DCEmulation

dreamcast development • homebrew software • hardware hacking • indie games • emulators • and more!
Back to main site
It is currently Sun Jun 25, 2017 5:12 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 8:03 am 
Offline
DCEmu Cool Newbie
DCEmu Cool Newbie

Joined: Tue Apr 25, 2017 4:40 am
Posts: 11
Hello, I'd like to share a link to my Github.
It contains code for a commandline tool (written in C) (for Windows & Linux) which calculates section ID (v1 / v2 / Ep.1&2 and BB in another executable).
I started coding it a few days ago, I have a very basic knowledge of C.

It's Open Source (MIT license), and i'd be thrilled if people could take a peek and tell me if some things are wrong or how it could be improved.

I don't handle unicode for BB, but handling unicode with commandline seems daunting....

It compiles both on Windows and Linux (Tested on Arch) with GCC.

I uploaded v0.5 executables on 5/10/2017 in "Release" section.

Compiles were made with these flags :
Code:
gcc -m32 -s -Wall -pedantic inputfile.c -o outputfile.exe



Usage for "legacy" version:
Code:
oseid [name]


Usage for Blue Burst version:
Code:
Usage: oseidbb option [name] [class]
-----------------------------------------------------------------
  -l (--loop)    Starts loop mode (type in "exit" to leave)
  -h (--help)   Print help and exit
  -c            Compute SectionID from name
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Class must be one of these:
  humar
  hunewearl
  hucast
  hucaseal
  ramar
  ramarl
  racast
  racaseal
  fomar
  fomarl
  fonewm
  fonewearl

  all (All classes at once)




Note : It's my first ever (public) Open Source C app/project available through Github, please be gentle (oh and I'm not a programmer, I tried becoming one at a point in my life and failed) ^_ ^



https://github.com/eleriaqueen/OpenSectionID


Last edited by LutheeMajestic on Thu May 11, 2017 12:48 am, edited 7 times in total.

Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 9:37 am 
Offline
DCEmu Cool Newbie
DCEmu Cool Newbie

Joined: Tue Apr 25, 2017 4:40 am
Posts: 11
I implemented "full class names" detection in a branch
class names must be lowercase

Example:
Code:
OSEIDBB -c Hilderia all
OSEIDBB -c Hilderia hucaseal
... etc

Not sure if I'll merge it with main yet... Merging it...

Edit: my tools running on svarog386 (basically a free DOS-compatible OS) as 16-bit apps compiled with OpenWatcom :
Attachment:
File comment: freecom is the FreeDOS / svarog386 shell
VirtualBox_Svarog386_09_05_2017_21_47_53.png
VirtualBox_Svarog386_09_05_2017_21_47_53.png [ 5.6 KiB | Viewed 98 times ]


Edit:
- Added support for what I call "loop mode" to Github (basically like a shell, you type a name and it spits out a list of classes/id's, rinse and repeat)
Code:
oseidbb -l

or
Code:
oseidbb --loop

Type in "exit" (without the quotation marks) to leave :)

- Made names of my project files more sane (all caps was funny for a moment... >_<)
- Fixed bug where 1-character long names were not processed


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group