Transferring Dreamcast character file to PC?

Sylverant is a homebrew open source server for Phantasy Star Online. Dreamcast users still play PSO online with this server even today! This is the official forum for both the online game server as well as the open source project itself. Feel free to post and get a gathering started online! We can also show you how to get connected!

Moderators: BlueCrab, Aleron Ives

Sonic_09
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Transferring Dreamcast character file to PC?

Post by Sonic_09 »

Just want to know if there is a method to transfer over Dreamcast character saved file to PC. Since I have 2 dreamcast with dead laser, I'm switching over to PC PSO but starting over again is painful.
Aleron Ives
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Re: Transferring Dreamcast character file to PC?

Post by Aleron Ives »

You can transfer some of your data (no playtime, bank, Symbol Chats, Challenge record, or Battle record -- level, Techniques, and inventory items only) if you use /save and /restor [sic] on a LAN server, but that requires your DC to be working well enough that you can log on to save your character.
"Fear the HUnewearl."
Sonic_09
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie
Been thanked: 0

Post by Sonic_09 »

My guild card is different from what it says on the sylverant webpage. I'm saving my character data using /save but they don't show up in the manage character data.
Last edited by Sonic_09 on Tue Mar 21, 2017 12:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
K_I_R_E_E_K
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by K_I_R_E_E_K »

It would be better to manually create the char on PC with the same looks, creating the items 1 by 1 with a bank editor and then leveling the char by using cheat engine. (by applying the same total exp and then killing 1 enemy)