Difficulty Connecting (Wii/Devolution)

Sylverant is a homebrew open source server for Phantasy Star Online. Dreamcast users still play PSO online with this server even today! This is the official forum for both the online game server as well as the open source project itself. Feel free to post and get a gathering started online! We can also show you how to get connected!

Moderators: BlueCrab, Aleron Ives

Sirbomber
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Difficulty Connecting (Wii/Devolution)

Post by Sirbomber »

Hello,

I just stumbled across all of this a few hours ago, and having played on Dreamcast but never being able to find a reasonably priced GameCube BBA, was excited to finally use my Wii's wifi to put the "onlne" back into Phantasy Star Online. Sadly, I've so far been unable to connect to the server. I keep getting an 008 error (Attempt to connect to the server has failed). I've tried a few things but haven't had much luck so far.

For reference, here are my PSO network settings:
UDP Option: Auto
How to dial: Tone
Outside line: N/A
Line timeout: 99
User ID: sylverant
Password: pso
Phone number 1: 74623185647463
Phone number 2: N/A
Phone number 3: N/A
DNS Server Address: Manual
Primary DNS: 138.197.20.130
Secondary DNS: N/A

Are there perhaps any router settings I should be tinkering with? Port forwarding, anything like that? Your help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
BlueCrab
The Crabby Overlord
The Crabby Overlord

Re: Difficulty Connecting (Wii/Devolution)

Post by BlueCrab »

You have the phone number wrong in there. That's trying to connect to the old server address, which hasn't been active since November. Change the phone number to 152579057317735 instead and try that.

Also, you don't need to set the DNS at all, as the server will send that out automatically when you connect.
Sirbomber
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by Sirbomber »

Thanks for the quick reply! I couldn't find a Wii guide, so I cobbled together information I found on the forums. Guess it shouldn't surprise me some of what I found was outdated! Anyways, I was able to get on (though I still needed to manually enter the DNS; I got a 102 error otherwise) with the new number. Thanks again for your help!
BlueCrab
The Crabby Overlord
The Crabby Overlord

Post by BlueCrab »

Ah... Well, the number's right on the front page of the Sylverant website, for future reference. :wink:

Not sure why you'd need the DNS though, as I've never needed to put that in with Devolution...