Phone of the decade?

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.

Which is the best?

Motorola Droid
27%
MyTouch 3G
18%
Apple iPhone
55%
Palm Pre
No votes
BlackBerry Storm 2
No votes

Total votes: 11
AuroEdge
DCEmu Mega Poster
DCEmu Mega Poster
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Phone of the decade?

Post by AuroEdge »

I wish I could wait 6 months to see if Verizon is actually getting the iPhone. I'm finished with crappy carriers and am willing to spend the extra $10-$20 a month to know I'll always have a signal. Once the funds become available I'll likely be getting a Moto Droid.
"The only difference between the Democrats and the Republicans is
that the Democrats allow the poor to be corrupt, too." -Oscar Levant
DaMadFiddler
Team Screamcast
Team Screamcast

Post by DaMadFiddler »

AuroEdge wrote:I wish I could wait 6 months to see if Verizon is actually getting the iPhone.
That's what I'm doing. My contract with Helio is up in March, and I'm planning to just keep my Ocean month-to-month until summer in hopes of a Verizon iPhone. I've been rather disappointed in the Ocean (Helio had decent plans, but the hardware was somewhat lacking), and now that Helio has been bought out by Virgin Mobile, it's even less appealing to stay on. Verizon has the best coverage in my area (Sprint is okay, AT&T is kind of spotty, and T-Mobile is all but useless), and there have been rumors floating around for some time that the next round of iPhone hardware would include a model for Verizon.

I'm pretty heavily invested in the Apple platform at this point, and while the iPhone's interface (particularly app management) is a little too simplistic for its own good (it's only a step or so above managing Wii channels), the applications themselves are well thought out and very easy to use, and the large catalog of apps is certainly welcome. Still can't understand why they won't let Adobe release a version of Flash for the iPhone, though.
Zealous zerotype
zerotype

Post by Zealous zerotype »

ipizzle
SCO=SCUM=M$=SCO it keeps repeating :P
i'm a randite :worship:
DYTDMFBSB?
There must have been some mistake
I'm not the one who should be saved
My divinity has been denied
Mary and me were both fucked by God
anal=probe
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by anal=probe »

I have the Sprint Hero and like it a lot. You can get it for Verizon too called the Droid Eris. It's on Android 1.5 but has HTC Sense which has extra screens and nice widgets. It has pinch to zoom on the browser like iPhone and supposedly the GPS that was exclusive to the Droid and Android 2.0 you can also get on older Android versions now. You will eventually be able to put Android 2.0 on it.

I paid $180 for the phone and my plan is less than $70 a month with unlimited SMS and data. I think the Droid Eris is only like $100 bucks but you will pay more for the cheapest compatible Verizon plan and it will cost you more in the long run.

The Hero on screen keyboard is nice and easy once you calibrate it. I think the Droid is kinda big and bulky. I looked into the Samsung Moment because of the nice processor but it had a really weird keyboard with the space as part of the letters and it did not have HTC Sense. The only sort of con is that the Hero has no flash.
AuroEdge
DCEmu Mega Poster
DCEmu Mega Poster

Post by AuroEdge »

I went ahead and got the Droid by Motorla for Verizon. It does what I want it to and then some so I guess I won out.
"The only difference between the Democrats and the Republicans is
that the Democrats allow the poor to be corrupt, too." -Oscar Levant