RedSpotGames: An open letter

This forum is for the posting of new newsposts, and it stores the site's news and comments archives. Only newsposters have access to post new news in here; if you wish to submit news, please post it in the discussion section for your particular topic. We may choose to move it here as a newspost if we find that it's worthy for the front page.
cube_b3
Ex-Newsposter
Ex-Newsposter
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/

RedSpotGames: An open letter

Post by cube_b3 »

We contacted RedSpotGames for a comment on their new Xbox 360 game 'Solar Struggle' and whether its release might affect future Dreamcast projects:
Max Scharl wrote:We have been in contact with Z-Software regarding Solar Struggle since 2008 and have had the possibility to publish and promote this title for Xbox Live Indie Games due to the fact that Z-Software seemed to enjoy that we had a refreshing point of view regarding publishing videogames
with the passion we put into it. We're not just another ordinary publisher as you know.

Even the development of independent videogames takes several years from the first concepts to the final release.

To be honest: Wind and Water: Puzzle Battles didn't sell very well and the last two appearances with an own booth at the Games Convention (at this time the largest video game exhibition in Europe) hasn't been very economical. We are 5 people working on publishing Dreamcast games, and we haven't had personal financial benefits at all. It was used to promote Dreamcast games on different exhibitions and events.

Examples:

We don't want to stick on the financial issues when it comes to the decision to join the Solar Struggle team. Definitely not! In our eyes the game is wonderful; this is the game we really wanted to play privately. Also this game is very interesting because it's not really what you await from a title released on Xbox Live Indie Games. It's more like a Xbox Live Arcade game and a lot of efforts went into this production. This seemed to be a new challenging option we wanted to try out. We also have been involved to the development process (e.g. voice recordings) and really enjoyed the new experience of participating directly in the production of a new game.

Please don't forget we have released Rush Rush Rally Racing (thanks to Senile Team’s faith in us) even though we knew that Solar Struggle will come out within a couple of months. We are still Dreamcast enthusiast by heart.

And to come to the final statement: Are we still going to publish Dreamcast games in the future? The answer is definitely "YES"!

As mentioned above, it can take years from the early development to the final product. If you are patient, you may find new Dreamcast releases in your collection soon!
----

Love,
Max Scharl
CEO
We thank RedSpotGames for their commitment to the Dreamcast scene and wish them the best of luck on their future endeavors.

*The Images serve as illustrations and were not part of the open letter.
Attachments
W&W:PB 30% Off
W&W:PB 30% Off
mockup_wnw_re75.jpg (81.48 KiB) Viewed 8448 times
R4 Deluxe Edition
R4 Deluxe Edition
mockup_rrrr_dx.jpg (56.52 KiB) Viewed 8468 times
RedSpotGames logo
RedSpotGames logo
RSG.jpg (2.92 KiB) Viewed 8785 times
Last edited by cube_b3 on Wed Aug 11, 2010 5:26 pm, edited 27 times in total.
cube_b3
Ex-Newsposter
Ex-Newsposter

Re: RedSpotGames: An open letter to the Dreamcast Community

Post by cube_b3 »

Meet the Senile Team at the redspotgames booth / gamescom 2010 As redspotgames announced earlier, the publisher will be at the gamescom 2010 with a booth (A-012, hall 8).
Beside the Chiptune live act "Stern Fucking Zeit" (http://www.redspotgames.com/weitere-inf ... scom-2010/) they revealed today that Roel van Mastbergen and Jeroen van Mastbergen from the Senile Team will be at their booth as well for a "Meet The Developers" on Friday (August 20th) and Saturday (August 21th).
They are coming a long way, so if you want to have a signed Rush Rush Rally Racing from them or just want to have a chat about the production, feel free to come over! The "gamescom" is Europe's largest videogame exhibition - the third largest worldwide, after Tokyo Game Show and E3 - and will be interesting for the community of current, next generation and classic platforms.

According to Nintendo of Europe, the Nintendo 3DS will be presented there as well. The fair takes place in Cologne, Germany, between August 19th to the 22nd.
All the offers/bundles to sell a game that DC owners weren't intrested in:
Attachments
Digital Analog 7
Digital Analog 7
digitalanalog7_rsgflag.jpg (14.4 KiB) Viewed 4173 times
Alchime
Alchime
Alchime.png (65.7 KiB) Viewed 4175 times
Wind And Water Tournament
Wind And Water Tournament
wnw_tournament_04-150x150.jpg (9.62 KiB) Viewed 4182 times
Last edited by cube_b3 on Wed Aug 11, 2010 5:04 pm, edited 10 times in total.
Basil
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu
Been thanked: 0

Post by Basil »

o be honest: Wind and Water: Puzzle Battles didn't sell very well
Because the price is too high for such game type . I`d buy for no more than 15 euro .
We have been in contact with Z-Software regarding Solar Struggle since 2008
Enough time to get it ported to DC or make dc version . Two releases would be great .

No more to say .
cube_b3
Ex-Newsposter
Ex-Newsposter

Post by cube_b3 »

WoW with all the attention Goat is getting lately RSG must be feeling neglected, I mean their Open Letter was posted a day after Goat's Press Release.

No body even cared about the fact that they said they make release a new dreamcast game in the near future.
Last edited by cube_b3 on Wed Aug 11, 2010 10:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
cube_b3
Ex-Newsposter
Ex-Newsposter

Post by cube_b3 »

I am getting extremly bored talking to myself in this thread, I've received another letter from Max Scharl related to GamesCom since I am writing my own feature about Dreamcast and GamesCom I do not feel the need to post it on the main page.

^^^^^ So I just shoved it into my 2nd post in this thread.

Edit: The completely random mention of the Nintendo 3DS is proof enough that RSG & Senile Team are revealing their next project as a game for the 3DS, also RSG's booth is adjacent to Nintendo and opposite Microsoft, how convenient.
Basil
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Basil »

I am getting extremly bored talking to myself in this thread
Because there is nothing to talk about . RSG is getting away from dreamcast . I hoped that they announce fast striker at least but still nothing . Anyway i still visit their web page looking for something dc related ...
DCDayDreamer
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected
Has thanked: 0

Post by DCDayDreamer »

cube_b3 wrote:WoW with all the attention Goat is getting lately RSG must be feeling neglected, I mean their Open Letter was posted a day after Goat's Press Release.
To be perfectly honest, it doesn't seem to be an 'open' letter at all because there's no source link. Then there's the fact that the whole thread is starting to look like some sort of RSG advertising campaign.
Across the Universe
cube_b3
Ex-Newsposter
Ex-Newsposter

Post by cube_b3 »

How can their be a source link to an email that was sent to me?

This is a DC Emulation exclusive, and Christ and Bluecrab can attest to the fact that it was indeed mailed to us, however I encourage you to contact RSG and ask them if they gave us an open letter.

I have a strong relationship with Max Scharl, he is my mentor in the context of wikipedia and we've been in regular contact since the DCS days, hence I've posted the second letter.
Basil wrote:
I am getting extremly bored talking to myself in this thread
Because there is nothing to talk about . RSG is getting away from dreamcast . I hoped that they announce fast striker at least but still nothing . Anyway i still visit their web page looking for something dc related ...
It may not be published by RSG, although stay tuned I will be making a news post regarding NG:DevTeam shortly ;)
DCDayDreamer
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected
Has thanked: 0

Post by DCDayDreamer »

cube_b3 wrote:How can their be a source link to an email that was sent to me?

This is a DC Emulation exclusive, and Christ and Bluecrab can attest to the fact that it was indeed mailed to us, however I encourage you to contact RSG and ask them if they gave us an open letter.
There's no need for me to contact RSG, I just didn't know it was an email message.
Across the Universe
cube_b3
Ex-Newsposter
Ex-Newsposter

Post by cube_b3 »

Aaah, well in the Solar Struggle news post I wrote we've sent an email to RSG but that was moved to Gaming Forum, so probably that's why.

So do you think they will announce a game for 3DS now.