DCEmulation

dreamcast development • homebrew software • hardware hacking • indie games • emulators • and more!
Back to main site
It is currently Mon Jul 24, 2017 7:37 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: [GC] Altimira
PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 1:59 am 
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Resurgent Darkness now has "Super Hard", and the problem of getting disconnected in the final room is fixed. Thanks go to Otto Baus for helping me to test the fix.

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2017 1:25 pm 
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

I'm not re-reading through this thread to see if you know about this Super Hard glitch. Also, please do NOT fix it because it saves me a bit of time and isn't exactly an exploit. Or at least, I cannot (yet) figure out HOW to exploit it... Attempts have been made, is all I'm saying.

So if you quit a quest in which you enabled SH, the flag stays active online for the episode you enabled SH in until you beat an SH quest in that episode. It does NOT transfer to non SH quests, and also won't transfer to SH available quests in another episode either. BOO!! Probably because whatever new edits/files/table/whatever the game needs to reference to make SH possible isn't actually there for those enemies, and SH doesn't use equations to modify the existing ones? That's my uneducated guess, anyway.

It is nice to not have to talk to the soldier every time I run to the 2nd floor of the East Tower in PW4 hunting Gigue for SJS though, and that is how I noticed it. I got tired of talking to him each time and said screw this, I don't need no stinking SH! To my surprise, it was still activated anyway. Huzzah!

As an aside, we (the royal "I") were talking and it would please our (my) autism greatly if there were a reference chart of the new enemy stats in SH. Generally speaking, it's pretty obvious that enemies in SH trade lower EVP for more DFP and HP and lower EFR, EIC, ELT, and [the other one I don't remember] respectively for higher EDK. Raw data is neat, too. Probably a pita to organize it anyway.

Lastly, that sparkly warp in 3.1c is either a fucking booby trap or the ultimate troll. It caused me no end of grief last night, and I was not alone. EWs were shared between me and Corey, and also a DC on my end after the final run, too. It took us 4 attempts before we all made it to Falz. Apparently it can force you to warp as soon as you come near the threshold for the door, meaning you ain't got time to cycle weps or load the MAG screen. Fuggin' PSO, mang...

MAGz - extra bank storage character; RAmarl currently

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2017 7:24 pm 
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

The tendency for quest-induced enemy stats to persist into future runs has been known for years; it's one of the reasons why the functionality is buggy. Even so, I have never been able to replicate it. I even tried PW4 just now, and the stats reset to Ultimate when I made a new team, as expected. It's probably a side effect of the all around terrible US disc, as the only people I know of who have experienced this problem are using it. ;)

As for 3.1c, the idea is that when everybody is standing in the hallway switching weapons ASAP, one player will stand in the sparkly, switch weapons, and press A. The sparkly reacts much faster than a boss teleporter, so it's easier to time the weapon switching correctly than when you have to wait up to 10 seconds for the boss teleporter to decide it's ready to send you to the boss.

The range of qualifying for being ready for the boss fight does indeed cover the hallway, so if your team is being careless and somebody just presses A when the last person enters the hallway, then yes, you're probably not going to see any benefit. Nobody gets teleported anywhere until somebody presses A. If you get EW a lot, then you should treat Dark Falz teleportation events more seriously and discuss who is going to do what before you try to start the fight. Even so, luck is always required to make it successfully, which is why 1c is the least-played MA3.

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2017 5:21 pm 
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

I've just added something of an open beta test for Episode II Challenge mode. Stage3 has received the following modifications:

• The Mericarol in Jungle East is no longer random and will always be a Mericarol, so you don't have to make a new team when you get the other variants.
  • Mountain now has 2 boxes that give a fixed Buster and a fixed Lockgun, since finding Busters is extremely difficult, and Brands are grossly underpowered for fighting Gal Gryphon.

The Lockgun is mostly for the sake of Rangers, so they don't suck so badly when fighting Gal Gryphon. Of course these weapons don't have percentages, so you still need to find an A.Beast Buster if you want to defeat Gal Gryphon quickly, but at least this establishes a better baseline for fighting him and reduces the chance of failure when you get bad drops from Gees.

The boxes are behind the rock wall next to the teleporter to Seaside. To access them, you have to hit the timer switch in the southeastern corner of the map and then run through the timed fence and saws. The four boxes used to drop 2 random weapons and 2 random frames, but the frame boxes have been replaced with Buster and Lockgun. There are already other boxes that drop frames with 4 slots, so these 2 random frame boxes were never important, anyway.

Feedback is welcome as to whether these changes make the stage more consistent between runs. As always Iselia remains vanilla, and I could revert these changes on Altimira if they aren't really helpful or desired.