Games that could have been on the Dreamcast

Discussion of topics related to licensed games, software hacking/modification, prototypes, and development kits belongs here. Includes topics related to emulating the Dreamcast console on your computer or on another gaming console. Discussion of Reicast should go in the Official Reicast Forum.
Sultan of Saturn
DCEmu Ex-Mod
DCEmu Ex-Mod
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Games that could have been on the Dreamcast

Post by Sultan of Saturn »

Although many have placed petitions for games and sequels to come out on the Dreamcast, I was surprised to read how many games that came out and are still coming out on the Naomi have left the DC behind for the "greener" pastures despite how easy a port would be. Looking at System 16 as a guide, we have:

Dynamite Deka EX (2006) - Sega's follow up to Dynamite Cop 2

Exzeal (2007) - Triangle Services follow up to Trizeal...how needy they were for Dreamcast fans only to just hit and run with just one game...this game and Trizeal available in Japan for the 360

Illmatic Envelope (2008) - Milestone's follow up to Chaos Field, Karous, and Radilgy two late swan song shooters for the Dreamcast found a new console home on the Wii

Mamonoro (2008) - G-Rev known for their gems of Border Down and Under Defeat still had more fuel for the Naomi machine but kept on trucking past the Dreamcast.

Meltyblood Series - The Type Moon fighting game series that Sega would publish on the PS2 could have had quite a few releases on the Dreamcast if Sega only had the sense.

Mushiking series - Sega's smash hit...don't know much about the arcade games - any info?

Guilty Gear Series - so many sequels to Guilty Gear X that have continued on other systems that should have been at home on the Dreamcast.

Monkeyball (2001) - Perhaps it was Sega's way of saying that it was time for a change and a game for a new system, but even NCSX was expecting the game to come out on the Dreamcast. Instead it found it's home on every system during the last generation except for the Dreamcast.

Senko no Ronde (2005) - G-Rev's other naomi game that everybody thought would make a Dreamcast release sailed on to the 360 and even to the US by Ubisoft with the release of Wartech: Senko no Ronde with goofy box art and one of the first games to become a budget game to pick up for the next-gen.

Now this is not every single naomi/naomi gd-rom game that has come out since the official demise of the Dreamcast, but it was rather some of the more notable ones that could have been a good option for multi-console release that would have included the Dreamcast. If anybody knows of others, please add them on!
Formerly Known As "Chalavet".....
Nico0020
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life
Has thanked: 0

Re: Games that could have been on the Dreamcast

Post by Nico0020 »

Senko no Ronde (2005) - G-Rev's other naomi game that everybody thought would make a Dreamcast release sailed on to the 360 and even to the US by Ubisoft with the release of Wartech: Senko no Ronde with goofy box art and one of the first games to become a budget game to pick up for the next-gen.
I was really hoping this was going to make its way to our console. But my best friend and I did pick it up pretty quick after it came out. Nice 20 bucks game, I really need to play it more. The online AFAIK was pretty broken, as least last time I tried it.
*The Cadillac of signatures*
cube_b3
Ex-Newsposter
Ex-Newsposter

Re: Games that could have been on the Dreamcast

Post by cube_b3 »

I guess the only true loss was Monkey Ball!