PAL Wii Player

Sylverant is a homebrew open source server for Phantasy Star Online. Dreamcast users still play PSO online with this server even today! This is the official forum for both the online game server as well as the open source project itself. Feel free to post and get a gathering started online! We can also show you how to get connected!

Moderators: BlueCrab, Aleron Ives

KillerWatts
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

PAL Wii Player

Post by KillerWatts »

Hello all, I'm a long time offline player looking to try and go online for the first time. But before I try to get to this server I was just wondering a few things, first of all as I am from Australia, does my game and wii being from the PAL region impact my ability to connect? Also, as my copy is 2nd hand, it does not appear to have come with an access key, so is there anything I can do or are my chances of going online gone? Thanks in advance.
Aleron Ives
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter
Has thanked: 0

Re: PAL Wii Player

Post by Aleron Ives »

When you start the game and see the spinning "now loading" in the lower right hand corner of the screen, hold the B button on your controller. A prompt should appear asking if you want to play in 60 Hz mode. Say yes, and then your game will run at the same speed as an NTSC copy, assuming you have a TV that supports PAL60. You can play at 50 Hz, but you will be stuck in a perpetual state of slow motion, so you'll find it difficult to keep up with 60 Hz players. Unlike Sega, we do not have a separate ship for 50 Hz players, as the community is too small to warrant it, and everybody should have a PAL60 (HD)TV in 2017...

The cheapest way to get an authentic key for the game is to buy a complete copy of Episode III. Nobody liked that game, so it's a lot cheaper than Episode I & II. ;)
"Fear the HUnewearl."