Getting error 100 constantly

Sylverant is a homebrew open source server for Phantasy Star Online. Dreamcast users still play PSO online with this server even today! This is the official forum for both the online game server as well as the open source project itself. Feel free to post and get a gathering started online! We can also show you how to get connected!

Moderators: BlueCrab, Aleron Ives

Sunlitknight90
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Getting error 100 constantly

Post by Sunlitknight90 »

Hello I may be able to get 10 to 15 minutes of play before I get this error kicking me offline. I am playing on wii using a wifi connection. Anything I can try to do to keep from getting kicked from the server?
Aleron Ives
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Re: Getting error 100 constantly

Post by Aleron Ives »

Try changing your Wi-Fi band? Maybe there's too much traffic on other networks near you. You could rule out the Wi-Fi as the cause if you temporarily move your equipment so you can use a wired connection, then see if you can stay connected longer.
"Fear the HUnewearl."
Sunlitknight90
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie
Been thanked: 0

Post by Sunlitknight90 »

I have a 2.4 and a 5 ghz signal coming from my router but I couldnt find the 5ghz signal with my wii. Doing a wired connection isn't possible with the way my home is set up (the entire set up router modem and pc is in my mother inlaws room). When I get dissconnected it pops up a message to hit start which then takes me to another menu. Here it tells me that it's unable to save, cannot find save file created during start of this game. If I remove my memory card and insert it again the message goes away and it puts me back to title screen.
BlueCrab
The Crabby Overlord
The Crabby Overlord

Post by BlueCrab »

Devolution (like most homebrew for the Wii that uses WiFi) is very susceptible to issues with bad connections. Unfortunately, if you can't get the Wii any closer to the router, you're likely going to continue having the issue you've described with it disconnecting. Could you get some sort of range extender device and set it up somewhere closer to the Wii, perhaps?

The Wii doesn't support 5GHz band WiFi networks, so there's no way to even try to connect to that network.

As for the memory card issue, I'd highly recommend that you use Devolution's memory card emulation if at all possible, rather than using a real memory card. I've never seen that particular issue when using the memory card emulation, but I have seen that (and other saving-related issues) when using a real memory card, including cases where my character got corrupted. Now, the corruption issue may well have been fixed since then (this was WAY back when Devolution first started supporting online play), but I'd still recommend using the memory card emulation anyway.