Sega of Japan launches Dreamcast Reprint website

This forum is for the posting of new newsposts, and it stores the site's news and comments archives. Only newsposters have access to post new news in here; if you wish to submit news, please post it in the discussion section for your particular topic. We may choose to move it here as a newspost if we find that it's worthy for the front page.
cube_b3
Ex-Newsposter
Ex-Newsposter
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/

Sega of Japan launches Dreamcast Reprint website

Post by cube_b3 »

SEGA of Japan have launched their Dreamcast Reprint site to keep track of Dreamcast games being re-released on XBLA and PSN.

So far the site only has Sonic Adventure and Crazy Taxi listed, earlier second and third party ports such as REZ, Ikaruga, Soul Calibur, Super Street Fighter 2 HD Remix are unsurprisingly not on the list.

The website also has a section of “What’s Next”. So let’s all try and guess what could be next.

Source: http://www.dc.sega.jp via SegaBits
Attachments
Renaissance.jpg
Renaissance.jpg (62.42 KiB) Viewed 7734 times
Last edited by cube_b3 on Sun Sep 19, 2010 6:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Basil
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu
Been thanked: 0

Re: Dreamcast Digital Renaissance Begins

Post by Basil »

Sega is sucks . They killed dreamcast without any real reason and now they want to make money by selling dreamcast games - does it make sence ?! I hope that f/-*ing company will be bankrupt asap .
cube_b3
Ex-Newsposter
Ex-Newsposter

Post by cube_b3 »

Hoof Aggression, calm down buddy.

Despite everything they supported Dreamcast till 2007 and kept selling refurbished units till 2006.

Also Namco and Capcom have already been profiting off Dreamcast ports on XBLA/PSN, why shouldn't Sega?

Although they are a fucking lazy company Capcom and Namco really gave their games more time in porting, people are pretty upset with Sonic Adventure.
Eviltaco64X
DCEmu Ultra Poster
DCEmu Ultra Poster

Post by Eviltaco64X »

I wish they ported the real version of Sonic Adventure over to PSN/360. Instead they have to port the crappier DX...
Nico0020
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life
Has thanked: 0

Post by Nico0020 »

I downloaded the demo of sonic adventure just for the hell of it. I hated the character models they used in DX, so freaking shinny, they look so out of place. Besides that they are trying to nickel and dime us by charing 400 pts for the DX version DLC.

I haven't picked up any of the dreamcast games on arcade yet. Though if they put Outtrigger or Alien Front on there, those willb e day one purchases.
*The Cadillac of signatures*
cube_b3
Ex-Newsposter
Ex-Newsposter

Post by cube_b3 »

The biggest problem with the current management at Sega is they are all about quick bucks, I thought it was just Simon Jeffery but these people still don't realize that quick cash-in's hurt the brand name in the long run.

Sonic Adventure shouldn't have been released in it's current state, and given it is 1 of the top 10 Dreamcast games, it is an insult to the system's legacy that the port was so poorly handled.

And yeah I hate DLC, from giving developers chances at fixing and improving the games experience after pressing it has turned into let's suck more money out of the consumer, fortunately the SADX content is crap so no worries?

Wasn't the best SADX content available as free DLC for Dreamcast?
Nico0020
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life
Has thanked: 0

Post by Nico0020 »

cube_b3 wrote:The biggest problem with the current management at Sega is they are all about quick bucks, I thought it was just Simon Jeffery but these people still don't realize that quick cash-in's hurt the brand name in the long run.
I played PSU so I know this all too well. Sega is all take and no give. We all originally came here cause we loved the sega dreamcast, even with sega's previous fails with the SegaCD and 32X. But looking at the past 10 years, and next potential years, sega worst treatment of the consumer and loyal fans may have come post dreamcast.
*The Cadillac of signatures*