Official Reicast Android Beta Program

The official forum for the Reicast emulator project.
skmp
DCEmu Cool Newbie
DCEmu Cool Newbie
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Official Reicast Android Beta Program

Post by skmp »

We've updated our CI system to automatically push a new beta release on every successful merge to master.

You can enroll at
- https://play.google.com/apps/testing/co ... t.emulator

More information & place to report issues
- http://chat.reicast.com

(I guess we can use this thread for general beta discussion)
(aka: drk||Raziel, drk, Stefanos Kornilios Mitsis Poiitidis. Yes, I have four names, get over it)

Nothing is, but thinking makes it so
Rikachu
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Re: Official Reicast Android Beta Program

Post by Rikachu »

Hi @skmp,

Is there a way to grab the BETA build again on Nvidia Shield TV? (I could have sworn the normal one was searchable on there).

The GooglePlay store now states Reicast isn't compatible with the device. I've already enrolled as a tester when an older build was pushed but had to format my device :(

Thanks in advance!
skmp
DCEmu Cool Newbie
DCEmu Cool Newbie

Post by skmp »

Looks like google somehow dislikes our APK. We're tracking it internally via https://github.com/reicast/reicast-emul ... bbff19R407
(aka: drk||Raziel, drk, Stefanos Kornilios Mitsis Poiitidis. Yes, I have four names, get over it)

Nothing is, but thinking makes it so
SeylentSnipe
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by SeylentSnipe »

So I was finally able to test a few games on the new Reicast. Very big THANK YOU for fixing the crash bug issue on Skies of Arcadia. After a long (and patient) wait, I was finally able to pass the Grendel cutscene after the Rik'Talish battle.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab S4 (Android)
Controller: Steelseries XL

Here are some noted emulator bugs spanning across all games played:

+Widescreen Resolution (fullscreen) creates a buggy transition between game loading periods and scene transitions
- The buggy transitions can get rather annoying especially after multiple quick cutscenes
- Possibly needs to be a Widescreen and Fullscreen option with the smooth transition fix

+Sometimes upon starting a game, the Dreamcast logo animation and/or game screen will not show and emulator will remain in its blank standard interface
- Use Overview button on Android device and reselect Reicast app to fix

Otherwise, the emulator has been performing beautifully (aside from the same game bugs eg. Shenmue).

Thank you again and please advise me on next steps.
kikeminchas
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by kikeminchas »

Hi there!

New to this forum, so hi everybody.

I have a Nvidia Shield TV and I recently subscribed to the beta program. I have to say I am impressed with the emu, before I just used Retroarch libretro version of the core but for some reason, that version runs choppy in the Shield, doesn't matter which options I select. Reicast standalone is silky smooth in the games I tried. That said, I have found some issues:

- When quitting emulation of a game, sometimes emulator returns to main menu but game list has disappeared. I can navigate to settings but that screen is also blank. The only solution is to quit emulator and wait a bit (or entering another app and then come back to emulator) or force close the emulator.

- Once in game, there is something wrong with the brightness/contrast/gamma of the screen. This one is difficult to explain, loading Crazy Taxy, for instance, the initial SEGA logo is displayed correctly, the white background and the blue SEGA logo are bright, contrast in between them is correct. Inmediately afterwards, I think the ADX logo, presents a greyish, darker white. In game, the colors are dull, contrast and brigthness are low. In dead or Alive 2, the difference is much clearer because the game will switch in between correct brightness and contrast (just before starting a fight) and low brightness/contrast (during the fight)

- the new 640x480 resolution set does not seem to have any effect on the Shield TV

- Setting output cable to 'TV' makes game not loading and return to game selection screen (not sure if this is expected, I have to recognize I don't understand so good what are this options doing, I don't see any difference in between none of them in game, I tried them to check if they would solve the low brightness/contrast issue...)

All these tests are performed with Synchronous Rendering (much smoother gameplay). Thanks!
Edsephiroth
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by Edsephiroth »

Hi, everybody.
This is my First post. I'm new in this forum..
I've Been testing Resident Evil Code Veronica this week and emulator crashes randomly. I couldn't find a reason.
Affer start a game, we only can see a white screen. It only back to normal when I call emulator's menu.
My phone is a Xiaomi Redmi Note 5:
Proc.: Snapdragon 626
GPU: Adreno 506
RAM: 4G
rubyatiy
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by rubyatiy »

kikeminchas wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 3:25 am Hi there!

New to this forum, so hi everybody.

I have a Nvidia Shield TV and I recently subscribed to the beta program. I have to say I am impressed with the emu, before I just used Retroarch libretro version of the core but for some reason, that version runs choppy in the Shield, doesn't matter which options I select. Reicast standalone is silky smooth in the games I tried. That said, I have found some issues: https://phenq-reviews.com/australia/

- When quitting emulation of a game, sometimes emulator returns to main menu but game list has disappeared. I can navigate to settings but that screen is also blank. The only solution is to quit emulator and wait a bit (or entering another app and then come back to emulator) or force close the emulator.

- Once in game, there is something wrong with the brightness/contrast/gamma of the screen. This one is difficult to explain, loading Crazy Taxy, for instance, the initial SEGA logo is displayed correctly, the white background and the blue SEGA logo are bright, contrast in between them is correct. Inmediately afterwards, I think the ADX logo, presents a greyish, darker white. In game, the colors are dull, contrast and brigthness are low. In dead or Alive 2, the difference is much clearer because the game will switch in between correct brightness and contrast (just before starting a fight) and low brightness/contrast (during the fight)

- the new 640x480 resolution set does not seem to have any effect on the Shield TV

- Setting output cable to 'TV' makes game not loading and return to game selection screen (not sure if this is expected, I have to recognize I don't understand so good what are this options doing, I don't see any difference in between none of them in game, I tried them to check if they would solve the low brightness/contrast issue...)

All these tests are performed with Synchronous Rendering (much smoother gameplay). Thanks!
These are just the steps which are not getting the choppy in the shield :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Saintbepis
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by Saintbepis »

I get a black screen whenever I try to load a game and when I change my devices rotation it goes to the dreamcast home screen in this black screen.