Dual Shock/ Right Hand Analog Stick For Dreamcast?

Discuss modifications you have done or plan to do to your Dreamcast or any other hardware, or discuss devices you want to build. If your console does not work or is acting up, ask about fixing it in here.
IiLuSiv
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Dual Shock/ Right Hand Analog Stick For Dreamcast?

Post by IiLuSiv »

I've been playing Gundam for Dreamcast. This is a great game, but it would be easier to control with a right mounted joystick and a left moutned d-pad with the buttons the inverse of the controller.

Has anyone done a mod like this, tutorial, related thread or link? With a mod like this, some nigh unplayable dreamcast games could be saved. Gundam would be greatly enhanced, virtual on would be effectively saved...there are probably more...most of the fps games.
I have a secret...
you
got
punkd
lo

ser
losinggeneration
DC Developer
DC Developer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Dual Shock/ Right Hand Analog Stick For Dreamcast?

Post by losinggeneration »

Wouldn't be easy very easy IMO & probably error prone. I'm not saying don't try, but I just get the feeling you won't have much good luck with said mod (I too have thought about it, and didn't come up with any kind of easy way to do it.)
spinksy
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Re: Dual Shock/ Right Hand Analog Stick For Dreamcast?

Post by spinksy »

Ive been thinking about doing this - would make many game so much easier with a controller.

When I've finished overclocking my Dreamcast I'm going to have a go at trying.......
Dreamcast, it's still thinking.

Over-clocked : Dreamcast currently running at 240Mhz (switchable)

Internal VGA, extra cooling fans, disc activity LED, SD card reader done :-)

Dreamcast HD wanted