Dreamcast bba connection help

Sylverant is a homebrew open source server for Phantasy Star Online. Dreamcast users still play PSO online with this server even today! This is the official forum for both the online game server as well as the open source project itself. Feel free to post and get a gathering started online! We can also show you how to get connected!

Moderators: BlueCrab, Aleron Ives

Somnus
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Dreamcast bba connection help

Post by Somnus »

Hello everyone!

I'm attempting to be the newest dreamcast player around, but am having issues getting my broadband connection set up. I'm currently getting the error indicating that my ISP host couldn't be found, leading me to believe i suck...as this is likely the first (and possibly smallest) hurdle to overcome in order to get onto PSO. I apologize for posting what can very likely be found...somewhere...but after a long while of unsuccessful searching and troubleshooting I'm ready to ask for help. Below is what I'm trying to accomplish this with, if anyone could please assist me in understanding how to properly configure/setup it would be greatly appreciated!

Stuff:
Dreamcast
Broadband adapter HIT-0400
Japanese dream passport disc
Planetweb browser v3.0
PSO v1 and v2 (preferably 2)

I currently do not have a code breaker, or PSO patcher disc...still working on how I can obtain one of those as I don't have a way to burn discs. My internet provider is Charter, and at the moment both my dreamcast and pc are wired into a router, which is plugged into the cable modem. One of the largest issues I'm facing is a lack of available data concerning the planetweb browser and how to configure bba with it. Any suggestions or advice?

Thank you!
Somnus
KuromoriYu
DCEmu Junior
DCEmu Junior

Re: Dreamcast bba connection help

Post by KuromoriYu »

You need to first use the "old" webbrowser, to setup your modem-connection. If it isn't set, PSO refuses to connect.

THEN use planetweb (is the one with BBA support planetweb?) configure your BBA like this:

IP-Address: some free one in your routers IP range (outside the DHCP range!)
Gateway: the IP address of your router.
DNS: whichever is the current DNS you should use for sylverant.
BlueCrab
The Crabby Overlord
The Crabby Overlord

Post by BlueCrab »

Note that the DNS-only setting there will only work for USv1, EUv1, or EUv2. It will not work with v1 or v2 from Japan nor will it work with USv2. For those, you will need to use the patcher disc (preferably) or some other means of getting around the hunter's license check (like Code Breaker).
Somnus
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by Somnus »

So I obtained an older browser version, and I seem to have the connection set up. However, I get disconnected from any ship/block after only a few minutes. Any idea what's causing this and how I can fix it?

Unrelated: once I get my connection stable it would be awesome if I could hook up with a ranger in game to feed my mag once! Lol

Thank guys~
Somnus
Aleron Ives
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by Aleron Ives »

I think this might mean you need to adjust the MTU on your router, but I don't really remember how the last person with such problems fixed them. :? FWIW I think you need to set the MTU to 1400 or something...
"Fear the HUnewearl."
chocolateman
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by chocolateman »

I want to play PSO again but I lost my original character from ages ago. how can I get to lv 100 quicky? I don't care how it's done. if anyone could help me online tonight, I'd really appreciate it. 8-)
Aleron Ives
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by Aleron Ives »

Play Maximum Attack and Endless Nightmare quests. ;)
"Fear the HUnewearl."
chocolateman
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by chocolateman »

Aleron Ives wrote:Play Maximum Attack and Endless Nightmare quests. ;)
ok, I just played both but it's still too slow. I was hoping for an instant solution through a cheat of some kind. I have a disc called Gameshark Lite but it doesn't have any PSO codes. :cry:
Aleron Ives
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by Aleron Ives »

You won't get help with cheating here. For one thing, it's against the server rules. For another, the people who are still playing PSO do so because they enjoy the game, and cheating tends to ruin that enjoyment.
"Fear the HUnewearl."