As for Sonic Adventure DX:

Yeah, cutting content out and charging extra is bull shit, and Sega should know better. That was a very cheap ass move, but the whole port of SADX is cheap ass, and they should really show there number#1 ip a little more respect.

I think they've done a good job all the enhancements are done, I am willing to give the new soundtrack a chance, cause what I heard, I liked. Also you can restore offspring manually.

If I was in Sega Management, I would've repackaged Crazy Taxi 3 with a new name (CT3 includes everything featured in the previous 2) , and if it wouldn't cost too much I would've included the multiplayer feature intended for Crazy Taxi 3 (but appeared in the PSP compilation).

It may not truly fulfill the Digital Dreamcast Renaissance criteria but so far Sega hasn't released a Single Dreamcast game, Capcom and Namco on the other hand have.

P.S. CT3 doesn't even have 360 support.