Howdy says howdy

Sylverant is a homebrew open source server for Phantasy Star Online. Dreamcast users still play PSO online with this server even today! This is the official forum for both the online game server as well as the open source project itself. Feel free to post and get a gathering started online! We can also show you how to get connected!

Moderators: BlueCrab, Aleron Ives

hahuhowdy
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Been thanked: 0

Howdy says howdy

Post by hahuhowdy »

Howdy. I'm a big PSO fan who has probably spent more time playing other forms of Phantasy star than this, even though this was the game that got me hooked.
I have a dc with an EU v1. Will never get it online and only got to lvl 36 before giving up on how hard it was being the only person on Ragol.
Moved to PSU for a year, loved PSP2 found a copy of PSO on the gamecube with a bba but never owned a GC.
Tried for months to play the game on the wii not knowing my memcard was too big and would cause the game to flag as corrupted every time I reloaded. Gave up on ever playing multiplayer split screen and thought that would be the end of my PSO dream.
After learning about tueidj's devolution work I finally bought a smaller mem card off ebay after doing research that was my problem.
The set up was a sinch and I've been able to enjoy this wonderful game online ever since.
Big thanks to BlueCrab and Aleron Ives for the work they've put into maintaining this project.
Since October I've been able to level to 60, meet more than 13 different people online (I just counted my guild cards :P) And even participate in the first stage of challenge mode with 3 other people!
I've even had a friend of mine start playing the game this week (Thanks to a popular twitch feed getting over 5k views playing BB)
Just wanted to say thanks to all who have allowed me to live a dream 15 years too late.
Everyone has been really helpful and friendly, even putting up with me explaining "its my first time doing >>>>" typing with my GC controller.
See you on the surface!
Aleron Ives
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter
Has thanked: 0

Re: Howdy says howdy

Post by Aleron Ives »

If you're using a Wii and Devolution to connect, you can plug a normal USB keyboard into your Wii to type. :mrgreen:
"Fear the HUnewearl."
hahuhowdy
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by hahuhowdy »

If anyone reads this and takes Ives advice please be aware you need to press ctrl + alt + f12. To activate the keyboard. Had to do an Internet search to find out why it wasn't working for me.

Sent from my ALE-L02 using Tapatalk
tueidj
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu
Has thanked: 0

Post by tueidj »

It's in the readme.txt file that comes with Devolution (that apparently nobody bothers to read).