Help I have no idea what I'm doing

Sylverant is a homebrew open source server for Phantasy Star Online. Dreamcast users still play PSO online with this server even today! This is the official forum for both the online game server as well as the open source project itself. Feel free to post and get a gathering started online! We can also show you how to get connected!

Moderators: BlueCrab, Aleron Ives

Ninjacat
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Help I have no idea what I'm doing

Post by Ninjacat »

I have obtained a new copy phantasy star online version 2, I use the patcher to launch the game, and try to connect, whitch seems to work. However, instead of being able to play, I go to this lobby area. The game doesn't appear to be frozen, as the music is playing as normal, and elements sutch as computer screens a spinning celling dome are animated. But my character is not present, and nothing I do seems to have any effect short of opening the disc tray of shutting of the Dreamcast. After 10 to 15 mimutes of waiting, the game displays a line disconnect errot. Ihen try to register on the website, but it it says that there was an error registering, and suggjests that the code is already registered
BlueCrab
The Crabby Overlord
The Crabby Overlord

Re: Help I have no idea what I'm doing

Post by BlueCrab »

If you're using your own serial number/access key pair on the website (i.e, not a "shared serial" that you found online) and it is complaining that you're already registered, then that means you were able to at least make the initial connection to the server before you ran into issues (with the freezing and not seeing anything useful). Check to be sure that your disc is clean and the lens on your Dreamcast isn't dirty as well.

While you do not have to register on the website in order to play the Dreamcast version, you'll be able to get the guild card number that the server assigned to you in-game (once you're able to successfully connect) and you'll be able to use the option on the website to associate an existing guild card to your account.