DIY: USB to DC serial connector

This forum is for the posting of new newsposts, and it stores the site's news and comments archives. Only newsposters have access to post new news in here; if you wish to submit news, please post it in the discussion section for your particular topic. We may choose to move it here as a newspost if we find that it's worthy for the front page.
Juan
DCEmu Commie
DCEmu Commie
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/

DIY: USB to DC serial connector

Post by Juan »

Makaron's author Deunan has posted a tutorial on his blog on how to make a cheap connector to link your Dreamcast with a PC, especially for those coders who can't get a hold of a BBA.

Deunan wrote:So, does it work? Hell yes, on 3 Dreamcasts already. Same technique in every case. Works like a charm up to 1.5Mbps too. Just keep the wires to FT chip as short as possible (already long board traces and protective RC elements not helping any). If you have problems with higher speeds you can try using 5V instead of 3.3V for I/O. I belive this to be pretty safe (run it for hours on my Dreamcasts) but make no guarantees.
You can find detailed steps on how to make your own here.
Jae686
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: DIY: USB to DC serial connector

Post by Jae686 »

I've read his guide and I dont really like this method though. (although what matters is that it works).