DCEmulation

The Dreamcast Homebrew Community Online
Back to main site
It is currently Wed Aug 20, 2014 7:23 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 67 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: DC Dev ISO R4
PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 3:51 pm 
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

I messed up my Dreamcast environment again so I installed the new R4 version. I noticed that kmg.h is no longer in the C:\cygwin\usr\local\dc\kos\kos\addons\include\kos directory anymore. What happened to it?

NVM Found it in the kos-ports\include\kmg directory

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 11:50 pm 
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Simple fix for kmgenc to output ARGB1555, ARGB4444, and RGB565 instead of just ARGB4444. If you release another iso in the future you can find the source in this zip in the ..\DCMappy\kmgenc\kmgenc directory.

EDIT: Did a small update on Quzar's screenshot.c by adding .BMP output support and optional compression(.gz) support. If you want to add that to KOS you can download it here.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 4:01 am 
DCEmu Cool Newbie
DCEmu Cool Newbie

Hello,

I downloaded the DC dev r4 and installed everything on my computer.

Then, in the extra folder I followed the setup to create a DC project under Code Blocks. When I create a new DC project, everything seems fine. I would like to use the SDl port on Dreamcast so I include "SDL/SDl.h" which should work (it's the way the compiler is defined).

However, everytime I use a function related to SDL (SD_Init etc.) I get the error "undefined reference to SDL_Init" for example.

I didn't manage to fix it up, so I call for your help!
Thanks in advance.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 2:39 pm 
Damn Dirty Ape
Damn Dirty Ape

Including the header files isn't enough. You also need to link with the SDL library, or you'll get that error when the linker doesn't know what SDL_Init means.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 4:28 am 
DC Developer
DC Developer

-lSDL_129 could work

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 12:45 pm 
DCEmu Cool Newbie
DCEmu Cool Newbie

Hi,

Alright, I included the SDL library. However I get 3 very very peculiar errors...

1) In function SDL_InitSubSystem, "undefined reference to _getenv"
2) In function SDL_SetError, "undefined reference to _getenv"
3) In finction DC_PumpEvents, "undefined reference to ___moustr_i1_odd"

If I try with the library SDL_129 I just get the same 3 errors...It's annoying because it looks like everything is working fine except SDL...
I found a tuto to create a DC project on devc++ but I'm used to CodeBlocks and I want to use it!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 8:04 am 
DC Developer
DC Developer

You should just compile with cygwin or linux and the "make" command you will get less errors, I do it that way but to manage the project and edit the code I use codeblocks.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 4:50 am 
DCEmu Cool Newbie
DCEmu Cool Newbie

Alright....I need a makefile then. Don't know how to create one...I 'll look for some informations

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 4:54 pm 
Damn Dirty Ape
Damn Dirty Ape

shametblame wrote:
Alright....I need a makefile then. Don't know how to create one...I 'll look for some informations

Check in the example programs that come with KOS and you should be able to get the hang of editing a makefile for your program.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2009 4:42 pm 
DC Developer
DC Developer

I must be completely inept! If I understand correctly, I should download the rar, extract the cdi, burn it to a disc (with discjuggler) and then browse the disc for an installation program...

I get nothing but coasters (zero size discs) even though the burns completed successfully. Please Help?!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2009 7:09 pm 
DC Developer
DC Developer

Use BootDreams to burn it (just drag DDEr4.cdi to BootDream's gooey).
There's Autorun.inf on the disc... no browsing is really necessary.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 12:53 am 
DC Developer
DC Developer

Thanks! It worked.

Edit: I've used linux/BSD with a manually-configured toolchain, but this is simply an amazing package! I'm glad I finally tried it. Thanks again.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 10:37 am 

The download link is dead :|

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 12:57 pm 
DC Developer
DC Developer

Fixed, sorry about it.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 3:30 pm 
DC Developer
DC Developer

The Makaron that's with DDEr4 doesn't have Command Line support. If you guys need command line support use RunMak.7z. Off the top of my head, I don't remember what version I included of Makaron in DDEr4, but the latest update (12) has command line implementation. :)

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 11:56 am 
DCEmu Cool Newbie
DCEmu Cool Newbie

Hi everyone!

I'm having some strange problems with KallistiOs.
In fact, I'm doing a game on Dreamcast using the SDL port by CHUI. I installed everything with DC DEV ISO R4 and I work with CodeBlocks.

I just can't load a png file. I'm able to load other formats (bitmap, jpeg etc) but when I try with a png, nothing happens. I don't get any error or anything but the sprite just won't blit on the screen.

At first, I thought the SDL port did not support png files. But then i did some inquiry and found some examples it did work!!

Then I realised something else: when I compile myself any of the examples found in Cygwin, i just get a black screen on my Dreamcast. What does it mean? When I use a bin file already compiled however, it does work in my Dreamcast.

It seems that I have a compilation problem. Has it already happended to anyone?

Thanks

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 12:33 am 
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Do none of the examples compile anymore? I'm using the latest 677 and whenever I try to compile to test the installation, I'm receiving this:

Code:
$ make
rm -f hello.elf romdisk.*
kos-cc  -c hello.c -o hello.o
In file included from /usr/local/dc/sh-elf/lib/gcc/sh-elf/3.4.6/../../../../sh-elf/include/sys/reent.h:
                 from /usr/local/dc/sh-elf/lib/gcc/sh-elf/3.4.6/../../../../sh-elf/include/stdio.h:45,
                 from /usr/local/dc/kos/kos/include/kos.h:31,
                 from hello.c:7:
/usr/local/dc/kos/kos/include/sys/_types.h:78: error: syntax error before "_flock_t"
In file included from /usr/local/dc/sh-elf/lib/gcc/sh-elf/3.4.6/../../../../sh-elf/include/stdio.h:45,
                 from /usr/local/dc/kos/kos/include/kos.h:31,
                 from hello.c:7:
/usr/local/dc/sh-elf/lib/gcc/sh-elf/3.4.6/../../../../sh-elf/include/sys/reent.h:203: error: syntax err
or before "_flock_t"
/usr/local/dc/sh-elf/lib/gcc/sh-elf/3.4.6/../../../../sh-elf/include/sys/reent.h:607: error: field `__s
f' has incomplete type
make: *** [hello.o] Error 1

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 6:56 pm 
The Crabby Overlord
The Crabby Overlord

Some changes that have been made to KOS since the last time the DC Dev ISO has been updated make the current SVN version incompatible with the toolchain as it is compiled. In fact, as of r657, a newer version of Newlib than the ISO provides (specifically, at least 1.15.0) is required (as the commit message for r662 says). If you don't want to update Newlib, then just svn update to r656 (yes, you can go backwards easily), and use that until you decide to update Newlib.

If you update Newlib (which means you should be recompiling the whole toolchain, basically), everything should work just fine.

If you're going to try doing that, here's what I'm using currently:
GCC 4.4.4
Binutils 2.20.1
Newlib 1.18.0

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 11:47 pm 
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

If I install DC Dev ISO R4 as is and update to the KOS directory to the latest revision, what do I need to download and what do I need to do to have usable versions of GCC 4.4.4, Binutils 2.20.1 and Newlib 1.18.0? How do I update the toolchain?

Edit: I thought I'd have to download the source and compile each of the libraries, but the Cygwin had a relatively up-to-date GCC 4.5.0 and binutils. gcc -dumpversion from the console shows the compiler is at 4.5.0, so everything looks OK there. I tried recompiling KOS but I received the same _flock error.

Here is the error:

Quote:
kos-c++ -c mem.cc -o mem.o
In file included from /usr/local/dc/sh-elf/lib/gcc/sh-elf/3.4.6/../../../../sh-elf/include/sys/reent.h: 14,
from /usr/local/dc/sh-elf/lib/gcc/sh-elf/3.4.6/../../../../sh-elf/include/stdio.h:45,
from mem.cc:10:
/usr/local/dc/kos/kos/include/sys/_types.h:78: error: `__newlib_recursive_lock_t' does not name a type
In file included from /usr/local/dc/sh-elf/lib/gcc/sh-elf/3.4.6/../../../../sh-elf/include/stdio.h:45,
from mem.cc:10:
/usr/local/dc/sh-elf/lib/gcc/sh-elf/3.4.6/../../../../sh-elf/include/sys/reent.h:203: error: `_flock_t' does not name a type

It appears the problem is in the usr/local/dc/sh-elf section. How do you update that area?

Edit 2: It looks like I need to be in /utils/dc-chain/ to rebuild the sh-elf / arm-elf sections. What do I type? When I run make from there, it asks me to specify files.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 11:11 pm 
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

I've made it to the second pass of SH-ELF, but now I'm getting this same exact error (using either Cygwin or MinGW) (__gthrw(sched_yield)) : link.

Would someone who's compiled with 4.4.4/5 please post their primary makefile. Am I supposed to be using the "POSIX" thread model for everything? I found one makefile where someone used "KOS" for SH and "POSIX" for the ARM toolchain.

Note: For anyone compiling binutils 2.20.1, you have to edit the primary makefile and change "install_libbfd" to just "install". The former name is not used anymore.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 67 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next