Can I get any help connecting with my dreamcast?

Sylverant is a homebrew open source server for Phantasy Star Online. Dreamcast users still play PSO online with this server even today! This is the official forum for both the online game server as well as the open source project itself. Feel free to post and get a gathering started online! We can also show you how to get connected!

Moderators: BlueCrab, Aleron Ives

thenix
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Can I get any help connecting with my dreamcast?

Post by thenix »

I spent time for about a week trying to get my dreamcast to connect. I'm working off of old guides though. I feel like I'm close but I'm missing something. I tried using the windows xp method but I dont' even get a dial tone. I then had it set up for Linux and I get a dial tone but it doesn't connect. I can be more descriptive if anyone is willing to help. I'm also a CS grad and familiar with Linux so I don't need as much hand holding as others might. This is my current obsession so any help would be great. Thanks.
KuromoriYu
DCEmu Junior
DCEmu Junior
Been thanked: 0

Re: Can I get any help connecting with my dreamcast?

Post by KuromoriYu »

Your best bet nowadays (and back then too tbh) is Linux. (cannot really give you advice on that)

about your line-tone etc, Problems i suggest you get a small "PBX" telephone System.
with that i mean a device with multiple analog (vs ISDN) plugs, which allow internal calls.

You should be able to obtain one of These for Little Money...at least over here they are quite common (were....with rise of IP-telephony they fade out).

With a device like this the "Hardware" side is easy - no Need for any line Simulators or other crap.

Regards
Kuromori Yu
Nico0020
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Re: Can I get any help connecting with my dreamcast?

Post by Nico0020 »

These days just invest in building the so called "DreamPI." Its the most headache free way to set this up. Just install the OS image of onto an SD card and you are good to go on the software side.

Main site can be found here
http://blog.kazade.co.uk/p/dreampi.html

PC wizard made a good video with all the info and a tutorial on the subject.
*The Cadillac of signatures*