Perfect Dark XBLA

General purpose discussion about gaming and emulation.
pixel
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/

Perfect Dark XBLA

Post by pixel »

Has anyone downloaded this yet? I have – and I've got admit – it's a lot more fun without that N64 controller.

But, I wish I could turn off the damn auto-center! I want to be able to free look without having the reticule recentering itself.
mrandyk
DCEmu Mega Poster
DCEmu Mega Poster
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Perfect Dark XBLA

Post by mrandyk »

Well I cant say that it is more enjoyable without the n64 controller, it is exactly what a remake of a classic should be though.
Skynet
DCEmu T-800
DCEmu T-800

Post by Skynet »

Played the hell out of it. Played a shitload of multiplayer. Finished the game on Agent, finished Mr Blonde's Revenge on Agent. Finished Duel on Agent and Special Agent. I would like to play more single but I spend heaps of time in multiplayer.

As for 360 controller > N64 controller, I'm not sure. With a good N64 controller that didn't have a crappy analogue stick, I liked it. I'd say it's a good step up to the 360 one, but no other controller could have done the game justice at the time.
Live gamertag: SKYNET211

Steam gamertag: SkynetT800
melancholy
DCEmu's Ace Attorney
DCEmu's Ace Attorney

Post by melancholy »

It frustrates me to no end in the same way Bioshock annoyed me: there is no southpaw option. In fact, this one pisses me off more than Bioshock because the original game was southpaw on the N64. It's a stupid easy feature for them to add and the fact that they left it out has all but completely killed the game for me.
Nico0020
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by Nico0020 »

been playing the hell out of the game. Love it just as I did before, though deaths seem to be a lot faster in multiplayer than I remember.

Though yes, the lack of southpaw pisses me off ( same thing with bioshock but I coped). Southpaw is not just for lefties, I'm right handed and can aim so much better in games using southpaw. Rare posted on their twitter they are looking into adding more control configs to the game, but "no promises" as A LOT of people are pissed off. Besides southpaw the game also needs legacy support, as thats what the game was originally designed for anyways. Hopefully it will all get resolved.

Me and three friends finished nearly all the challenges, but damn some of those get insanely hard.
*The Cadillac of signatures*
impetus
Team Screamcast
Team Screamcast

Post by impetus »

Welp, I jumped onto Xbox Live with my new Perfect Dark avatar award (shirt) only to see that you guys were all wearing it already.
pixel
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by pixel »

mrandyk wrote:Well I cant say that it is more enjoyable without the n64 controller, it is exactly what a remake of a classic should be though.
For more, it was always a challenge to aim and move with the same analog stick. I still remember the first time I played Halo. It was a religious experience (in terms of controls).
melancholy
DCEmu's Ace Attorney
DCEmu's Ace Attorney

Post by melancholy »

It's just funny because the reason I'm so adjusted to Southpaw controls is because of the countless hours I spent playing games like Perfect Dark, Turok, and Goldeneye. And now the port of the game that has trained me on that setup doesn't even feature it.
mrandyk
DCEmu Mega Poster
DCEmu Mega Poster

Post by mrandyk »

Isnt the default control scheme called classic? What in the hell is classic about it? Every button has a different function than it originally did. They switched the shoulder buttons, changed secondary fire button, action button moved, reload button not the same as action anymore, change weapons button was split in two and placed away from its original position, and you have to use both analog sticks. Can they really call that classic? I really wouldve liked it if they wouldve ignored the top and right (y and b? lost track of button names after snes) buttons like it really was back then.
Nico0020
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by Nico0020 »

well they have submitted the patch to MS that allows for southpaw, legacy, more sensitivity changes to the control setup. Plus fixes for a lot of other glitches. Matchmaking will also have a "pro" hopper with no autoaim/radar. I am holding off on doing Perfect Agent till this patch comes out so I can do it without autoaim and get one of my missing awards.
impetus
Team Screamcast
Team Screamcast

Post by impetus »

Nico0020
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by Nico0020 »

was about to post a reminder, but seems i was beat to it. I'll check it out tomorrow afternoon, im excited. Gonna start my Perfect Agent run with no autoaim for my award.
melancholy
DCEmu's Ace Attorney
DCEmu's Ace Attorney

Post by melancholy »

About time. I bought this game on it's release day and haven't even played it outside of the Carrington Institute because I was waiting for this update.