DCEmulation

The Dreamcast Homebrew Community Online
Back to main site
It is currently Sat Apr 19, 2014 5:57 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2010 10:13 am 
Newsposter
Newsposter

SEGA of Japan have launched their Dreamcast Reprint site to keep track of Dreamcast games being re-released on XBLA and PSN.

So far the site only has Sonic Adventure and Crazy Taxi listed, earlier second and third party ports such as REZ, Ikaruga, Soul Calibur, Super Street Fighter 2 HD Remix are unsurprisingly not on the list.

The website also has a section of “What’s Next”. So let’s all try and guess what could be next.

Source: http://www.dc.sega.jp via SegaBits

Attachments:
Renaissance.jpg
Renaissance.jpg [ 62.42 KiB | Viewed 6992 times ]

Last edited by cube_b3 on Sun Sep 19, 2010 4:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2010 10:33 am 
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Sega is sucks . They killed dreamcast without any real reason and now they want to make money by selling dreamcast games - does it make sence ?! I hope that f/-*ing company will be bankrupt asap .

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2010 10:39 am 
Newsposter
Newsposter

Hoof Aggression, calm down buddy.

Despite everything they supported Dreamcast till 2007 and kept selling refurbished units till 2006.

Also Namco and Capcom have already been profiting off Dreamcast ports on XBLA/PSN, why shouldn't Sega?

Although they are a fucking lazy company Capcom and Namco really gave their games more time in porting, people are pretty upset with Sonic Adventure.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2010 11:43 am 
DCEmu Cool Poster
DCEmu Cool Poster

I wish they ported the real version of Sonic Adventure over to PSN/360. Instead they have to port the crappier DX...

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2010 4:12 pm 
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

I downloaded the demo of sonic adventure just for the hell of it. I hated the character models they used in DX, so freaking shinny, they look so out of place. Besides that they are trying to nickel and dime us by charing 400 pts for the DX version DLC.

I haven't picked up any of the dreamcast games on arcade yet. Though if they put Outtrigger or Alien Front on there, those willb e day one purchases.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2010 10:24 pm 
Newsposter
Newsposter

The biggest problem with the current management at Sega is they are all about quick bucks, I thought it was just Simon Jeffery but these people still don't realize that quick cash-in's hurt the brand name in the long run.

Sonic Adventure shouldn't have been released in it's current state, and given it is 1 of the top 10 Dreamcast games, it is an insult to the system's legacy that the port was so poorly handled.

And yeah I hate DLC, from giving developers chances at fixing and improving the games experience after pressing it has turned into let's suck more money out of the consumer, fortunately the SADX content is crap so no worries?

Wasn't the best SADX content available as free DLC for Dreamcast?

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 2:55 am 
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

cube_b3 wrote:
The biggest problem with the current management at Sega is they are all about quick bucks, I thought it was just Simon Jeffery but these people still don't realize that quick cash-in's hurt the brand name in the long run.

I played PSU so I know this all too well. Sega is all take and no give. We all originally came here cause we loved the sega dreamcast, even with sega's previous fails with the SegaCD and 32X. But looking at the past 10 years, and next potential years, sega worst treatment of the consumer and loyal fans may have come post dreamcast.