GC Keyboard

Sylverant is a homebrew open source server for Phantasy Star Online. Dreamcast users still play PSO online with this server even today! This is the official forum for both the online game server as well as the open source project itself. Feel free to post and get a gathering started online! We can also show you how to get connected!

Moderators: BlueCrab, Aleron Ives

byte.me
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: GC Keyboard

Post by byte.me »

Otto Baus wrote:For those looking for another (potentially) cheaper option to a keytroller for typing while playing PSO on the cube, I spotted an auction on eBay for a Datel Powerboard.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Datel-PowerBoar ... SwUuFW0vs0

I know that these work because I have one. But since acquiring a keytroller, I personally wouldn't go back to using the Powerboard. I have thought of passing it on... You still want one, Ives?
Do they work reeeally well? Like, no hitches at all?
My Hunters:
Chadha Birdy (RAcast, ORAN - Main) - Lv 140
Metatron (HUcast, SKYLY) - Lv 80
Shaider (RAmar, PURPLENUM) - Lv 91

Steam, XBL, PSN - bytemedeep
Skype - johann.bird
Aleron Ives
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by Aleron Ives »

The keytroller is much better quality than the Datel one from what I've heard. The adapter breaks easily and may need to be taped back together.
"Fear the HUnewearl."
byte.me
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by byte.me »

^ Oh, yes, I'm sure nothing out there beats the keytroller, but I'm looking for a more "everyday use" type of keyboard so I don't wear out the keytroller when I absolutely have to play PSO on the GCN. Though the likelihood of playing it again on the 'Cube is pretty slim (since the Wii does a spectacular job in its place), I like having more options. :) It just sucks the Datel isn't as finely constructed. Maybe the adapter won't break if it doesn't get detached from the keyboard at all.
My Hunters:

Skype - johann.bird
Otto Baus
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by Otto Baus »

I don't have any experience with the Wii, and may be wrong about this. But I have read that you can use a usb keyboard on the Wii. If true, that would be a much better option than the datel powerboard for a couple of reasons.

First, the datel keyboard is pretty flimsy, and second, the cord is too short. Not quite as long as a GC pad's cord. Even were I to use the datel dongle, I would get a better ps/2 keyboard.

I never had any issue with the dongle itself.
HotteLunch - HUcast
Gaijin - RAcast
MintChip - FOnewearl
MAGz - extra bank storage character; RAmarl currently
byte.me
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by byte.me »

^ So Datel's adapter is basically a PS/2 adapter for the 'Cube? I thought it was proprietary or something. I've been using a USB keyboard on the Wii for days now, and it works splendidly. It's like a keytroller with the skin of a normal keyboard. :)
My Hunters:

Skype - johann.bird
kevlarAK
DCEmu Fast Newbie
DCEmu Fast Newbie

Post by kevlarAK »

Aleron Ives wrote:Somebody should write this down: a player actually liked the voice chat on PSOX. :lol: Most people who played it say it was a terrible experience, because all you got from voice chat was ten-year-olds screaming into their mics for people to give them PDs in the lobby.
Well, I didn't explicitly state that "I liked PSO-X voice chat" just that it gave me a stronger connection to my friends. Also, I had the best of both worlds, since I had the USB Keyboard adapter for Xbox. Plus, I didn't play much on the main ship/lobby. 95% of my games were on the C-mode ship/lobby. Davburite 10 if I remember correctly, and we were far far away from all the 10 year olds. . . More than half of my Xbox Live Friends list consists of my C-mode friends.