The Funny Political Pictures Thread

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
Post Reply
User avatar
Stormwatch
DCEmu Fan
DCEmu Fan
Posts: 2090
Joined: Thu Jul 04, 2002 11:55 pm
Location: Brazil
Contact:

Re: The Funny Political Pictures Thread

Post by Stormwatch » Wed Feb 27, 2008 1:44 am

DaMadFiddler wrote:Image
When did Steve Ballmer get into politics?!
Lines join in faint discord and the Stormwatch brews
. . a concert of Kings as the white sea snaps
. . at the heels of a soft prayer
. . whispered
User avatar
|darc|
DCEmu Webmaster
DCEmu Webmaster
Posts: 16075
Joined: Wed Mar 14, 2001 6:00 pm
Location: New Orleans, LA
Contact:

Re: The Funny Political Pictures Thread

Post by |darc| » Thu May 29, 2008 10:01 am

cuntry.jpg
cuntry.jpg (168.54 KiB) Viewed 2321 times
It's thinking...
Jeeba Jabba
Jeeba Jabba
Posts: 9102
Joined: Tue Oct 16, 2001 7:00 am
Location: New Orleans, Louisiana
Contact:

Re: The Funny Political Pictures Thread

Post by Jeeba Jabba » Sun Jun 01, 2008 9:49 pm

HAHAHAHA
Image
"He who cannot draw on 3,000 years is living hand-to-mouth." -Goethe
User avatar
AgentGreen
More like GAY-gentGreen
More like GAY-gentGreen
Posts: 2706
Joined: Mon Apr 07, 2003 6:59 pm
Location: Waiting in the sky
Contact:

Re: The Funny Political Pictures Thread

Post by AgentGreen » Tue Jun 03, 2008 8:43 pm

I'd want that shirt if I really liked country music...


...Well I do, but when you say "Country Music" people automatically assume you mean some of these modern day hacks that all sound the same and sing about beer and trucks...
Image
User avatar
|darc|
DCEmu Webmaster
DCEmu Webmaster
Posts: 16075
Joined: Wed Mar 14, 2001 6:00 pm
Location: New Orleans, LA
Contact:

Re: The Funny Political Pictures Thread

Post by |darc| » Mon Sep 29, 2008 10:55 pm

Image
It's thinking...
User avatar
Eviltaco64X
DCEmu Mega Poster
DCEmu Mega Poster
Posts: 1602
Joined: Wed Jun 25, 2008 7:12 pm

Re: The Funny Political Pictures Thread

Post by Eviltaco64X » Tue Sep 30, 2008 2:43 pm

Kinda old, but still funny:

Image
User avatar
melancholy
DCEmu's Ace Attorney
DCEmu's Ace Attorney
Posts: 10964
Joined: Mon Nov 26, 2001 12:34 am
Location: Indiana

Re: The Funny Political Pictures Thread

Post by melancholy » Tue Sep 30, 2008 3:56 pm

Twix and Spatula ROFL
User avatar
hearld500
DCEmu Ultra Fan
DCEmu Ultra Fan
Posts: 3061
Joined: Mon Apr 21, 2003 8:33 pm
Location: In a van, down by the river.

Re: The Funny Political Pictures Thread

Post by hearld500 » Wed Oct 01, 2008 2:57 pm

.
Attachments
3546.jpg
3546.jpg (324.19 KiB) Viewed 2167 times
Ex-Cyber
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life
Posts: 3641
Joined: Sat Feb 16, 2002 1:55 pm

Re: The Funny Political Pictures Thread

Post by Ex-Cyber » Sat Oct 18, 2008 6:01 pm

Image
"You know, I have a great, wonderful, really original method of teaching antitrust law, and it kept 80 percent of the students awake. They learned things. It was fabulous." -- Justice Stephen Breyer
OneThirty8
Damn Dirty Ape
Damn Dirty Ape
Posts: 5031
Joined: Thu Nov 07, 2002 11:11 pm
Location: Saugerties, NY

Re: The Funny Political Pictures Thread

Post by OneThirty8 » Sat Oct 18, 2008 9:24 pm

User avatar
hearld500
DCEmu Ultra Fan
DCEmu Ultra Fan
Posts: 3061
Joined: Mon Apr 21, 2003 8:33 pm
Location: In a van, down by the river.

Re: The Funny Political Pictures Thread

Post by hearld500 » Sun Oct 26, 2008 10:34 pm

Image
Ex-Cyber
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life
Posts: 3641
Joined: Sat Feb 16, 2002 1:55 pm

Re: The Funny Political Pictures Thread

Post by Ex-Cyber » Mon Oct 27, 2008 2:48 pm

"You know, I have a great, wonderful, really original method of teaching antitrust law, and it kept 80 percent of the students awake. They learned things. It was fabulous." -- Justice Stephen Breyer
User avatar
toastman
Iron Fist of Justice
Iron Fist of Justice
Posts: 4933
Joined: Sat Nov 10, 2001 3:08 am
Location: New Orleans
Contact:

Re: The Funny Political Pictures Thread

Post by toastman » Fri Nov 14, 2008 10:56 pm

OneThirty8 wrote:Image
http://www.mccaincomics.com
Soooo, being a Democrat and voting for McCain automatically makes you a racist.
Way to be bigoted OneThirty8. I'm actually ashamed of you right now.

I didn't vote for Obama either. Because he voted yes to give a $700bn blank check to Henry Paulson. Because he wants to get rid of secret ballot elections for Unions (the misnamed "Employee Free Choice Act"). Because he is a collection of sound bites in a suit who is for the same old policies as all big party politicians.
No signature.
User avatar
|darc|
DCEmu Webmaster
DCEmu Webmaster
Posts: 16075
Joined: Wed Mar 14, 2001 6:00 pm
Location: New Orleans, LA
Contact:

Re: The Funny Political Pictures Thread

Post by |darc| » Fri Nov 14, 2008 11:03 pm

toastman wrote:I didn't vote for Obama either.
Who did you vote for?
It's thinking...
OneThirty8
Damn Dirty Ape
Damn Dirty Ape
Posts: 5031
Joined: Thu Nov 07, 2002 11:11 pm
Location: Saugerties, NY

Re: The Funny Political Pictures Thread

Post by OneThirty8 » Sat Nov 15, 2008 4:12 pm

toastman wrote:
OneThirty8 wrote:Image
http://www.mccaincomics.com
Soooo, being a Democrat and voting for McCain automatically makes you a racist.
Way to be bigoted OneThirty8. I'm actually ashamed of you right now.

I didn't vote for Obama either. Because he voted yes to give a $700bn blank check to Henry Paulson. Because he wants to get rid of secret ballot elections for Unions (the misnamed "Employee Free Choice Act"). Because he is a collection of sound bites in a suit who is for the same old policies as all big party politicians.
Soooo, finding that picture funny makes me a bigot. You do still understand how humor works, right? Sometimes, you make an over-the-top statement to make a point. For example, saying that Democrats for McCain are all automatically racist is obviously over the top. I'm sure that at least two or three of those five people actually had other reasons for supporting McCain (horny men who think Palin is attractive suggested to me that I was an idiot for supporting a ticket with two dudes on it), but most Democrats would have been hard-pressed to find a good reason to vote for McCain.
User avatar
toastman
Iron Fist of Justice
Iron Fist of Justice
Posts: 4933
Joined: Sat Nov 10, 2001 3:08 am
Location: New Orleans
Contact:

Re: The Funny Political Pictures Thread

Post by toastman » Thu Nov 20, 2008 8:15 pm

OneThirty8 wrote:
toastman wrote:
OneThirty8 wrote:Image
http://www.mccaincomics.com
Soooo, being a Democrat and voting for McCain automatically makes you a racist.
Way to be bigoted OneThirty8. I'm actually ashamed of you right now.

I didn't vote for Obama either. Because he voted yes to give a $700bn blank check to Henry Paulson. Because he wants to get rid of secret ballot elections for Unions (the misnamed "Employee Free Choice Act"). Because he is a collection of sound bites in a suit who is for the same old policies as all big party politicians.
Soooo, finding that picture funny makes me a bigot. You do still understand how humor works, right? Sometimes, you make an over-the-top statement to make a point. For example, saying that Democrats for McCain are all automatically racist is obviously over the top. I'm sure that at least two or three of those five people actually had other reasons for supporting McCain (horny men who think Palin is attractive suggested to me that I was an idiot for supporting a ticket with two dudes on it), but most Democrats would have been hard-pressed to find a good reason to vote for McCain.
On some level, yes it does. There is nothing inherently funny in calling someone a racist for no reason (or the wrong reason). The only point it makes is that the person who made the image is willing to make wild accusations to vilify someone they don't know. It's not over the top, it's just meaningless. There's no commentary there. They haven't found anything to actually comment on. They just figured this guy is a Democrat, he should vote party ticket, but he's voting for McCain, McCain is white, Obama is black, he must be racist, because only racists won't vote for Obama.

Now while most of those statements are true, but the last is pure, biased conjecture. It's as racist a thought as not voting for Obama based on race. It's a very subtle form of racism that quells all meaningful discussion as we will soon be unable to criticize anyone who also happens to be a minority.

The only humor I see in that picture is the humor in someone being so blinded by their loyalty that they kneejerk label people based on a political choice.


Darc, I voted for Nader. At least he has demonstrably done stuff to better the lives of the American public. He was on the same side I was on most issues. I felt he genuinely wanted the presidency to do good for the nation rather than to have the presidency.

Because both Democrats and Republicans exist only to win elections. Not to serve, not to push agendas, but just to win elections.
No signature.
User avatar
pixel
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Posts: 4957
Joined: Mon Jun 24, 2002 10:52 am
Contact:

Re: The Funny Political Pictures Thread

Post by pixel » Fri Nov 21, 2008 12:11 am

toastman wrote:
OneThirty8 wrote:
toastman wrote:
OneThirty8 wrote:Image
http://www.mccaincomics.com
Soooo, being a Democrat and voting for McCain automatically makes you a racist.
Way to be bigoted OneThirty8. I'm actually ashamed of you right now.

I didn't vote for Obama either. Because he voted yes to give a $700bn blank check to Henry Paulson. Because he wants to get rid of secret ballot elections for Unions (the misnamed "Employee Free Choice Act"). Because he is a collection of sound bites in a suit who is for the same old policies as all big party politicians.
Soooo, finding that picture funny makes me a bigot. You do still understand how humor works, right? Sometimes, you make an over-the-top statement to make a point. For example, saying that Democrats for McCain are all automatically racist is obviously over the top. I'm sure that at least two or three of those five people actually had other reasons for supporting McCain (horny men who think Palin is attractive suggested to me that I was an idiot for supporting a ticket with two dudes on it), but most Democrats would have been hard-pressed to find a good reason to vote for McCain.
On some level, yes it does. There is nothing inherently funny in calling someone a racist for no reason (or the wrong reason). The only point it makes is that the person who made the image is willing to make wild accusations to vilify someone they don't know. It's not over the top, it's just meaningless. There's no commentary there. They haven't found anything to actually comment on. They just figured this guy is a Democrat, he should vote party ticket, but he's voting for McCain, McCain is white, Obama is black, he must be racist, because only racists won't vote for Obama.

Now while most of those statements are true, but the last is pure, biased conjecture. It's as racist a thought as not voting for Obama based on race. It's a very subtle form of racism that quells all meaningful discussion as we will soon be unable to criticize anyone who also happens to be a minority.

The only humor I see in that picture is the humor in someone being so blinded by their loyalty that they kneejerk label people based on a political choice.


Darc, I voted for Nader. At least he has demonstrably done stuff to better the lives of the American public. He was on the same side I was on most issues. I felt he genuinely wanted the presidency to do good for the nation rather than to have the presidency.

Because both Democrats and Republicans exist only to win elections. Not to serve, not to push agendas, but just to win elections.
… … LOL WUT
User avatar
Quzar
Dream Coder
Dream Coder
Posts: 7474
Joined: Wed Jul 31, 2002 12:14 am
Location: Miami, FL
Contact:

Re: The Funny Political Pictures Thread

Post by Quzar » Fri Nov 21, 2008 5:13 am

I'm having flashbacks to when toast was put in charge of null.
"When you post fewer lines of text than your signature, consider not posting at all." - A Wise Man
Jeeba Jabba
Jeeba Jabba
Posts: 9102
Joined: Tue Oct 16, 2001 7:00 am
Location: New Orleans, Louisiana
Contact:

Re: The Funny Political Pictures Thread

Post by Jeeba Jabba » Fri Nov 21, 2008 12:47 pm

toastman wrote:
OneThirty8 wrote:
toastman wrote:
OneThirty8 wrote:Image
http://www.mccaincomics.com
Soooo, being a Democrat and voting for McCain automatically makes you a racist.
Way to be bigoted OneThirty8. I'm actually ashamed of you right now.

I didn't vote for Obama either. Because he voted yes to give a $700bn blank check to Henry Paulson. Because he wants to get rid of secret ballot elections for Unions (the misnamed "Employee Free Choice Act"). Because he is a collection of sound bites in a suit who is for the same old policies as all big party politicians.
Soooo, finding that picture funny makes me a bigot. You do still understand how humor works, right? Sometimes, you make an over-the-top statement to make a point. For example, saying that Democrats for McCain are all automatically racist is obviously over the top. I'm sure that at least two or three of those five people actually had other reasons for supporting McCain (horny men who think Palin is attractive suggested to me that I was an idiot for supporting a ticket with two dudes on it), but most Democrats would have been hard-pressed to find a good reason to vote for McCain.
On some level, yes it does. There is nothing inherently funny in calling someone a racist for no reason (or the wrong reason). The only point it makes is that the person who made the image is willing to make wild accusations to vilify someone they don't know. It's not over the top, it's just meaningless. There's no commentary there. They haven't found anything to actually comment on. They just figured this guy is a Democrat, he should vote party ticket, but he's voting for McCain, McCain is white, Obama is black, he must be racist, because only racists won't vote for Obama.

Now while most of those statements are true, but the last is pure, biased conjecture. It's as racist a thought as not voting for Obama based on race. It's a very subtle form of racism that quells all meaningful discussion as we will soon be unable to criticize anyone who also happens to be a minority.

The only humor I see in that picture is the humor in someone being so blinded by their loyalty that they kneejerk label people based on a political choice.


Darc, I voted for Nader. At least he has demonstrably done stuff to better the lives of the American public. He was on the same side I was on most issues. I felt he genuinely wanted the presidency to do good for the nation rather than to have the presidency.

Because both Democrats and Republicans exist only to win elections. Not to serve, not to push agendas, but just to win elections.

it was a simple joke. you have too much time on your hands.
Image
"He who cannot draw on 3,000 years is living hand-to-mouth." -Goethe
User avatar
toastman
Iron Fist of Justice
Iron Fist of Justice
Posts: 4933
Joined: Sat Nov 10, 2001 3:08 am
Location: New Orleans
Contact:

Re: The Funny Political Pictures Thread

Post by toastman » Sat Nov 22, 2008 2:35 pm

Jeeba Jabba wrote: it was a simple joke. you have too much time on your hands.
It was simple. It wasn't a joke.
I was just calling out bullshit for what it was.
No signature.
Post Reply