Dolphin Emulator Time

Sylverant is a homebrew open source server for Phantasy Star Online. Dreamcast users still play PSO online with this server even today! This is the official forum for both the online game server as well as the open source project itself. Feel free to post and get a gathering started online! We can also show you how to get connected!

Moderators: BlueCrab, Aleron Ives

Shwab
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Dolphin Emulator Time

Post by Shwab »

Hey Guys! Per a few suggestions I've decided to try out the Dolphin emulator route. I've got the emulator installed and PSO, but when I actually start the game, I'm unable to get past the first "Agree/Disagree" screen. Dolphin detects my GC controller and I have all of the buttons mapped, but they don't seem to work when I start the game...Any suggestions? Thank you!

UPDATE #1: I FIGURED IT OUT!!! For some reason, as soon as I exit the GC Pad screen the controller ports change. So in order to get it to work I had to switch the controller back and forth between Port 1 and Port 2 while in game. That did it! Now it's a matter of connecting to Sylverant! COOL!

UPDATE #2: So far no success connecting to Sylverant. I've changed the DNS info and inputed my serial/access key info, but I'm getting "(No.015) Connection attempt failed. Failed to retrieve IP address from DHCP." Is there a piece of the puzzle I am missing in order to get this sucker up and running? Any help would be appreciated.
mrlooneyman
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Re: Dolphin Emulator Time

Post by mrlooneyman »

Hey did you get this going? Have you installed openvpn on your computer and enabled bba on dolphin?
TulioAdriano
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by TulioAdriano »

Note that at this time, OpenVPN will not work with Dolphin in Windows 10.
There are 10 types of people. Those who understand binaries and those who don't.
Bluepantsu
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by Bluepantsu »

Hey, I'm using Dolphin to connect to Sylverant for a couple of days now.

Dolphin alone will not work, you have to install openvpn and bridge your connections.

I followed this guide: https://forums.dolphin-emu.org/Thread-g ... #pid224237

Once you bridge the connections and you can access the internet, you can try connecting through Dolphin.
The first connection always fails for me, but the 2nd time I try it always works and connects me just fine.
[Gamecube] HUnewearl: Aerynn [Lv80~90]
TulioAdriano
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by TulioAdriano »

That works for me on Windows 8 and 8.1, but not on Windows 10. :(
There are 10 types of people. Those who understand binaries and those who don't.
Aleron Ives
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by Aleron Ives »

I recall somebody else saying that his connection always failed the first time but worked the second time, too. I wonder why that is, since I am usually able to connect on the first try. :?
"Fear the HUnewearl."
Bluepantsu
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by Bluepantsu »

TulioAdriano wrote:That works for me on Windows 8 and 8.1, but not on Windows 10. :(
That's odd, it works fine for me on Windows 10. I have an ethernet connection to our router. I did read somewhere that people on wireless couldn't get it to work on Windows 10, perhaps that's the issue? Or maybe I remember it wrong.

Anyway here is my side running it on W10, showing the adapters.

*snip, best to do it as attachment I guess*
Attachments
dw10.jpg
Aleron Ives
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by Aleron Ives »

Wow, this is the first report I've heard of somebody getting it to work on Windows 10. Did you install OpenVPN or just the TAP adapter? Are you using DHCP or static IP?
"Fear the HUnewearl."
TulioAdriano
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by TulioAdriano »

It's gotta have something to do with him using Ethernet and not WiFi.
Aleron Ives
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by Aleron Ives »

AFAIK you can't bridge the TAP adapter to a wireless adapter on any Windows version. You must bridge it to an Ethernet adapter. If that's the only problem, then I guess Windows 10 works fine, after all. :o
"Fear the HUnewearl."
TulioAdriano
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by TulioAdriano »

It worked with me bridging the TAP with WiFi without issues on 8. Tomorrow I'll try the Ethernet thing and see what happens... :mrgreen:
Bluepantsu
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by Bluepantsu »

Aleron Ives wrote:Wow, this is the first report I've heard of somebody getting it to work on Windows 10. Did you install OpenVPN or just the TAP adapter? Are you using DHCP or static IP?
I installed the whole thing, the setup file is called openvpn-2.3-alpha1-install.exe
After that I had 1 TAP adapter and bridged it with my ethernet connection. I have to admit my first attempt did not work, I got random disconnects on Skype and Dolphin wouldn't connect no matter what so I decided to leave it alone. The next day I reinstalled the whole openvpn thing and it decided to work. I'm still unsure why the first attempt of going online with Dolphin always fails though. (Maybe it pokes the bridge to get it started/out of sleep, and by the time you try a 2nd time it works?)

Edit: Whoops, sorry, missed the 2nd part of the question. I'm just using DHCP in the network settings on PSO.
KuromoriYu
DCEmu Junior
DCEmu Junior

Post by KuromoriYu »

I got it working on Win10, including via WiFi.
No special steps involved.
TulioAdriano
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by TulioAdriano »

Was it a new version of openVPN? There seems to have been a release in 2016, mine was definitely from 2015.
Aleron Ives
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by Aleron Ives »

OpenVPN has changed, but the TAP adapter hasn't been updated. At least, the separate downloads haven't been updated, but I suppose it's possible that the TAP package provided in the full OpenVPN installer might be newer. I rather doubt it, though.
"Fear the HUnewearl."
Didi
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by Didi »

Although I already played through windows I would also like to play online on ubuntu, I tried to configure in this link
(https://wiki.dolphin-emu.org/index.php? ... nd_Adapter)
and I not got.
Someone already managed to play online in a linux distribution?
Passatempo favorito: Jogar os diversos PSOs