USB-GDROM PSO Patcher?

Sylverant is a homebrew open source server for Phantasy Star Online. Dreamcast users still play PSO online with this server even today! This is the official forum for both the online game server as well as the open source project itself. Feel free to post and get a gathering started online! We can also show you how to get connected!

Moderators: BlueCrab, Aleron Ives

JohnnyPhantom
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

USB-GDROM PSO Patcher?

Post by JohnnyPhantom »

Hey Everyone,
I have a dreamcast with a BBA and I've been using a pre-patched CD-R to get my retail copy of PSO v2 working on my Dreamcast and I LOVED it. so simple and easy peasy to use. Recently I've purchased a USB-GDROM for my Dreamcast. So I've been ripping all my Dreamcast games to GDI format on my PC to put onto a USB stick and play on my now installed USB-GDROM Dreamcast. (So I have the disc.gdi, track01.bin track02.raw. and track03.bin files for each of my PSO games). So how do I connect to the server now? I'd like to use the PSO patcher to patch my GDI files and just launch the game off the USB and be in, but 2 questions, 1) how do I patch my disc dumps? 2) is the PSO patcher on Sylverant's site still work since the server was just moved?

Thanks everyone! Can't wait to see you all online again!
~John
BlueCrab
The Crabby Overlord
The Crabby Overlord

Re: USB-GDROM PSO Patcher?

Post by BlueCrab »

I would guess as long as you have clean dumps, the patcher will work, assuming that switching discs can be done somehow and that you switch directly from the PSO Patcher to the game (I guess they'd have to be one-after-the-other on the drive -- I don't have one of these USB devices, so I can't make any promises here).

As for whether it works or not, yes, it still works. The patcher didn't use IP addresses for PSO, so there's no problems with the server move (since it still has the same sylverant.net hostname).
JohnnyPhantom
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by JohnnyPhantom »

I know theres a way to swap discs with the USB GD-ROM so thats easy to do, just curious if there's a way to just patch the game files I have to eliminate the swapping all together
BlueCrab
The Crabby Overlord
The Crabby Overlord

Post by BlueCrab »

There are no tools out there to do it, but I'm sure one could do so.
JohnnyPhantom
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by JohnnyPhantom »

Ah thanks for the info, I'll just keep it the way it is now with the "disc" swap method, works just fine in my USB GD-ROM so no complaints. I'll wait until someone smarter than I can make a self booting patched game patcher thingy :P

Thanks again for all your help!
Aleron Ives
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by Aleron Ives »

JohnnyPhantom wrote:I'll wait until someone smarter than I can make a self booting patched game patcher thingy :P
If you're saying that you don't want to deal with disc swapping, I've already made a pre-patched copy of the game that will connect to Sylverant directly.
"Fear the HUnewearl."
czeluff
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by czeluff »

Aleron Ives wrote:
JohnnyPhantom wrote:I'll wait until someone smarter than I can make a self booting patched game patcher thingy :P
If you're saying that you don't want to deal with disc swapping, I've already made a pre-patched copy of the game that will connect to Sylverant directly.
I tried to locate this, but was unable to find it. Could you point me into the right direction?
BlueCrab
The Crabby Overlord
The Crabby Overlord

Post by BlueCrab »

czeluff wrote:
Aleron Ives wrote:
I tried to locate this, but was unable to find it. Could you point me into the right direction?
Linking to disc images and the like is against the forum rules.