Connecting through dial up (europe)

Sylverant is a homebrew open source server for Phantasy Star Online. Dreamcast users still play PSO online with this server even today! This is the official forum for both the online game server as well as the open source project itself. Feel free to post and get a gathering started online! We can also show you how to get connected!

Moderators: BlueCrab, Aleron Ives

Ganymede
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Connecting through dial up (europe)

Post by Ganymede »

Hi everyone, I am a new player.

I have got my DC online through dial up. I have a legit GD-ROM of PSO (PAL)

What is the best way for me to connect to the server? I have read the topic but I'm not sure if I understand what to do.

Thanks in advance
BlueCrab
The Crabby Overlord
The Crabby Overlord

Re: Connecting through dial up (europe)

Post by BlueCrab »

Grab the Sylverant PSO Patcher disc and burn it. Then, each time you want to go online, boot your Dreamcast up with that and swap it out for the PSO disc when it asks. It should pretty much take care of the rest.

Also, if you haven't done so yet, I'd recommend going on the Sylverant site and registering for an account and attaching your serial number/access key from your PSO case to your account there. It's always good to do that before you start trying to play, just so it prevents any potential conflicts later on if you were to try to do so.
Ganymede
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by Ganymede »

Wow thank you bluecrab for your fast answer! Seems easier than I thought, I am surprised XD can't wait to go online
BlueCrab
The Crabby Overlord
The Crabby Overlord

Post by BlueCrab »

The hard part of the process is getting your DC online in the first place with dialup. The rest, well, I made that easy with the PSO Patcher disc. :wink:
Ganymede
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by Ganymede »

wow I can confirm it worked perfectly XD I wandered around the vega lobby a bit. didn't see anyone about, will try different times and level myself up in offline mode so I can learn what i'm doing!
BlueCrab
The Crabby Overlord
The Crabby Overlord

Post by BlueCrab »

If you look on the Sylverant website, it'll tell you when people are online. Of course, those people might be on the Gamecube version, so it won't necessarily tell you if there's anyone to actually play with exactly, but it'll give you a better idea anyway.